PDA

View Full Version : did anyone played Grandia II???

Plug 4
Feb 14th, 2003, 02:10 PM
i saw the game for 30$ today and i was wondering if it's a good game..i never played the first one but this one looks good.

Nelo Angelo
Feb 14th, 2003, 04:37 PM
Yea, I played it.

Get it for Dreamcast. :P

ssjtrunks13
Feb 14th, 2003, 04:41 PM
I got it for DC, I beat it many times, and I can help you on getting lots of move coins in the first half. Basically all I did is go through almost every area I could mor than once, there are a couple of places that are better to go through more than just twice, I did them about 5 times each. Great game, it has lots of good VA's in it. There is Cam Clarke, Jodi Benson, Jennifer Hale, the guy who does Raiden's voice in MGS2(no lie), and possible other recognizeable ones.

Plug 4
Feb 14th, 2003, 05:10 PM
^^nice

im gonna buy it one day but before i have to complete FF9 and soon im gonna get star ocean 2. and xenosaga is coming out. and star ocean 3..!!

damn too many games!

Sword 4 Hire
Feb 14th, 2003, 05:30 PM
Grandia II eh...well the story sucked and so did the characters...but the battle system is good

That's about the only aspect I liked about Grandia II

kupoartist
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:43 AM
I haven't played it, but I keep looking for it in bargin bins and second-hand stalls... PS2 games cost to much as a rule, but I desperately need to get a bigger collection (2 so far :laugh: )

Spank-A-Thon
Feb 15th, 2003, 01:24 PM
I bought it second hand for my PS2, and completed it about 2 months ago.

I thought the character of Millenia was great! She really was the highlight for me - the rest of the cast was your fairly typical RPG cast.

However, everything about the game just seemed soooooo slow.... You can speed up the text bubbles at some points but not in others. The magic effects in battle were also time consuming, but not even that graphically good!

I hated the fact there was no map during exploration - I got sick of having to run side to side all the time just to check everywhere!

And people moan about FFX being linear? Grandia II is by far the most linear RPG I've ever played!

When it's all said and done though, I paid £15 for it - and it was worth the money despite its annoyances.

- S

David
Feb 15th, 2003, 07:19 PM
Get it, because it's the best RPG I ever played, it's got an awesome storyline, plus Enix made it.

Soul Angel
Feb 16th, 2003, 11:05 AM
I got Grandia 2 for the PS2 and I thought it was alright. I think its a game worth trying out.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 16th, 2003, 05:05 PM
If you want to get this game I recomend you check out Grandia and Grandia Xtreme. I think the other two games are slightly better, what I liked about Grandia II was all the familiar voices in it.

IcyMourdor
Feb 17th, 2003, 10:22 PM
I had fun with Grandia II.

I agree, there are going to be many great RPGs this year, and its only Feb. Its a good year to be an RPGamer.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 18th, 2003, 12:17 AM
It sure is, too bad I'll be late in enjoying it.

Frozen
Apr 22nd, 2003, 05:02 PM
This game is worht owning, but not worth 30 bucks :P

I have it but I got my progress interrupted cuz a baby took it and left some sticky shit on it and I still have not cleaned it :B :roll:

kupoartist
Apr 23rd, 2003, 12:33 PM
how strange that this topic gets resurrected as soon as I go out and buy this game :laugh: (£15 like Spank, so its already proved itself in my eyes) ... I've only played a little, and I must say that I really like the battle system and graphical style, even if the execution of the later looks about FF7 quality in animation terms (some of the time at least). The story and characters seem good enough, and the voices aren't totally irritating. Shame about the "you're gonna have to practice if you wanna beat me" after every single fight so far though...

ssjtrunks13
Apr 23rd, 2003, 06:34 PM
I don't understand the problems people have with the Grandia series. I loved all three, I think the first is the best.

ToxicUK
Apr 24th, 2003, 02:34 PM
Grandia series is one of the best series ever so nobody diss it because I like everthing about it.

ssjtrunks13
Apr 24th, 2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by ToxicUK

Grandia series is one of the best series ever so nobody diss it because I like everthing about it.

My thoughts exactly. With what Grandia Xtreme Lacks they make up for in fighting, at least that's what I believe.

ToxicUK
Apr 24th, 2003, 04:41 PM
I just have to add I didnt think the storyline was quite as good as Grandia 1 but it makes up for it perfectly on fighting and action. Great RPG seriously.

ssjtrunks13
Apr 28th, 2003, 04:17 PM
That was what I was hinting towards, but you said it better. What about Grandia II? I thought it was just about as good as the first.

Frozen
Apr 30th, 2003, 01:24 PM
The final boss is a butterfly with an old man's face! LMAO! I had never played against such as hilarious/pathetic character as the final enemy

As Spank said, this game is just way too comically linear. But I liked it, it was fun, and definitely, the battle system was absolutely cool, I wish there were more games with a battle system like that.

ToxicUK
Apr 30th, 2003, 02:31 PM
Yes that comment about the final boss is true. Grandia II is quite a good game in its own respect.

Jubei
May 4th, 2003, 07:59 PM
Grandia was a v good game, I beat a few times without getting bored. Stroy wise I liked it, nt too strong but good none the less, the characters were well developed and the fighting system was superb, a very worth while purchase