PDA

View Full Version : this is messed up

Beretta55
Jan 18th, 2003, 10:47 PM
i have had this trouble on other forum's. it's uploaded avatar's it's a jpg but everytime i upload it or put it on the url slot it say's this is a invalid gif or jpg file. ensure it is and try again. now i have tried hosting the avatar but didnt work what's up with this?

mark0™
Jan 19th, 2003, 06:41 AM
Try uploadingit as "GIF" format instead of JPG, think that happened to me once.

If that dont work, make sure the dimensions and file size are not over the limits.

Beretta55
Jan 19th, 2003, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by mark0

Try uploadingit as "GIF" format instead of JPG, think that happened to me once.

If that dont work, make sure the dimensions and file size are not over the limits.
and how do you suppose i change a jpg file to a gif format?
and i know it's not over the limit cause usally when it does. it say's it's over 64x64 blah blah. it's either my computer im useing my parent's this never happened on my computer thoughO_o

Rei
Jan 19th, 2003, 11:01 AM
It could be that they're not accepting anymore avatars uploads. Or that they accept only some images extensions, not all of them. To change a file from jpg to gif, you have to save the jpg file again in gif format. Any program for image editing can do it.

mark0™
Jan 19th, 2003, 11:49 AM
When i said check the file size, I didnt mean the pixel sizes (the dimensions) i meant the actual file size in Bytes. There may be a file size limit.

Rei
Jan 19th, 2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by mark0
There may be a file size limit.

If the forums Frost is talking about work as this one, the message is different when the file is too big, both in bytes, both in dimensions. It's not the same message you get when the file's extension is not valid. I think he's talking about another kind of problem.