PDA

View Full Version : Is the gamecube online....?

dan da man
Feb 16th, 2003, 11:54 AM
Im asking this question becuase I have no idea, is the gamecube online or ever going to be online?

mark0™
Feb 16th, 2003, 01:48 PM
Yep it is, but we will have to wait a while for it in the UK.

Online games that i know about for the GC are RE Online and an RPG, Star Ocean Or sumthin like that? Dunno.

I've got a question too though, Is GC online gonna need Broadband or will a 56k connection work for it.

Vic Viper
Feb 16th, 2003, 02:06 PM
Phantasy Star Online I and II, mark0. ;)

and the Resident Evil Online game is only for PS2.

mark0™
Feb 16th, 2003, 02:09 PM
My Bad...

I've not heard too much bout it anyways.

dan da man
Feb 16th, 2003, 04:31 PM
Mark, if you havent seen much of RE online, go to gamespot and download the trailer also in the action/adventure forums there some info there.

I cant believe the cube online, Ive heard nothing about it.

DSgamer
Feb 16th, 2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by dan da man
I cant believe the cube online, Ive heard nothing about it.

it took my by surprise too, a while ago

sk8er_kyle
Feb 18th, 2003, 12:07 AM
I didn't know the gamecube was online. I thought it was just a bad console. I still dont like it nearly as much as I like PS2. Thats why I dont want to waste my money on it.

Newbeing
Feb 28th, 2003, 01:13 AM
yeah I was kind of disapointed with my cube... I kind of want a X box now, but I don't have that kind of money...

dan da man
Feb 28th, 2003, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by Newbeing

yeah I was kind of disapointed with my cube... I kind of want a X box now, but I don't have that kind of money...

You could trade your cube in......but you might want to keep your consoles.

Preventer Wind
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by mark0
I've got a question too though, Is GC online gonna need Broadband or will a 56k connection work for it.

I think the adapter is almost the same thing as the ps2s. I am almost sure it will support both 56k and high speed internet connections. It’s all up to the people who make the games if they will support both connections.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:12 PM
Actually theres 2 different ones.

The Broadband (http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00007DWBL.01-A3LTAW8FHJ63G2.LZZZZZZZ.jpg) Adapter and the Modem (http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00007DWBK.01-A3LTAW8FHJ63G2.LZZZZZZZ.jpg) Adapter.I think they both run at between 39.99 to 49.99.The amazing thing right now is that I can't seem to find them anywhere.Which is sorta odd considering I saw them on all the software sites up and for sale.

MakgSnake
Mar 5th, 2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake

The amazing thing right now is that I can't seem to find them anywhere.Which is sorta odd considering I saw them on all the software sites up and for sale.
Hey, at our Best Buy store, we have both of them and quite a few of them..... just letting you know. Both are going for $59.99 (Canadian), which I think is a good price, I just sold one today infact. But there aren't any games at all on GC to play online with.

What I cannot find anymore is the LCD screen for GameCube, we carried it when the store opened in October, but once we ran out of it, never recieved more of them till today and recently I heard from my superviser that we dont carry them anymore. Those LCD screens were pretty fancy looking though. We still do have the mobile battery pack though. :peoples:

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 7th, 2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Hey, at our Best Buy store, we have both of them and quite a few of them..... just letting you know. Both are going for $59.99 (Canadian), which I think is a good price, I just sold one today infact. But there aren't any games at all on GC to play online with.

What I cannot find anymore is the LCD screen for GameCube, we carried it when the store opened in October, but once we ran out of it, never recieved more of them till today and recently I heard from my superviser that we dont carry them anymore. Those LCD screens were pretty fancy looking though. We still do have the mobile battery pack though. :peoples:

Thats wierd Makg.It doesn't even have the adapter on the web site for bestbuy.Owell, no games out yet to play online with the cube anyways.

trunks69420
Mar 7th, 2003, 09:19 PM
PSO is online... 56k only though... Just thought u wood want to know

Hero
Mar 9th, 2003, 09:15 PM
I would keep the Cube if I were you. The Xbox doesn't get any games that dont' either end up on PC or PS2. The Gamecube gets Nintendo only games, and those are worth it.

Halo is the only XBox-console-exclusive game, but I would rather play it on PC anyway.

dan da man
Mar 10th, 2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Hero

I would keep the Cube if I were you. The Xbox doesn't get any games that dont' either end up on PC or PS2. The Gamecube gets Nintendo only games, and those are worth it.

Halo is the only XBox-console-exclusive game, but I would rather play it on PC anyway.

That is not true, now xbox has rare there will be alot of exclusive titles, and xbox has quite alot "only on xbox" titles.

ssjtrunks13
Mar 10th, 2003, 11:47 AM
Now XBOX has Rare? Does anyone know something we can expect to be released fpr XBox from them? Anyway, the question to be asking is "Are there gonna be any systems made in the future that won't have the ability to play online games?"

dan da man
Mar 10th, 2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

"Are there gonna be any systems made in the future that won't have the ability to play online games?"

Most probally not. just a guess though, becuase the future of gameing is online.

ssjtrunks13
Mar 10th, 2003, 08:24 PM
That's what I was talking about. Since PS2 and XBox are online I would be surprised if GC didn't have online capabilities.

dan da man
Mar 11th, 2003, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

That's what I was talking about. Since PS2 and XBox are online I would be surprised if GC didn't have online capabilities.

I know a cool game, mario kart will be out later this year, online too. that will be amazing.