PDA

View Full Version : Panzer Dragoon (Overrated)

Vicious_2003
Feb 2nd, 2003, 03:04 PM
I rented PDO (Panzer Dragoon Orta) yesterday and beat it the same day. Ive seen all the great ratings its scored on all the gaming magazines and sites and I cant help but wonder why . I beat the game on both easy and normal difficulties and I must say Im extremely disappointed. There are only ten missions to do and they take about 6 to ten minutes each to beat, varies with difficulty level. It was short and seemed like something that belonged more in an arcade than a console. There are a few extra missions you can unlock in Pandoras Box (Extra features mode) but they dont give the game much more depth. The graphics are outstanding and the worlds are very well designed , but the game is very very repetitive (The whole game is just shooting at stuff, as you would expect) . If I would have bought this game I would have returned it the same day, I just dont get what people see in this game other than its looks

dan da man
Feb 2nd, 2003, 03:11 PM
Glad you told me about this because i was going to buy the game, i dont like short games. But what exactly is the game about?

Sleazy P Martini
Feb 2nd, 2003, 03:13 PM
I wasn't interested in the game from day one. Not my type.

Sword 4 Hire
Feb 2nd, 2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini

I wasn't interested in the game from day one. Not my type.

Me neither...I played it a bit in a game store and it was fun for about 5 minutes then it grew dull...I doubt I'll even rent this one

Infernal Mass
Feb 2nd, 2003, 05:21 PM
rail shooters are outdated..no matter how pretty the graphics are, the game is going to get boring fast. When i found out panzer dragoon as a rail shooter i was very dissapointed..the demo just further confirmed my speculation on how boring the game is.

Vicious_2003
Feb 2nd, 2003, 06:07 PM
The storyline is one of the worst parts of the game. I never played the old ones so maybe thats why I dont like it but it has something to do with a half android half human girl who is locked away because they expect her to be a killing machine. Then Some people come to break her out in order to somehow use her to create an army of dragon's (Something like that) . Then a lot of crazy nonsense things happen with another android and well...I didnt really get it. (As you can tell) . Left me dazed and confused