PDA

View Full Version : State of Emergency and Tekken Movie!!

merylsilverburg
Feb 21st, 2002, 11:19 PM
I don't know if any of you suscribe to Gamer.com, but they sent me a weekly newsletter, and they had news that there is going to be a State of Emergency and a Tekken movie!! Here is the whole article, 'cause I'm too lazy to sum it up. :)

***********: News:

State of Emergency, Tekken Headed to Big Screen

By: Bob Blandeburgo February 21, 2002 8:07 AM PST

New Line Cinema and the lesser-known Crystal Sky have obtained the rights to make feature films based on VIS
Entertainment's State of Emergency and Namco's Tekken,
respectively. New Line has joined forces with Zide/Perry Entertainment to bring State of Emergency to the big screen, said Toby Emmerich, president of production for New Line.
Like the game, State of Emergency is set in an Orwellian
future in which social and economic chaos has left a city in the hands of a monolithic corporation that only a handful of resistance fighters have the courage to take on. The movie
will be adapted by Damian Shannon and Mark Swift (of the much-anticipated Freddy vs.Jason fame) and produced by Zide/Perry's Warren Zide and Craig Perry, the team behind the popular American Pie films.
"State of Emergency is an action franchise waiting to happen," Emmerich said. "To be able to create a franchisable action movie that appeals to young audiences based on a highly successful video game is something we've been looking for and State of Emergency is a perfect fit."
Meanwhile, after a "fierce bidding war," Crystal Sky president and CEO Steven Paul confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that his company will make a $60 million movie based on Namco's Tekken. Under the deal, Crystal Sky will co-develop and co-finance the film with Gaga Communications, which also gets Japanese distribution rights. Much of the CGI effects needed for the feature will be done by Creative Visual Effects, which Paul also owns.
The film's cast and director will not be sought until later this year.

Can you guys believe that? Oh my God....I think it will seriously bomb. Well....I dunno about Tekken, but I think the SOE will be kinda bad. And don't think I'm saying this because I don't like the game. I honestly think it will suck. Maybe that' my opinion. What do you guys think?

DragonSphere
Feb 22nd, 2002, 12:04 AM
I've heard about the Tekken movie a couple of years ago, but I'm a bit skeptical about it. As for SOE, I'm not sure how this movie will turn out, I mean, we haven't even seen the Crazy Taxi movie yet!

But is it action or comedy? (SOE)

Mercury Shadow
Feb 22nd, 2002, 06:37 AM
WOW! a state of emergency movie would rule. It is hard to believe it'll happen... but in the report it did say the movie company that would be taking it and a couple names.. lets hope :D

nanjij
Feb 22nd, 2002, 04:05 PM
i like the idea of a TK movie. the idea of the dilema between kazuya and hehaci (sp) in a movie will be amazing. that has one the coolist story lines of all games, okay i wouldnt go that far but it is a wicked story

4 soe i dont think it will be that good, + it will be an 18 unless so u have to rent it to see it, well for me that is

Soul Angel
Feb 22nd, 2002, 05:50 PM
I'm not sure how well either of the games will turn out if you look at previous games which were made into movies so I'm not holding my hopes up to high on how well they will do

But it will be interesting what they come up with for a storyline for the movies as well as how well they will do too :rolleyes:

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 26th, 2002, 06:19 PM
I dunno how they could make a movie outta SofE

Serj
Feb 28th, 2002, 07:06 PM
Yeah, they would need to come up with a pretty good plot for an SOE movie, same with Crazy Taxi. I cant wait to see Resident Evil.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 3rd, 2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Serj
Yeah, they would need to come up with a pretty good plot for an SOE movie, same with Crazy Taxi. I cant wait to see Resident Evil.

Resident Evil is going to be prime.And now that i've seen SoE it doesnt look like a game worth having a movie,why dont they make one outta shadow of destiny

merylsilverburg
Mar 3rd, 2002, 09:57 PM
Ooh! A Shadow of Destiny movie would be so cool! Then, they could show all the 5 different endings at different theaters. That way, you'll have to go to all the different theaters if you want to see all the endings! It'll be just like that movie, "Clue". :cool:

BowevelJoe
Mar 4th, 2002, 08:06 AM
Ahh there already is a Tekken movie, it sucked really bad though, it was anime, i have it in the collection lol...ahh SOE movie eh... thats just one of those movies youd have to see to decide it it sucked or not...i dunno how they would pull it off, but hey, you never know...

merylsilverburg
Mar 5th, 2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by BowevelJoe
Ahh there already is a Tekken movie, it sucked really bad though, it was anime, i have it in the collection lol...ahh SOE movie eh... thats just one of those movies youd have to see to decide it it sucked or not...i dunno how they would pull it off, but hey, you never know...

Um....I know there was a Tekken Movie anime, but the movie we're talking about it played by actors and actresses. Which, personally, I think will be really dumb, but oh well. Did anyone here hear about the Soul Calibur movie? Omigod, it will suck sooooooooooooooooooo much......mainly because I read they're planning on asking Jackie Chan to do one of the main roles. How stupid is that?! You might as well not make a movie, dammit!

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 6th, 2002, 10:07 AM
State of Emergency as a movie???? What would the plot be since most of the game has no plot and is just senseless killing and yes i know the little missions i own the game.

BowevelJoe
Mar 7th, 2002, 07:44 AM
ah..sorry bout that, i was just stating that they have already made a tekken movie :( but real actors, all other fighting game movies have been cheesy as heck, look at mortal kombat and street fighter, they were just crap...as for Soul Caliber and jackie chan, what have they been smoking?!?!?

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 7th, 2002, 08:34 AM
Hay the original mortal kombat movie was pretty darn good espically the main theme

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 7th, 2002, 09:27 AM
I agree with SSSnake on this one the first mortal combat movie wasn't bad at all.

merylsilverburg
Mar 7th, 2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by BowevelJoe
ah..sorry bout that, i was just stating that they have already made a tekken movie :( but real actors, all other fighting game movies have been cheesy as heck, look at mortal kombat and street fighter, they were just crap...as for Soul Caliber and jackie chan, what have they been smoking?!?!?

Yeah, I agree....what the hell were they doing when they thought of this? They probably thought Jackie Chan might be good for Hwoang (Geez, I'm Asian and I don't know how to spell his name) but even so....Jackie Chan? I really hate him....