PDA

View Full Version : Do you think MGS3 on XBOX first is wise?

ToxicUK
Jan 14th, 2003, 04:15 PM
Please feel free to pst any additional comments. I am open to discussion about this topic as i feel it would be a bad desicion becasue peopel with a box will probably buy that and not many people have a box compared to PS2 so it should i think come out on PS2.:roll:

MakgSnake
Jan 14th, 2003, 04:33 PM
Ps2 all the way. I never want MGS3 to be on XBOX, but I know it would come out on it, like Substance. But FIRST on PS2.
There are more MGS fans that own Ps2 then they OWN an Xbox, so it would be a STUPID choice for Konami (FOR some $$$) to release it first on Xbox.

They would make a whole lots of money if they release on PS2. I am 100% sure.

dan da man
Jan 14th, 2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Ps2 all the way. I never want MGS3 to be on XBOX, but I know it would come out on it, like Substance. But FIRST on PS2.
There are more MGS fans that own Ps2 then they OWN an Xbox, so it would be a STUPID choice for Konami (FOR some $$$) to release it first on Xbox.

They would make a whole lots of money if they release on PS2. I am 100% sure.

makg is right, why cant they see this konami, and i thought not may ppl in japan didnt even like the xbox, and japan get metal gear first right? so they would sell less copies...duh! lol.
but wouldnt xbox have better graphics so thats y konami have gone with xbox:peoples:

ps2 all the way!

ToxicUK
Jan 15th, 2003, 01:52 PM
Yes that is a thought dan, Konami may have gone 4 the xbox because of the graphics and they may want to put it on xbox live but maybe they will bring it out foir ps2 lkater so pplhave a chance to buy network adapters so you can play multiplayers ???:phew:

dan da man
Jan 15th, 2003, 03:07 PM
wait toxic! we dont even know what mgs online will be on first, and it aint gonna be on the same disc as mgs3! we will w8 and see at the E3 for that.
but kojima could have disc 1 for mgs3 story and disc 2 for online mgs.

ToxicUK
Jan 15th, 2003, 03:27 PM
Fine. I only made a post - dont bite my head off please!!!:roll:

dan da man
Jan 15th, 2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by ToxicUK

Fine. I only made a post - dont bite my head off please!!!:roll:

wtf? i just answered u! i thought u would be happy the news i gave u!!

ssjtrunks13
Jan 15th, 2003, 03:50 PM
Great news to me!

ToxicUK
Jan 15th, 2003, 03:55 PM
Im sorry i took it the wrong way. Well yes that is good news:laugh:

Gaseous_Baboon
Jan 25th, 2003, 03:07 PM
This is a PS2 forum, whaddya think we're gonna say? I too questioned Substance coming out on Xbox first. Japan seems to barely acknowledge its existence, and Konami decided to release it on Xbox before the insanely popular PS2? Come now... surely he wouldn't do the same to MGS3

ssjtrunks13
Jan 25th, 2003, 06:51 PM
I think he would probably sell more PS2 versions if they release it for PS2 first instead of XBox.

dan da man
Jan 25th, 2003, 07:30 PM
mgs3 IS NOT coming out on xbox first, they did it with substance and had VERY BAD sales, i think konami will have learnt from that and relised they will get better sales on the ps2 like mgs2.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 25th, 2003, 08:19 PM
If not I question their methods.

Matrix
Jan 27th, 2003, 03:02 AM
I think it is okay and bad at the same time

its okay because when they are released after the xbox one it gives sony to soupe them up more and fix some stuff

but its bad because we have to wait longer

Vicious
Jan 28th, 2003, 04:45 PM
The Playstation 2 rules, the X Box is foolish.

Sleazy P Martini
Jan 28th, 2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Knight

If anythings foolish its that statement. Both PS2 and Xbox are great systems.

MakgSnake
Jan 28th, 2003, 10:48 PM
But Sleazy, one can be better then the other, and Ps2 is a much better system when it comes to "Games"....... seriously!

Sleazy P Martini
Jan 28th, 2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

But Sleazy, one can be better then the other, and Ps2 is a much better system when it comes to "Games"....... seriously!
True that. But I think xbox will see it's share of killer titles in time.

MakgSnake
Jan 28th, 2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini

True that. But I think xbox will see it's share of killer titles in time.
You have nooo idea how badly I am waiting for those, Orta seems amazing but not my type. Brute Force is something to look forward to. I want a game that I can love like I love Metal Gear or Resident Evil, its not happening anymore.

Sleazy P Martini
Jan 28th, 2003, 11:25 PM
I hear ya. I'm mad that Battlefield 1942 got axed. I'm hoping KOTOR doesn't disappoint me. I'm so excited for that game

MakgSnake
Jan 28th, 2003, 11:30 PM
Battle Field is no longer coming to XBOX???? And I havn't heard of Kotor though. I know Fable is one game to look forward to.

dan da man
Jan 29th, 2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Vicious

thats is just a ps2 fanboyism statement,

if you wanted mgs3 to be its best you would want it on xbox, xbox would just tare ps2 apart, maybe because you dont own both consoles to compare them and they are both great.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 29th, 2003, 07:25 PM
I'm sure they are but PS2 has games which seem to have more quality. 'Cuz you know quality counts more than quantity if not as much.

Esjay
Apr 7th, 2003, 01:05 PM
They're both good systems, but I don't think MGS2 Substance should have been on the Xbox, for two reasons. One, it doesn't run very well on that system, and there's a LOT of slowdown, and two, the controller and MGS2's controller setup don't exactly "Get along" and it makes playing the game quite difficult. But if PS2 owners have to wait to get the game, big deal, it's not like they'll never play the game or anything, and does it really matter who gets the game first? All that matters is that you GET the game, right?