PDA

View Full Version : Castlevania: White Night Concerto

merylsilverburg
Feb 22nd, 2002, 11:50 PM
Well, seeing how Castlevania: Symphony of the Night was put into the RPG section, I thought this might as well go here too. Sorry if this belongs in Action/Adventure or somewhere else. I got my weekly newsletter from *********** and there's going to be a new Castlevania game! If someone already posted a thread like this, sorry again! Unfortunately, it's going to be on the GameBoy Advance. It was originally planned for the PS2, but seeing how well Castlevania: Circle of the Moon did, they decided the GBA would be good. The producer is Koji Igarashi, the same guy who produced Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. He states that the name "Dracula" would not be put into the Japanese title, mainly because they won't be focusing on Dracula as much this time. He claims this is to explore Castlevania from a wider angle. The story is vague but it takes place in 1740, with a new character from the Belmont Family, who'll use a whip for his weapon as well as other items. For those of you who played the previous game on GBA, this time around, there'll be brighter graphics, the map will be larger, and the L and R buttons will be used for dashing. There's also a quicksave function now. The game will be released June for Japan, but as for the US, the date is still unknown. That's about it. The good thing is, Iragashi-san said the next Castlevania will be on another platform instead of the GBA, so there might be hope for a PS2 version. Just wanted to let you guys know, in case you didn't! :happy:

Pearl
Feb 24th, 2002, 08:40 AM
Let's hope they make also a Ps2 version, because I'm not planning to get a GBA :p
Do you know when will this new game come out?

Thanks for letting us know meryl :)

merylsilverburg
Feb 24th, 2002, 12:56 PM
I'm not sure when the new game will come out, because they only said the next Castlevania will be on the PS2, but that's about it. If I hear any news about it, I'll let you guys know. :)

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 24th, 2002, 11:21 PM
It better come out on ps2 or else i'll give them a piece of my mind