PDA

View Full Version : Help, i guess it would be...

Big Dude
Jan 13th, 2003, 09:28 PM
(If this is not allowed then i guess just close this thread)

I need someone to host or to tell me of a free hosting site to host a 30MB vid for me, please. Thanx.

Pu the Owl
Jan 14th, 2003, 08:40 AM
I doubt you'll find a good free hosting for a 30 Mb file (they usually don't offer more than 25 megs for free), without encountering any inconveniences. I don't know how much space these free hosting services can provide and how much allowed bandwidth each day. :heh:

You can try these services, but I haven't tried them myself, so I can't say how much reliable they are:

www.da.ru
www.0catch.com
www.virtue.nu
www.50megs.com
www.topcities.com

mark0™
Jan 14th, 2003, 10:30 AM
Uh 50megs.. I tried to set up an account just there because 50 megs is a desirable amount, But it is free, although you need to buy a domain name, and I can't see a way of not paying for a domain name :disturb: Domains prices are $6.99 for a .50meg.com domain of $50 for a .com domain.

Just to let you guys know it's not 100% free.

Pu the Owl
Jan 14th, 2003, 11:58 AM
Well, these are things you discover when you try to register. Since I haven't tried, I couldn't tell. I've only suggested some links, because some of them could work.

kupoartist
Jan 14th, 2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by mark0
Uh 50megs.. I tried to set up an account just there because 50 megs is a desirable amount, But it is free, although you need to buy a domain name, and I can't see a way of not paying for a domain name :disturb: Domains prices are $6.99 for a .50meg.com domain of $50 for a .com domain.
I wonder if it works with ".tk" domains? as they're free for some strange reason :P

http://my.dot.tk - for details

mark0™
Jan 15th, 2003, 12:32 AM
you cant use your own domain name I dont think, I think you have to create the domain when you register so you would have to pay for a .com or a 50meg.com domain, bummer.