PDA

View Full Version : RPG Maker 2

rpgKing
Feb 14th, 2003, 01:04 PM
Well RPg maker is pushed back again till like june or something. The first one sucked. But this one suppose to give a better view and eaiser building. Who Wouldnt want to make their own Rpg?

What RPg Would you guys make?

Mine Would be almost like a dragon Warrior since I like that game so much.

mark0™
Feb 14th, 2003, 01:31 PM
I have a pretty good plan for an RPG, which I was planning to make on DarkBASIC, but I could never be bothered to try and learn it :(

Can you export your RPG's on this game, sounds good.

rpgKing
Feb 14th, 2003, 01:33 PM
I dont think so. I played the first one. You have to build your own duengons, towns, people, bosses, items, monsters, how much your person levels up, etc. Practically everything in a rpg. It may take weeks or even months to finish one though.

mark0™
Feb 14th, 2003, 01:44 PM
It makes 2D RPG's right?

The PC RPG makers are probably better, seeing how you can export them :(

rpgKing
Feb 14th, 2003, 01:47 PM
Man That sounds cool. Im hoping its 3-d

DSgamer
Feb 14th, 2003, 01:50 PM
I'm sooooo getting it, i wannna make my own RPGs

Sword 4 Hire
Feb 14th, 2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by godess

shut up mark you homo

Godess can die

Anyway I've got everything planned out for my rpg, can't wait till this game comes out

kupoartist
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:37 AM
personally, i've always wondered about whether it'd be easy to make an RPG using a popular engine like "Unreal Warfare"... that'd certainly look good, and there are a good few features in there to do somthing with... hey, Deus Ex 2 can't be wrong :laugh: (and people have done Strategy and Puzzle games with this or similar engines... its just a shame i know nothing about programming :laugh: )

mark0™
Feb 15th, 2003, 05:17 PM
I just downloaded a cool RPG Maker For the PC Called RPG Maker 200 by a guy callled Don Miguel, It's pretty good, Although I haven't got to grips with it yet.

If I make anything half decent, Ill try to put it on the Net for you guys to donwload :)

sk8er_kyle
Feb 15th, 2003, 06:17 PM
I want to make a really good RPG. I'd make it like a FF game. That would be cool.

David
Feb 15th, 2003, 07:11 PM
I don't know, perhaps what you can use to make your RPG.

mark0™
Feb 16th, 2003, 10:43 AM
With this RPG Maker 2000, you could make an FF style Game (FF1-6 though, its 2d) But since it has its own engine, its not 100% cutomisable, but you can tweak quite a lot if stuff though.

If you want to make a fully customisable RPG, your gonna have to leanr a programming language. DarkBASIC would be good, as its a BASIC language designed for making PC games for. I have it, but I just don't have time to leanr BASIC.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 16th, 2003, 05:00 PM
Where can I find this DarkBASIC thing?

mark0™
Feb 16th, 2003, 05:02 PM
I bought my version, I assume you can get it on KaZaA too.

sk8er_kyle
Feb 16th, 2003, 11:11 PM
Dam. I cant get KaZaA to download on my computer. So if I want that I'll have to buy it. My stupid computer is screwed up and I cant download some things. I guess i might buy that.

mark0™
Feb 17th, 2003, 02:27 AM
It's just a modified Version of BASIC, so most BASIC languages could pull of most of the same stuff, but If you want something 3d, and program it in BASIC, you'll Need DarkBASIC or Blitz3D, there both similar.

But its not easy, you program it, it doesnt program the game itself from your choices. I'd reccomend you pick up a free version of any BASIC language out there on the net, and learn it if you don't know it already.

Plus search for DarkBASIC on the NET, you might find somewhere to get it for free.. I Dont Know Really.

David
Feb 17th, 2003, 06:54 AM
Lucky I learned some of it, don't ask because it's kinda complicating.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 17th, 2003, 01:31 PM
I am takin gcomputer science at school and we started with Visual Basic last semester and now this semester we are studying C++. I might look for this thing later.

Darkness 4 Hire
Apr 2nd, 2003, 12:48 AM
Visual basic was easy...and JAVA is just as easy. Me and S4H are going to make the best RPG known to all. Just wait and see!!!!

Jubei
May 4th, 2003, 08:44 PM
That RPG Maker sounds good m8, might have a look on KaZaA for it