PDA

View Full Version : Which Consoles Do You Own?

Zone
Jan 12th, 2003, 08:24 PM
Just wanted to see who owns what.

I have a PS2 (my primary console) and a GameCube (mainly for the Resident Evil series). I'm thinking about getting an Xbox soon.

Beretta55
Jan 12th, 2003, 08:40 PM
i have all 3:cool:

Nelo Angelo
Jan 12th, 2003, 09:04 PM
All three. :D

MakgSnake
Jan 12th, 2003, 09:15 PM
I bought Ps2 exactly One year ago. And bought an Xbox two weeks ago and a GameCube a month ago.

Ps2: For all the amazing titles which are already out and coming soon too. (Tomb Raider/Devil May Cry 2/Substance/ZOE2/Silent Hill 3)

GameCube: For the Resident Evil series (RE1/RE2/RE4/) and Nintendo Exclusive Titles only.

Xbox: For Xbox exclusive titles only. And I bought just in case if MGS3 comes out first on this system.

If any game is on all platforms.......I buy it on Ps2 (I think the best gameplay comes on Ps2. Graphics isn't the main thing for me).

And soon I am thinking of getting a DreamCast (If I could find one in the Market) for (Shenmue/Soul Calibur/Tennis 2K2).

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 12th, 2003, 09:36 PM
I also have all three, looking for the great exclusives coming out for all 3 later this year.

Zone
Jan 12th, 2003, 09:44 PM
I was going to get an Xbox sooner, but then Splinter Cell was confirmed for the PS2 and GC. That was my main reason for wanting an Xbox.

Daedaelus
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:01 PM
I have NGC and PS2. I used to have all three, but had to sell X-BOX due to monetary issues (College is very expensive).

DragonSphere
Jan 12th, 2003, 11:27 PM
I only have a PS2, and have no regrets. And besides, I can't really afford to buy either the Gamecube or X-Box.

Sleazy P Martini
Jan 13th, 2003, 08:04 AM
PS2 and Xbox. I haven't had much luck with my box though. My first one had weird green lines running up and down the screen, my second one got really hot and froze up all the time (and it wasn't on the carpet or anything like that. It had proper ventallation). Hopefully my third one will work properly......*crosses figers*

Spank-A-Thon
Jan 13th, 2003, 08:30 AM
I got a PS2 and a GC.

Got my PS2 on day of release, but only got my Cube once Res Evil remake came out.

- S

dan da man
Jan 13th, 2003, 10:51 AM
ps2 and xbox

ps2 for gta, tomb raider and metal gear solid

xbox for halo 1 and 2 and xbox live

might get a gamecube for RE but it will probally scare the sh*t out of me.

MakgSnake
Jan 13th, 2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

might get a gamecube for RE but it will probally scare the sh*t out of me.
Trust me man, the RE games on GameCube are amazingly SCARY. I love it............. its heart pounding!

dan da man
Jan 13th, 2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Trust me man, the RE games on GameCube are amazingly SCARY. I love it............. its heart pounding!

i might get it for just being a scary game so if my mates come round we can all have a laugh on it.
i probaly would play the game on my own, but i would puase it every 5 mins to get some oxygen lol.
i would probally love it like u for being heart pounding, so this means the game designers have done a great job.

Vic Viper
Jan 13th, 2003, 02:59 PM
single console owner here :)

Piggle_humsy
Jan 13th, 2003, 03:27 PM
Well i only own a playstation 2! No scratch that i dont actually own a playstation 2 my boss' fiancee does and before that i used my brothers! lol! I've never been able to actually afford one! I'm sure if i was left without one i would scrimp and save to buy one!

I would love to buy a xbox and gamecube! probably gamecube first! I'm on a very low wage (Being a live- in nanny!!) so i would have to save for a long time!

I would like to know how you people afford it??
Obviously kids have their parents to buy it, but how do you explain you need more than one game console??
Coz if i'd had told my dad that he'd have laughed in my face! :laugh:

Piggle :roll:
x x x

kupoartist
Jan 13th, 2003, 04:07 PM
the PS2 was the only one I ever considered getting... largely because of the FF games. To be honest, i'm not to bothered about consoles, as it seems to be increasingly the case that console games end up on the PC nowadays, leaving each platform with a handful of famous series' that sell them. X-Box looses in the respect because the majority of hyped X-Box games (Halo, and Halo and uhmm... Halo ^_^ ) are still allegedly going to be released on the PC. I'm a FF fan, so it was an easy choice, but I would seriously consider getting a Gamecube if I became a little more wealthy: it truely is a system with not only a far more uinque set of games, but also a far more unique style.... though there's always the GBA for that....

Vicious
Jan 14th, 2003, 10:47 AM
My first system was the Game Cube (go it Christmas of 2001), and then i got a PS2 for my birthday in June the following year. Probably should have gotten a Dream Cast when it first came out and then gotten a PS2 and then a Game Cube.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 14th, 2003, 11:27 AM
My dad has a PS2 and I would like to get GameCube.

Originally posted by MakgSnakeAnd soon I am thinking of getting a DreamCast

I bought a Dreamcast when they were selling it real chep hope you find one!

ToxicUK
Jan 14th, 2003, 03:35 PM
I am the proud owner of a pristine condition PS2 and asecond hand excellent ocndition GC which i got for £25!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool: and i am not lying ill scan the ad in if u dont believe me. Il ike the RE games on GC and i love MGS series, GT series, GTA series etc on my PS2. I odnt play the cube much cos i get bored with it but i lovem y PS2 iots my companion and i take great care of it.:ghost: I clean it for dust every 3 days on the internal and external parts including the fan and if u want it ill sell it to u for £9999. I love it troo much. I buy a new game every 1 1/2 weeks and i just got BMX XXX. Ummm... yes it is a bit sick:P

MakgSnake
Jan 15th, 2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

I bought a Dreamcast when they were selling it real chep hope you find one!
Yeah I really do hope I find it. Its only $70 (Canadian) over here. And that was the price last year. If I find one now, may be would be even cheaper. :)

dan da man
Jan 16th, 2003, 11:04 AM
they sell dreamcats very ceap over here in Egland, but the games for it dont attract it to me, but the only ones i like for the dreamcast are house of the dead 2 and the sonic games.but i doubt i wolud buy a dreamcast for just them games, only if saw one realy cheap i would get the system, but at the moment im saving hard for a gamecube.:)