PDA

View Full Version : Voice Overs!

MakgSnake
Jan 24th, 2002, 02:20 AM
I Just Want To Know. If FFX's Voice Overs Are Good And At Top Notch. Cause Voice Overs Is One Thing That Attracts Me Alot!.! And I Am A Big Fan Of VoiceOvers!.!

I Have Seen One Clip On FFX In Which I Hear Its Voice Overs. But That Doesn't Answer My Question.

So Any Of U Who Have Played FFX, Tell Me If The Voice Overs Are Great Or Not......!.......Are They Really Good??-??

And Do They Speak During FMV's? Just Wanted To Know That!

Thank U! :)

Hylas
Jan 24th, 2002, 06:35 AM
Some voices in that game are excellent, some others so so...and a couple of them were terrible.

I like Kimahri's and Wakka's voice (same actor), and also Auron's voice was good.
Tidus, Yuna and Seymour voices were...well, not perfect but quite good.
Lulu's voice is terrible: plain and not expressive.

Oh, I bought a NTSC copy of the game, so I'm playing it right now :D

Soul Angel
Jan 24th, 2002, 08:57 AM
From what I've heard of the voices I think they are all pretty good!
And yeah I believe they do sometimes speak during FMV ;)

jenova_jeb
Jan 24th, 2002, 01:48 PM
I love the voice overs. They made the game feel so much more complete then the old ones. They involve you, you care more about what's going on.... I can't explain it, but they're definitely great!

Rei
Jan 24th, 2002, 04:51 PM
Agree with Hylas: some voices are very good, while others are not very expressive.

IcyMourdor
Jan 24th, 2002, 05:34 PM
It could have been better, but they still did a good job.

Reid
Jan 24th, 2002, 06:03 PM
I think that the voice overs in Final Fantasy X were really well done; better then I expected.
I really liked Wakka, Lulu, Rikku, Auron, and Seymour's in particular.
I think the series needed to evolve in that direction as well. Reading a lot of text would seem dated in a PS2 game.

kamari-ice
Jan 24th, 2002, 06:10 PM
I think that Tidus has the great voice over, but its between him and Lulu.
GO to ffx trailers in final fantasy forum, because today I am putting a real good trailer which shows them all talking.

Pu the Owl
Jan 24th, 2002, 08:38 PM
I've heard best voice acting in other games...
For example you must hear Soul Reaver 2 voices before saying FFX voices are so good.

Anyway, Wakka has the best voice among all FFX characters. And Kimahri too, 'cause it's the same person :D

Neo_Soldier28
Jan 25th, 2002, 10:03 AM
I think that the voice overs aren't that bad and that they add a lot to the game play thats just my opinion though

merylsilverburg
Jan 25th, 2002, 08:49 PM
At first, Lulu's voice sounded kinda strange to me but then as the game progressed, it really seemed to fit her well, because she's a mysterious, quiet character, so it's reasonable that her voice is flat and expressionless as it is. I really like all of them except for Yuna's, because I hate how she pauses so many times when she's speaking, it's like she can't spit out the words. And no, they don't speak in the FMV.

Spirit
Jan 25th, 2002, 09:29 PM
well I think they were pretty good for the most part, except for where they needed to have a lot of emotion, and I really, really hated the fake laughing of tidus and yuna....

jenova_jeb
Jan 25th, 2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
And no, they don't speak in the FMV.
Yes they do. The game has FMVs through out the entire game, and they speak through them all. Heck, they even talk in the CGs, but only at the end of the game!
But I think you're right about Lulu. I liked her voice. The only characters voice that I really hated was Seymours! Ugghhh, he bugged me so much :mad: :eek: .

MakgSnake
Jan 26th, 2002, 03:32 AM
I Am Getting A Clear Idea Of How The Voice Overs Are.!. But What Are U Guys Talking About CG's And FMV's, They Both Are The Same Thing!.!

I Saw FFX Starting Video In FutureShop, And I Think (Not Sure) But I Think I Heard Auron (Whatever His Name Is) Saying "Its Begun"....Am I Right? On This One!-!

One Thing I Have To say.....The Starting VIDEO BLEW My MIND!!! My Eyes Popped Out!-! No Wonder It Beats MGS2 Graphics (Only When It Comes To FMV's!)

merylsilverburg
Jan 26th, 2002, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by jenova_jeb

Yes they do. The game has FMVs through out the entire game, and they speak through them all. Heck, they even talk in the CGs, but only at the end of the game!
Aah! You're right! Sorry, I'm confusing myself with something else. Don't ask, it's just me!

The only characters voice that I really hated was Seymours! Ugghhh, he bugged me so much :mad: :eek: .
YES!! I HATED Seymour! That guy made me want to throw my controller at him and just SMASH that face of his! I swear, when I first saw him come on the screen, I just twitched! :eek: Yuck! A sight that I DID NOT need to see more than ONCE! And yeah, MakgSnake, the opening of FFX was so....:eek: I was especially stunned when Sin came and attacked the Blitzball tournament in the beginning also. That was so great!!

Rei
Jan 26th, 2002, 07:23 AM
I liked Seymour. His voice is quite good if you consider his personality.