PDA

View Full Version : (xbox)project gotham racing..

Infernal Mass
Jan 6th, 2003, 06:50 PM
for me this is like..welcome to last year..

just picked this game up for 20$..i like it alot so far. It's not as detailed as Gran Turismo, but it's alot of fun. It's more of an arcade type game rather than a driving simulator..a little crazy on the slides though.

Just wondering who has it & how to unlock the -no helmet-, helmet mode..

:confused:

MakgSnake
Jan 6th, 2003, 11:43 PM
I am seriously thinking of buying this game and the features that really turned my neck were..

1.) The only racing game I have seen where not only 2 but 4 players can go against each other (I guess I am right)

2.) Has some nice tracks while racing, but other then that you can put your own tracks (I am guessing through the SoundTrack you have created on your XBOX). I have some Eminem tracks which I would love to play while driving.

3.) The Price of the game.......right now it went up to $49.99 (Canadian), but before Xmas it was only $29.99, but I didn't have an Xbox then.

Infernal Mass
Jan 7th, 2003, 05:37 AM
yeah it's 29.99 here, i used one of my gift cards i got from xmas. I've been wanting to buy it for awhile, ever since i noticed the porsche and ferrari brands were in it. It's got alot of challange, there's the arcade mode which i'm having trouble with. It's sort like that cone crazy mini game from Vice City only longer, alot more fun too.

music options:

I can store about 100 custom tracks onto a playlist, also there's a few options. One allows me to just listen to the tracks as if they were on a Cd in the car stereo, the other let's me listen to my custom tracks as if they were being broadcasted from the radio station of whatever city i'm in. Other than the dj's coming in at random saying a few words before the track plays, i'll get radio interferance when going thru a tunnel.. it's a nice little effect.

dan da man
Jan 7th, 2003, 11:02 AM
i was going to get this game, but i got sega gt 2002 free when i bought my xbox that is good enuf for me.

MakgSnake
Jan 7th, 2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by DigiMortal
the other let's me listen to my custom tracks as if they were being broadcasted from the radio station of whatever city i'm in. Other than the dj's coming in at random saying a few words before the track plays, i'll get radio interferance when going thru a tunnel.. it's a nice little effect.
That is soo sweeet.... wow, I didn't know that. Pretty awesome, and what I liked was that car damages are there, I mean I think M$ gave alot of money to the car companies I suppose to allow the damage to occur. I am really getting this game now. I have Sega GT 2002, but still this game sounds sweet.