PDA

View Full Version : I Bought the Ultimate Peripheral

Redpyramidhead
Jan 17th, 2003, 04:09 AM
Yeah so I dropped by GameStop cuz it's my favorite store in the world and I was lookin at games n stuff n then I took a look at the controllers and stuff and...
OhMyGod! I just bought the ultimate peripheral for the PS2! You have no idea! It's called the Stealth controller and it's made by Pelican Accesories, apparently, so hopefully that'll help you find it. I got the black one cuz it was called the Stealth so it had to be black, right? The L2 and R2 buttons are moved so you can rest your middle fingers on them and I wonder why nobody thought of that before, but the main cool thing about the controller is it's a personal surround sound system for 20 bucks! it came with headphones that you plug into the controller and the normal cable runs to the controller port on the front of the console which you connect to a cable that connects directly to the audio/visual out on the back of the console which you can hook your r/f adaptor or whatever to the tv straight though. So basically, even if your tv doesn't have stereo cable input you can enjoy surround sound through the headphones. So yeah, check it out! I was wanting insane surround sound for the longest time on my games like my friend, but I didn't want to spend 100's of dollars on this huge speaker system...instead I paid 20 bucks!
Btw...if you thought Silent Hill 2 was scary before with the S-Force feature n everything try it with this thing! OHMYGOD! I can;t even describe it.
Anyways...I just thought I owed it to you guys to tell you about this thing cuz it's probably the only necassary peripheral for the PS2 out there. PLeasant gaming :cool:

_RED_ stuff

Daniel Legge
Jan 17th, 2003, 01:09 PM
cool, i think i might just get one of them. I live in the UK so it might be harder for me to find it but it sounds cool, thanks for that. :phew:

Gadzoox
Jan 17th, 2003, 02:01 PM
Sweet! That sounds uber-cool! (I'm a loser cuz I said 'uber')

I hooked up my huge cover-your-whole-ear headphones to my speaker system (because it was late at night and I didn't want to wake people) and WHOLY COW Silent Hill 2 was like... 100000X scarier!! Yeep! Muchos funnos! :happy: So I congradulate you one your new purchase!

dan da man
Jan 17th, 2003, 03:15 PM
sounds good, i might have a look for one, but like legge said in the UK it will hard to find:P

ssjtrunks13
Jan 17th, 2003, 03:58 PM
Wow. SOunds like a pretty good deal, maybe I'll be able to find it in a store somewhere. I have always wanted to listen to surround sound that actually sounds like the sound is all around you.

Vicious
Jan 17th, 2003, 04:33 PM
I have to get that controller

DragonSphere
Jan 17th, 2003, 06:24 PM
I've seen that controller before, but don't know if it would actually work or not since I've had quite a history with third-party peripherals. On the other hand, the Stealth does sound like a good deal...

dan da man
Jan 17th, 2003, 08:10 PM
do u think this pad would be good playing metal gear solid?:laugh:

mark0™
Jan 17th, 2003, 08:15 PM
I love 2 ways surround sound on microphones! the best sound experience I had for that were Metal Gear Solid 2 (when your getting breifed by Stillman about the bombs, you can turn your head and you hear either Snake or Stillmans voice in the Ear closest to the speaking character !!! :) ) and Vampire Hunter D : Bloodlust on DVD had some really excellent sound!

Beretta55
Jan 17th, 2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Gadzoox

I hooked up my huge cover-your-whole-ear headphones to my speaker system (because it was late at night and I didn't want to wake people) and WHOLY COW Silent Hill 2 was like... 100000X scarier!! Yeep! Muchos funnos! :happy: So I congradulate you one your new purchase!
noooooo uber is a cool word man!:D

but it does look intresting. but i have really never trusted third party controll's i go with 1st party. but i will probally check it out.

Gadzoox
Jan 17th, 2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Frostman445

noooooo uber is a cool word man!:D

LOL! Sweet! I am teh uber-l33tzorz!

DSgamer
Jan 18th, 2003, 12:39 AM
rotflmfao

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 18th, 2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Gadzoox

Aww...I guess I'm a big loser too because I say 'uber' all the time...:( Hehe...

Well...I might have gotten it if you hadn't said "Pelican Accessories." I don't buy 3rd party perihiperals anymore...I've had some bad run-ins with them in the past.

Gadzoox
Jan 18th, 2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Suzuki_Fanboy

Aww...I guess I'm a big loser too because I say 'uber' all the time...:( Hehe...

Really?! I never knew so many people used that word!! I didn't mean to direct that to everyone who says 'uber'; on the sole reason that I thought I was the only one who used it!! ahahhaaaa. I retract that statement and put this in its' place 'People who use 'uber' are uber-cool!'

DSgamer
Jan 18th, 2003, 07:32 PM
uber aint bad, the other day i accidentaly yelled "SHAZBOT" at skool

Decifer
Jan 20th, 2003, 08:26 PM
dont mind me asking but can you get a pic of this "ultimate controller" i would like to see the design.

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 20th, 2003, 08:39 PM
SHAZBOT?!?!? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! That's one of the funniest things I've heard in a while...good one, gamer :D

It would be worse if you yelled out, "GET SH...," nevermind...;)

Fox
Jan 20th, 2003, 11:26 PM
aren't you a little high one the sugar...

Berserker
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:16 AM
Sounds excellent surround sound is one of the best inventions for gamers since pizzadelivery...Only a bit worried about the durability of the device like you guys said before third party shit... I don't know. I've just hooked my station up with my home stereo it ain't surround but it goes loud as hell!!!!;)

ssjtrunks13
Jan 21st, 2003, 09:49 AM
There's a sound system at home and you're supposed to be able to listent to surround sound but it doesn't feel like this so I would get it just to feel more like I am apart of the game.