PDA

View Full Version : Cd-r

ToxicUK
Feb 1st, 2003, 03:46 PM
One of my CDS is starting to get real scratched and as far as ive heard im allowed one backup. I odnt know whether this is true but what CD-Rs to PS2 Accept? Apparently my freind told me his 80 min /750mb CD-R Silverspeed Philips work but what shud i use cos i dont wanna waste money on a cd-r that it wont pick up?!:peoples:

PS - Its an audio cd...

mark0™
Feb 1st, 2003, 03:55 PM
As far as I know, your gonna need to chip your PS2 to play copies. But I wouldn't as you will ose your warrenty if yuou install a chip. I think you can get a plug in card to play CD-R's though can't you (I had one on my PS1)

If its an audio CD, most CD players play CD-R's without a problem.

dan da man
Feb 2nd, 2003, 11:56 AM
Yea you need to chip your ps2, and chipping it cost alot because you have to do it seprate if you want it all done, to play copied games, dvd's, music. if you gonna do this i would reccomed buying a old ps2 so you dont loose your warrenty.

mark0™
Feb 2nd, 2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by dan da man
if you gonna do this i would reccomed buying a old ps2 so you dont loose your warrenty.

Why? Thats just gonna cost you another PS2 for no logical reason.

http://www.electronic-devices-uk.ltd.uk/console/ps2modchips.htm

Just a quick search, chips sell from £25 and up, not too expensive seeing how much you could save If you choose to buy bootlegs, I personally hate bootlegs, but theres a site anyways.

dan da man
Feb 2nd, 2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by mark0

Why? Thats just gonna cost you another PS2 for no logical reason.

Well if i just bought a £160 ps2 brand new i would not chip it, it would be scencible to buy a old ps2 and chip that one IMO.

mark0™
Feb 2nd, 2003, 05:33 PM
well If your PS2 did break, you'd be better off just buying an old one after it breaks, not before it as a possible back up.

Plus you could get a repair company to fix it, sure its gonna cost, but not as much as a new PS2. :disturb:

dan da man
Feb 3rd, 2003, 05:17 PM

well If your PS2 did break, you'd be better off just buying an old one after it breaks, not before it as a possible back up.

Plus you could get a repair company to fix it, sure its gonna cost, but not as much as a new PS2. :disturb:

Yea i understand you, but then again everyone is diffrent and to do as they wish.

ToxicUK
Feb 14th, 2003, 03:18 PM
:ghost:

Its NOT chipped - and i t plays Philips CD-Rs perfectly. I dunno - i got my backup made and it works just fine.:P No need for chipping...

Anyways if I did get it chipped in theory would i be able to play VCDS?

mark0™
Feb 14th, 2003, 03:37 PM
I dont think the PS2 supports VCD's, pirated or real... I'll tell you if i find out.

But i think you could play Pirated DVD's on it though

dan da man
Feb 14th, 2003, 03:50 PM
But i think you could play Pirated DVD's on it though

Dont think you can, I imported black hawk down on dvd from the U.S. and it didnt work.

My friend said you have to chip the dvd player (ps2) too to play copied disks, im not to sure on this though.

mark0™
Feb 14th, 2003, 07:11 PM
I meant you could probably play pirate DVDs on a chipped PS2, but not VCD (pirate or authentic, do you actaully get real VCDs?)

But if you want to play different region DVD's Dan, you can get this cheat catrdge thingy that unlocks the Region block on the PS2 :)

Overclocker
Mar 29th, 2003, 10:10 AM
Can you use a boot disk to play cdrs?

ToxicUK
Apr 26th, 2003, 04:02 PM
You can use Xploder or Gameshark but why - the PS2 plays audio cds fine anyways. ON ALL BRANDS