PDA

View Full Version : xbox next

dan da man
Jan 14th, 2003, 05:24 PM
every one keeps saying xbox 2, well for your information the new xbox what is coming out is called "xbox next" just like to tell u guys.:)

MakgSnake
Jan 15th, 2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by dan da man
well for your information the new xbox what is coming out is called "xbox next" just like to tell u guys.:)
I dont know if that is the Official Name or not... may be it is. But what I heard from some of the mags, the unofficial name sounded better.

It was "neXt Box"................. sounds a perfect sequal to an Xbox.

Vicious
Jan 16th, 2003, 11:33 AM
I didnt know it had an official name yet.

Decifer
Jan 17th, 2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake
It was "neXt Box"................. sounds a perfect sequal to an Xbox.

.... Thats whut i heard in EGM The NeXt Box sounds cool.:ghost:

ssjtrunks13
Jan 17th, 2003, 04:37 PM
the Next Box sounds much better. WHen is it coming out? and Will be like the PS and PS2?

dan da man
Jan 17th, 2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

the Next Box sounds much better. WHen is it coming out? and Will be like the PS and PS2?

it will be out around 2005/2006, but gates will also be working on the xbox handheld system too.
but guys im sure its going to be xbox next, but neXt xbox i sound alot better.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 17th, 2003, 06:07 PM
Oh, so it's not as soon as I thougth but still pretty soon and a handheld system? I'd like to see that.

dan da man
Jan 17th, 2003, 07:51 PM
yes and also in 2005 the ps3 will be out to hopefully!

Beretta55
Jan 17th, 2003, 09:13 PM
just give us 10 good year's with our system's!!!:laugh: but seriously they should wait more longer then 4 or 3 if you ask me. they system will be more expensive and that mean's another whole to burn in your pocket. then when the new system's are out they will stoping making game's for xbox,gc and ps2 and force you to buy their new system for new game's. but that's my bloody opinion but i wonder what the system's will look like.

dan da man
Jan 18th, 2003, 07:35 AM
yes i think they should wait more time. but they are waiting like the same time as ps1 to ps2.
has any one heard any news on a new nintendo?

MakgSnake
Jan 18th, 2003, 03:07 PM
I want all the NEXT GEN systems to be released in the year 2006. NOT in 2005. Like that'll we'll be able to consume true power of the current systems.

And releasing the system togather would be better, as then we'll really see which system did the LAUNCH better then the other.

But I read at alot of places that Ps3 is most likely to be released in 2006, where as "Xbox2" or "NextBox" will be coming in 2005.

dan da man
Jan 18th, 2003, 03:40 PM
i hope that ps3 is realeased in 2006 then it will have more power than the neXt box if that is released in 2005.

ZeroBeat77
Jan 18th, 2003, 09:06 PM
for xbox 2, i was thinking a name for it, (xbox squared) like xbox to the second power.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 19th, 2003, 04:02 PM

i hope that ps3 is realeased in 2006 then it will have more power than the neXt box if that is released in 2005.

Yeah! That way it'll leave less room for Gates to brag about how much better their console is.:laugh:

trunks69420
Jan 19th, 2003, 10:03 PM
I heard that Microsoft is going to make sure that they release their Next console before Sonys'. But The earliest doesn't always win. Sure Sony was before MSFT, but Dreamcast was before them all:ghost:

dan da man
Jan 20th, 2003, 08:24 AM
yes dreamcast was the first 128 bit console but it was the earlist and didnt survive.

Beretta55
Jan 20th, 2003, 08:39 AM

yes dreamcast was the first 128 bit console but it was the earlist and didnt survive.
Yeah i miss dreamcast:weep: but it got kicked out because ps2 was relased not too long after:P *mourn's dreamcast's death*

ssjtrunks13
Jan 20th, 2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Frostman445

Yeah i miss dreamcast:weep: but it got kicked out because ps2 was relased not too long after:P *mourn's dreamcast's death*

*Mourns with Frostman*
I got it after they were selling it for $99.99 because I really wanted to play Grandia II and had no idea they were going to make it for PS2 along with Sonic Acventure 2 on the GC, but I'm not complaining.

dan da man
Jan 20th, 2003, 12:19 PM
i never liked the dreamcast, i always stuck with my playstation 1, but i think the best sega system is the megadrive.

DSgamer
Jan 20th, 2003, 12:39 PM
megadrive>j00

Vicious_2003
Jan 20th, 2003, 07:56 PM
I bought the Dreamcast at its release and even though it went under I must say it was worth every penny . Just playing Skies of Arcadia (One of the best RPG's ever made in my opinion) made it worth the trouble. I sold it off when I heard it was on its way off the market and put the money towards a new computer, anyways I have no regrets

Nelo Angelo
Jan 20th, 2003, 08:32 PM
DC > Yuo

It's one of my favorite systems. It had many good games(Grandia II, PSO, UT, QIII). Too bad it was overshadowed by the PS2.

Oh yes.......What were we talking about again? :o

MakgSnake
Jan 21st, 2003, 12:25 AM
When DC frist came out, I really wanted to try it out, but I played some of its boring titles like "Blue Stinger" and all.....

Shenmue was the game that really made me want the system, but I didn't have no enough money that time, so I didn't buy it. But now if I find one in the market, I'll just buy it as a Decoration piece and to play Shenmue 1 and Soul Calibur on it! :)

Now I have been hearing alot of things about GameCube getting off the market as well. Damn..........its bad. I really think GC is much much better system then XBOX, but GameCube didn't do well at all at Marketing. Still I will wait for RE4, Zelda, Killer 7, and the next "Golden Eye" type title on it.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 21st, 2003, 10:18 AM
I had my doubts about Shenmue but I'll be sure to check it out(If I find it).

ABout Next Box, I have nothin left to talk about it.

dan da man
Jan 21st, 2003, 11:18 AM

I really think GC is much much better system then XBOX

no i dont think the gamecube is better than the xbox, NO WAY IS IT!! but that is my opion.

MakgSnake
Jan 21st, 2003, 11:59 AM

no i dont think the gamecube is better than the xbox, NO WAY IS IT!! but that is my opion.
No I am not saying Xbox is bad, but I have a couple of games on it, and they are not that "Great". It all comes down to games. The games I have on GC are amazing, I play them all the time.
Xbox may be a better machine, as it can play DVDs and supports HDTV, and has Widescreen option and plays CR R/RW and everything. But when it comes to games, they aren't "that" great at all. I like both the systems, but GameCube much better (again in my opinion.)

dan da man
Jan 21st, 2003, 01:46 PM

No I am not saying Xbox is bad, but I have a couple of games on it, and they are not that "Great". It all comes down to games. The games I have on GC are amazing, I play them all the time.
Xbox may be a better machine, as it can play DVDs and supports HDTV, and has Widescreen option and plays CR R/RW and everything. But when it comes to games, they aren't "that" great at all. I like both the systems, but GameCube much better (again in my opinion.)

yes i do agree, the gamecube has got alot of games what i like, but like you, i only have some games for my xbox which are not great too.

MakgSnake
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:28 PM
Yeah, I am still waiting for some "Ground Braking" games to come out on Xbox. "Brute Force" could be one, and "Fable" could be another. We'll see if they are what games will be made after.....

Vicious_2003
Jan 21st, 2003, 09:32 PM
The X box has s very good selection of good to very good games to choose from. The Gamecube is the system thats starving for games. I mean what does it really have thats even worth mentioning . For example

1. The RE Game

2. Metroid Prime

3. Ummm im trying to think. Well depending on what you like you may be into the star wars rouge leader game they got out

4. If your into party games (Big If) Thiers Smash Bros Melee

5. If you like cell shadded G rated crap then you might be into the new Zelda game

Mean while X Box has

1. HALO (Wich is good enough to be worth three games)

2. Phantom Crash

3. Marrow Wind 3 : Elder Scrolls

4. Jedi Outcast

5. Shenmue 2 (Better if you played the first on dreamcast otherwise not really)

5. Halo 2 coming out in a good while

6. Brute Force (Due out pretty soon ) (Supposed to be good enough to compete with Halo)

7. Sega Gt 2002

8. Splinter Cell (Awesome game)

9. Jet Set Radio Future (Not my style but it got rated great)

Theyre may be more to both lists depending on your style of games. Ofcourse then on top of all that you have the fact that the gamecube is an inferior system in just about every way. No online capabilities for now. They made thier discs small so no DVD. It can create more multiple textures than any other system but...umm who cares. Also thier controllers are terrible. Made for people with very small girly hands and theyre just flat out awckward (Ofcourse any controller is acceptable once you get used to it and this is all my opponion) . I hope nintendo does what sega did and just swicth to developing games for GOOD systems

MakgSnake
Jan 22nd, 2003, 12:38 AM
1.) Resident Evil (Have it, and its one of the reasons you can pick this system for)
2.) Resident Evil Zero (Have it, and man its amazing, wow!!! Excellent)
3.) StarFox Adventures (Have it, and I am so glad that I bought this game, excellent graphics, but even a better gameplay)
4.) Metroid Prime (Have it, and well.........if it was rated as FPS, I would say it crushes Halo)
5.) Mario Party 4 (Have it, and this game is the best PARTY game Ive ever played)
6.) Super Mario Smash Melee
7.) Star Wars Rouge Leader II
8.) Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker
9.) Eternal Darkness!!! (Have it, and seriously, I never really thought I'd love this game as much as I do now)
10.) Super Mario Sunshine
11.) Pikmin (Mind bending game)
12.) Animal Crossing (Revolutionary game)
13.) Phantasy Star Online 1 and 2
14.) Wave Race

Weapon, you really missed out alot of titles. And RE4 is coming on GameCube only.
As for your list.....

1. HALO (I have it, A good game, I mean a great FPS, still very repetitive)

2. Phantom Crash (Never really heard of it, sorry)

3. Marrow Wind 3 : Elder Scrolls (Its a great RPG on PC)

4. Jedi Outcast (Never played it but if your a Starwards fan, its seem like an alright title.

5. Shenmue 2 (I have it, and its a superb game, still not the best, I mean it could have been MUCH MUCH better, seeing it coming on the "MOST" powerful system)

5. Halo 2 coming out in a good while.

6. Brute Force (That is one game I am really looking forward to)

7. Sega Gt 2002 (Have it, its a great racer, but I wouldn't buy this game, it came with the system, so I am happy)

8. Splinter Cell (Have it, a very good Syphon Filter type of a game, and the graphics are pretty good (not mind bending), and man the character animation and movement is horrible!!!)

9. Jet Set Radio Future (Again, I have it, and its beautiful, but would not buy this game.)

I am not going against you or anything, I agree with you at most of the things, its just that I dont see that great titles on Xbox. The games are being more focused on "XBOX LIVE", and thats ruining the main game, and the other games in my opinion. I want to know that GREAT titles are ahead. I love my Xbox, but GC and PS2 are on top of my list.

And just letting you know, GameCube controllers may look horrible, but they are the best when it comes to holding it. Xbox controllers may look fancy but is the most horrible controller, when it comes to holding it. No wonder MicroSoft has stopped making the normal Controllers now, they only produce the Controller S, which in my opinion are a little better. Still GC controllers are the best, just take them in your hand and you'll know by yourself.

dan da man
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:25 AM
i think gamecube has got a very good selection of games,

its got-

resident evil series
metroid prime
zelda
mario
splinter cell
Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II
Star Fox Adventures

and many more, but xbox just have good titles out too.

Vicious_2003
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:34 PM
WAVE RACE !? . Give me a break that game sucked . As well as half of the other Game Cube games you listed. (Well thats my opinion any ways). I played Eternal Darkness and to be very honest I thought it was one of the most boring games I ever played for the Cube. Star Fox got less than descent ratings from most places I looked. I played a demo of the new Zelda game at babbages with my friend who works their and I absolutely hated it. Its made for 6 year olds, like many of their titles. And the rouge leader games are rehashes of every other star wars flying games ever made. Its all shit ive done before and the controlls blow. Pikmin is a descent title but again, made for 6 year olds . I did forget Mario Sunshine, that game is down right magnificent (Excuse the spelling) . I never liked the Phantasy Star onlines so I cant/wont list them. We both forgot Panxer Dragoon Orta wich is supposed to be AWESOME !!. And you like many Playstation fans are selling the X Box short. Saying Halo is a "Good Game" should be illegal because it is the BEST fps ever !!. Im not going to be an X Box fan boy and say its the best game ever because I dont think it is. But really to talk up games like Pikmin (Blah) Eternal Darkness (Blah) and Animal crossing more than Halo, I smell a hint of fan boyism. (Although from your posts your clearly not) . And you say the Gamecube controllers are the best to hold. I HAVE held one before. I played and beat a few Cube games with one and it IS the WORST controller to hold in my belief. And its sooooo small. Maybe if i were born with little girl hands id like it but i wasn't and I dont. In my eyes the Gabecube is a dissapointment and its going to be the straw that breaks the aging camels back with nintendo. Nintendo needs to evolve with the changing times. Getting RE is a goos step but I fear it wont be enough to save a floundering inferior system.

Again these are my opinions and I dont expect to change anyones mind. Its just fun to get your voice heard. Also as far as Sony vs X Box goes (Considering I clearly dont even think the Cube is in the race anymore) Id say that right now Sony is the all around better system to own because of all its great titles. But X Box isnt all that far behind, I think everything is goign according to plan for MS. Theyre advertising like crazy (Did you see all the huge X Box signs in the stadiums at the last two devisional championship NFL games !? One was right underneath the score board for crying out loud !) . Give the X Box time and it very well may move into first place seeing as how the system itself is superior in its capabilities and its online stratagy is better (assuming they dont charge monthly wich they may or may not for Live) . On top of that MS has the money and is clearly willing to spend it for developers . I predict that theyre are almost no console specific games left for GC or Playstation 2 by the end of this year. I guess only time will tell

dan da man
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:43 PM
yes i do agree that zelda for the gamecube is made for kids even though its one of those games when older ppl play the game too.

MakgSnake
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:25 PM
I cant believe you people go by the looks of the game, and not by its gameplay, and you call yourself gamers or whatever. Man I feel sorry for you people, judging a game by its looks. And by the way, Controller S (The one which will stay in the market now, as the normal has been removed cause of how horrible it was) is the same size as the CUBE controller.

I cant believe I was having a discussion here.

Vicious_2003
Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:17 AM
Ok...im not going to get angry here but its close. If you read..ive PLAYED a demo of the new Zelda game for about ten minutes and I disliked everything about the game !. Not just the graphics chief so read up before you include me in any statement that has the words "You Poeple" in it. And to me even the S type is a bit too small. But no its not the same size as a cube controller. Trust me hold one and then the other and youll feel the difference. The Cube is slightly less wide becasue of the way the handles set inwards more. Not much of a difference but its there. I think MS should have just made the regular one smaller..but not as small as the S type. Just small enough so that all "You people" (See I can do that too) with the small hands can stop bitching

P.S. Dan didnt judge the game negativly ..he just said it was made for kids and it clearly is. You take almost any game and make it look like a cartoon then your gearing it towards younger people. But ofcourse older kids can enjoy it too...so thats not neccesarily a negative "Judgement" as you call it . Its only negative if you dont like cell shading...and I for one HATE it !. What if they were to say.....make the next RE game cell shaded..that wouldnt give you a negative impression of the game ?. I say go with what works...Zelda was fine the way it was and with the Gamecubes graphical abilities it could have been better than ever , so why make it look like a kids game with this cartoon Bull **** !? . Odds are the games going to be fun,(No parts I played were very fun) as with most nintendo games but thiers a whole lot more that goes into someones opinion of how good a game is . It comes down to opinion so maybe you shouldnt bash other people for having thiers . Just give yours and dont be offensive about it. If you cant do that then I feel sorry for YOU (People can disagree without being offensive. Not trying to make a big deal out of small beans but I am a bit P.O'd)

mark0™
Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:45 AM
I think the GC is better than Xbox too, It's hard to explain but Xbox seems too high maitenance and the GC is a more fun approach to gaming. Halo, its good, but definately not the best..

I like the GC controller but some buttons (the one above the right trigger) are hard to reach, and I think the analogue sticks aren't too good. BTW I'm not "bitchin" because I have small hand, my hands are actually huge, but the ladies don't mind ;)

As for graphics, they are a positive point, but would you buy that mad game with the firework (fantavision was it?) when basically all you do is look at pretty pictures and set of rockets (there may be more involved but that the image i got from it). Would you not play one of the early final fantasy's (FF1-6) just because they are not 3d? Would you not play the original Metal Gear because MGS looks better? Graphics are a good point though, I'd feel opposed to buy a game that came out today that had 1985 graphics, but you should still focus on its gameplay.

Oh BTW I actually think Pikmin is a great game, I was addicted to that game for weeks (still am) It's way less repetitive than Halo, and it's just pure fun.

Vicious_2003
Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:21 AM
Another person underselling the X Box. I wont deny that the GC has some good things going for it . But come on guys , play some X Box games...they have ALLOT of good games if you just PLAY them !. Just as many as the GC does (And yes of course that comes down to opinion...etc) . And what really are you basing your opinion for wich i have respect on ?. The X Box is too High Maintenance ?. In what way ? The PS2 is more high maintenance with all the crap you have to screw into it (Hard Drive/Internet Adapter/etc). Yeah the GC is about as basic as you can get but I dont really see that as much of a plus. And your right its a more "Wholesomely Fun" system..but ummm that looses its effect when your over the age of 10. Sure the games are still fun at any age (I LOVED Mario Sunshine) But a man can only take so much cuteness before his eyes bleed. No graphics arent everything but its not like all of X boxes games are just good looking . They wouldnt get good ratings on sites if they were all smoke and mirrors. Im not downing your thoughts just retorting with my own(Thats what these forums are all about). And well you can say it isnt the best FPS (Halo) but well it is (OP). Although a few levels were repetitive that is true and thiers no bots in multiplayer, but those are minor flaws that someone who isnt a PS2 or GameCube fan boy (Not talking about you mate..jus saying in general) can overlook and not concentrate on more than the rest of the game wich is out and out superb . Its funny how some people just like to hate on the X Box for baseless reasons. I mean please play the games on it before you bash it please. (Again not you just some people in general)

Vicious_2003
Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:38 AM
Ok I know I talk too much and everyones probably getting annoyed by now but I must say this in all fairness. When talking about wich system is better you have two kinds of arguments, those that are Opinion....and those that are General Fact. I like to hear peoples opinions on this stuff just as much as I like giving my own...but opinions dont open peoples eyes usually its the general facts. SO here they are

1. Graphically the X Box is well ahead of the Playstation 2

2. The playstation 2 has more games

3. The X Box has 4 controller ports and doesent need a 30 dollar multi tap

4. The X Box comes with a hard drive , the PS2's will cost 200 dollars..maybe more

5. X Box Live has more features than any of Play Station 2's online games

6. With X Box Live you wont have to pay any additional fees to developers for playing thier games online. With PS2 developers are free to charge what they like. Although X Box is concidering charging a monthly fee after the first year nothing has been announced for certain

7. The X Box controller (Both Normal and S Type) is biult sturdier and can take more abuse ( I Read a consumer report on it and it is a fact, although not a very big deal. If I can find the website agai Ill link you guyz)

8. The X Box allows you to upload your favorite songs onto the console due to its hard drive and allows you to play them in certain games

9. The Playstation 2 comes ready to play DVD's. With the X Box you have to spend 40 bucks for a DVD remote

Well thats all the facts I can think of and clearly the X Box has the advantage in most of them. And its only a matter of time before they get more games so how in the world can you keep saying the PS2 is better in so many ways when the only REAL advantage is that they have more games . Of course thats only becasue theyve been out for alot longer . Im sorry I keep posting about X Box vs PS2. Im a bit obsessed :laugh: and I cant belive that thier are so many blind to the obvious PS2 fan boys out thier who cant take thier heads out of thier asses long enough to see the good things the X Box has to offer . I see the good things PS2 has to offer as well as the Box, why cant we all ?

dan da man
Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:44 AM
overall i think xbox is better as a machine and ps2 more games.

Vicious_2003
Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:19 PM
Exactly

mark0™
Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:21 PM
FYI, I own a Xbox, PS2 and GC, I have many Xbox games and enjoy them, some Xbox games I like are Halo, Splinter Cell, Spiderman, Morrowind and some NHL game. I never said I didn't like the Xbox, in fact I defended Xbox's advertising a little on another thread, but I prefer the Game cube over the Xbox. I dont give a damn if it looks better, I prefer the Gamecube.

mark0™
Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_XZ84
and I cant belive that thier are so many blind to the obvious PS2 fan boys out thier who cant take thier heads out of thier asses long enough to see the good things the X Box has to offer

You do know that this very site is a PS2 fan site don't you?

Vicious_2003
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:01 PM
Yes but it isnt a PS2 fan boy site is it . I mean most of us here arent completely biast against other consoles just because we like Playstation right. Thats the reason I dont go to many X Box sites (All they ever have to say is PS2 sucks and how all thier games would look better on X Box, the ignorence makes me sick) Not as many ignorant people here at PS2 fantasy. So your stuck with me till the administration boots me :laugh:

Beretta55
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:05 PM
I have all 3 system's and love them all the same. Each system has diffrent game's i want to play so i want that system *im lucky i have these in my room right now* so........yeah:laugh:

~Frosty
(pointless gabbing from a madman*
:P

Vicious_2003
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:09 PM
You are a lucky one. Wish I had all three , damn poverty

Beretta55
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_XZ84

You are a lucky one. Wish I had all three , damn poverty
Just do what i did beg or thearten you will hold the dog ransom!! jk jk:laugh: but dont worry one day you will have all 3 and will be in gaming heaven:D

ssjtrunks13
Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:05 PM
If my parent ever bought a GC or XBox it would be theirs and not mine. I guess a lot of you people don't have brothers and sisters, well I do(I like sisters but it's hard for me to play multiplayer games with them because we fight a lot when someone wins more than others while playing video games). It would be nice if all I had were my two sisters, but I don't so I'm stuck with all four of my brothers and sisters(I'm in the middle)

What I'm saying is I would beg either of my parents to get me a GC or X Box but there's no way they would.

dan da man
Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:45 PM
wow your parents like video games cool, once i tried tired to get my mum into tomb raider but she gave up lol, but my dad used to play soccer games with me, like you i have no sisters i have a brother, we used to play goldeneye all the time, now hes into grand theft auto, hes older than me, im trying to get him into metal gear solid telling him that the game is too good to be true but he just ignores me which pisses me off. off the topic here a bit but i was just telling what my family is like playing video games.:roll:

Vicious_2003
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:55 PM
lol, I gave my mom my old Genesis and she plays Ceasars palace on it quite a bit. Never could get her into anything else System wise or game wise

ssjtrunks13
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:43 PM
First of all, I did say I had two sisters but one doesn't live with either of my parents(she's in her 20s) and the other isn't that adept at playing games and it would be unfair to play a multiplayer game with her. Also my mom is really likes to play games, I've got her to play Final Fantasy IX for the past 2 months and hopefully I'll get her to play pther RPGs(she's really into it and at first she only played the Mario Bros. games and a couple of other games for SNES) I've only seen my dad play NASCAR racing games.

Silent Assassin
Jan 28th, 2003, 07:36 PM
i would wait to make sure thats the name before posting it...i mean really...y would it b named "xbox next"...i dont get that unless some of u people who have one know something i dont.. i kno that the next PS is comming in *2005*...but its called PS3...highly logical...any ways maybe that is the name..but i dont like it!!...
Peace