PDA

View Full Version : beating mgs2 bosses in quick times!

dan da man
Jan 17th, 2003, 05:46 PM
i was reading one of my ps2 mags (PSM2) and ppl have posted there times in for beating mgs2 bosses in quick times! i was so amazed when i read them i will give you some now!

OLGA- 00'16"94

FATMAN- 00'21"78

HARRIER- 00'32"98

VAMP- 00'01"88

METAL GEAR RAYS- 00'07"26

SOLIDUS- 00'27"20

so what are the tricks? especialy VAMP! how the hell do u beat him that quick and all the others????:peoples:

oh and if you have any proud times defeating bosses plz post them!

ssjtrunks13
Jan 17th, 2003, 05:58 PM
I don't know, I guess lots of practice. I haven't played it much recently so Imay be a little rusty.

Dark Angel
Jan 17th, 2003, 06:33 PM
I beat Olga in 14 secs once. I was very proud of myself to say the least.

fritz14
Jan 18th, 2003, 01:59 PM
with vamp u get the stinger launcher and at the very start, keep firing at him (preferably with the brown wig) he wont have a chance to leave if u do it right. it does work, i tried it. altho i didnt record . DOH! it cause i alot of lag which slows the clock down.
speaking of bosses. try them on extreme mode. im soo relieved i got all the tags first go thru extreme lol.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 18th, 2003, 02:14 PM
Cool! I haven't collected all the tags from any difficulty, I don't think.

dan da man
Jan 18th, 2003, 02:20 PM
wow! i finally beat vamp in a quick time, well it wasnt recorded but this is how u do it, when vamp jumps into the pool fire alot of grenades with the grenade luancher in about 6-8 before he comes back up, and when vamp comes up hes DEAD!

Dark Angel
Jan 18th, 2003, 06:19 PM
The Vamp Stinger thing needs very good timing, to get them to hit at the right the exact point to make him not move so you can keep shooting at him.

Daniel Legge
Jan 19th, 2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

i was reading one of my ps2 mags (PSM2) and ppl have posted there times in for beating mgs2 bosses in quick times! i was so amazed when i read them i will give you some now!

OLGA- 00'16"94

FATMAN- 00'21"78

HARRIER- 00'32"98

VAMP- 00'01"88

SOLIDUS- 00'27"20

so what are the tricks? especialy VAMP! how the hell do u beat him that quick and all the others????:peoples:

u read PSM2 as well? do u get it every month? my best time for fatman is 25secs i think, i did that by shootin him straight away and not lettin him skate away. my time for the other bosses are pretty poor tho

dan da man
Jan 19th, 2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Daniel Legge

u read PSM2 as well? do u get it every month? my best time for fatman is 25secs i think, i did that by shootin him straight away and not lettin him skate away. my time for the other bosses are pretty poor tho

yes i read the mag but i dont buy it every month.

Daniel Legge
Jan 19th, 2003, 01:48 PM
ah right, do u get any mag every month? if u do then why?

dan da man
Jan 19th, 2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Daniel Legge

ah right, do u get any mag every month? if u do then why?

it varys, sometimes every week to a month, i get all diffrent mags most to find out news in the gameing world and the other uk ps2 official mag for the demo.

fritz14
Jan 20th, 2003, 06:20 AM
i dumped ps2 official for psm2
psm2 is better value since offical is nearly 7 pounds here now and they repeat the demos.

Daniel Legge
Jan 20th, 2003, 02:24 PM
i think PSM2 is better value, the magazine has better content i think. but you dont get a playable demo. i have almost every issue of PSM2.

dan da man
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:12 PM
yes i think PSM2 have better content, but u dont get a playble demo.

fritz14
Jan 20th, 2003, 04:06 PM
i found opm2 cost alot and always had repeat demos....it had 4 repeats 1 disc and there was only 4 demos lol.

Vicious
Jan 21st, 2003, 12:55 PM
I havent tried any of those tricks, buy I will. By the way, Game Pro and Game Informer are the best gaming magazines because they cover all platforms and aren't baised toward any of the platforms, and that is nesscesary when reviewing games and their quality.

dan da man
Jan 21st, 2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Knight

I havent tried any of those tricks, buy I will. By the way, Game Pro and Game Informer are the best gaming magazines because they cover all platforms and aren't baised toward any of the platforms, and that is nesscesary when reviewing games and their quality.

yes, but i like to get a magazine what just covers one console.
but do get all platorm mgs time to time

ssjtrunks13
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:17 PM
Yes, Game Pro is very good. That's how I found out about Budokai before it was anywhere near to being released.
How do people constantly do that?

Dark Angel
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:53 PM
I used to get Gamemaster as it covered all formats, but I've got it in ages, I sometimes get OPM and PSW (I think it's called that) as well as that one with the repeating demos that costs too much (Can't remember that either...)

Gaseous_Baboon
Jan 25th, 2003, 03:14 PM
Here in the Land of the Free, I think the best gaming mag is EGM. Its not strictly Playstation and has no demo, but it is one thick sucker with tons of news, reviews, previews, features, and other stuff. I don't subscribe but I usually end up picking it up. Say... It just occured to me that this post isn't about magazines.... I'd better mention the topic quick!
Umm... yeah. Those times sure are fast! (Phew, that was close!)

ssjtrunks13
Jan 25th, 2003, 06:53 PM
VERY FAST!! I do0n't think I'd ever get that good.

Matrix
Mar 11th, 2003, 12:19 AM

OLGA- 00'16"94

FATMAN- 00'21"78

HARRIER- 00'32"98

VAMP- 00'01"88

SOLIDUS- 00'27"20

how do u beat the rays in 7 sec.???? that's impossible!!!

and how do u beat fatman in 21 sec.??? he wastes that much time alone during that batlle standing back up when u knock him down!!!!

the only one that is really believable is solidus, my record for him is about 20 sec. and that is not counting cut scenes.(man I love that sword!!!)

dan da man
Mar 11th, 2003, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Matrix

how do u beat the rays in 7 sec.???? that's impossible!!!

and how do u beat fatman in 21 sec.??? he wastes that much time alone during that batlle standing back up when u knock him down!!!!

the only one that is really believable is solidus, my record for him is about 20 sec. and that is not counting cut scenes.(man I love that sword!!!)

I read it in PSM2, people posted there times in, with PROOF, you must know that there are some people at games who are really good, just becuase we cant do them times, dosnet mean anyone else can:P .

fritz14
Mar 11th, 2003, 12:18 PM
i found out 1 time played the bosses, that l1 locks onto them. lol makes fatman easier cause bullets knock him sdown even if they arent hs. lol

Matrix
Mar 12th, 2003, 09:48 PM

I read it in PSM2, people posted there times in, with PROOF, you must know that there are some people at games who are really good, just becuase we cant do them times, dosnet mean anyone else can:P .

did u see the proof posted in the magazines????

and also you can't tell me it is possible to beat the rays in 7 sec. , mabye one ray on very easy with a fast loading secret or something, because if u think about it realistically, how many hit does it take to kill a ray (8 or so) and how long does it take for a stinger missle to travel to the ray and hit it, also u have to wait a while cause the stinger only fires 1 missle every 4 seconds or so, it won't allow u to even shoot another one while the other one is still flying around!!!!!

Same goes for the harrier, but the time for the harrier is a "bit" more believable!!!!!!!!!!

but as far as the rays go u cannot tell me it is possible to defeat all the rays(even on very easy) in 7 sec.

fritz14
Mar 13th, 2003, 07:44 AM
yeah, if ya get too close they use those lasers but if u were to fire then de equip and re-equip the launcher. would it then be possible?

dan da man
Mar 13th, 2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Matrix

did u see the proof posted in the magazines????

and also you can't tell me it is possible to beat the rays in 7 sec. , mabye one ray on very easy with a fast loading secret or something, because if u think about it realistically, how many hit does it take to kill a ray (8 or so) and how long does it take for a stinger missle to travel to the ray and hit it, also u have to wait a while cause the stinger only fires 1 missle every 4 seconds or so, it won't allow u to even shoot another one while the other one is still flying around!!!!!

Same goes for the harrier, but the time for the harrier is a "bit" more believable!!!!!!!!!!

but as far as the rays go u cannot tell me it is possible to defeat all the rays(even on very easy) in 7 sec.

YES! I did, if you dont beleive me I will give you there email, and check for youreself, did you know there are some game experts in the world, and there are glitches and bugs in games, so they could of used them, goodness knows, I would not of made this thread, I did'nt beleive it myself, and told you guys. Beleive it or not, its true.!

Esjay
Apr 7th, 2003, 12:40 PM
Matrix, give it a rest. I've defeated the Rays in like 30 seconds before, don't get all worked up, even if they ARE faking it, it isn't the end of the world, so chill out dude.

Those times ARE quite impressive, if they're authentic anyway. I've beaten most of the bosses in less than a minute, all except for Olga anyway. I was never good at fighting her :(

SplinterJD
Apr 7th, 2003, 06:27 PM

It takes less than 8 hits to kill a ray more like 4. Plus the rays have a recovery period where you can't actually hit them after you have hit them.;)

Esjay
Apr 7th, 2003, 07:47 PM
I was playing MGS2 today, and I just figured out that Vamp can be defeated in less than 10 seconds, try this:

At the beginning of the fight, while he's bowing, get out your Stinger Launcher, hold R1, and aim at his midsection, and fire like crazy. Slowly follow him and keep firing, and you'll beat him in an insanely low time. The stingers stun him, and keep him from going down into the water, so you can just keep hitting him over and over until he dies. It takes some practice to keep the combo going though, usually he'll escape the missiles. I can do it perfectly now, though.

SplinterJD
Apr 8th, 2003, 05:17 AM
At the beginning of the fight, while he's bowing, get out your Stinger Launcher, hold R1, and aim at his midsection, and fire like crazy. Slowly follow him and keep firing, and you'll beat him in an insanely low time. The stingers stun him, and keep him from going down into the water, so you can just keep hitting him over and over until he dies. It takes some practice to keep the combo going though, usually he'll escape the missiles. I can do it perfectly now, though.

Now that I remember I did that to beat Vamp on extreme coz i couldn't be stuffed doing it the hard way. Pretty cool trick, but as for the other times I find them hard to believe well most of them anyway.;)

fritz14
Apr 8th, 2003, 11:00 AM
i think i already polsted that but no matter. thats a more descriptive way, and it does work. u get slowdown due to the smoke. but it slows down the timer too.