PDA

View Full Version : Castlevania:Symphony of the night

Smokey Mcpot
Feb 21st, 2002, 03:58 PM
This is my favorite psx game, it's a real time fighting rpg and is nice and long. I beat it 3 times.:D

IcyMourdor
Feb 21st, 2002, 06:23 PM
I find myself playing the game forever.

I'm still trying to get every item. I'm using the hard luck mode to get all the items. Luck goes up very high-all other starts go down drastically.

I beat the game in under 5 hours. I'd say I'm hooked on the game.

Smokey Mcpot
Feb 21st, 2002, 10:35 PM
yea me 2, i have almost everything. I found the sword card too.
I used to leave the psx on all night to lvl! I would stand on a set of stairs and let my bet kill zombies. I'd lvl once or twice per night.

Hadoken
Feb 22nd, 2002, 10:01 AM
yeah, this game is great.
but are you guys sure your doin the endings right?
i hope your not doin the sad ending, because that takes a whole lot less time that doin the happy ending.
make sure you get to the upside down castle, because if you havent, you havent truly beaten the game yet.

GaseousSnake
Feb 22nd, 2002, 11:29 AM
Never heard of the game

x157anz
Feb 22nd, 2002, 02:17 PM
Sounds good. I will have a look for this game, when i go round all the shops Tmoz.
Is the game old , or worth buying now?
How much will it cost in the Uk ?! Thanks :)

Hadoken
Feb 22nd, 2002, 02:53 PM
the game is kinda old, but its still a great game.
good luck finding a copy now. i dont think there are many layin around.

IcyMourdor
Feb 22nd, 2002, 07:09 PM
No, I've seen all the endings. I'm at 210.1% completed or somewhere around there.

Smokey Mcpot
Feb 22nd, 2002, 07:38 PM
Damn i didnt get over 200% yet, i have to do the trick where you fly outside of the castle. BTW... did you guys ever find heavan sword?

Soul Angel
Feb 22nd, 2002, 08:18 PM
Whoa I never realised this game was released on the PSX! :eek:

But like you guys say its probably very hard to find the game around now, so I guess I won't know what the game is all about or what its like either :(

merylsilverburg
Feb 22nd, 2002, 08:26 PM
Boy, is this depressing or what? I really enjoyed playing this game, but I SUCK at it. I couldn't even kill the first boss, (I forgot their name) so I just completely quit. So....since I really wanted to play and finish the game....I did the unthinkable.....I used a Gameshark code, and now Alucard is invincible and stuff. :D But, unfortunately, I didn't have time to finish the game, and now, I can't find it anymore in my video rental. :(

IcyMourdor
Feb 22nd, 2002, 08:38 PM
Slogra and Gaibon?

If you hate them, wait til they are regular enemies later in the game.

merylsilverburg
Feb 22nd, 2002, 08:45 PM
Um....I really don't remember their names. They're the very first boss you encounter.....I think you may be right though. Well, since I can't find the game anymore, I can't really finish it. But, I don't remember them being regular enemies. :confused:

IcyMourdor
Feb 22nd, 2002, 08:48 PM
*SPOILER*

In the inverted castle, they are there.

It really sucks that you can't find it. All I can say is check EBay or something like that. They might have it.

merylsilverburg
Feb 22nd, 2002, 09:00 PM
Good idea. Haven't thought of that. And I go onto Ebay all the time! :rolleyes: I can't believe they're there! Ugh! How annoying. I really hated the one who threw the axes or knives, I forget. It's been 3 years. :o

IcyMourdor
Feb 22nd, 2002, 09:11 PM
Doppleganger 10

If you ever get the game, I can help you if you want. It's pretty sad that I almost have everything memorized about the game.
*goes pity himself in the corner*

merylsilverburg
Feb 22nd, 2002, 09:16 PM
*pulls Mourdor out of the corner*

Hey, don't worry about it! It just shows you love the game, there's nothing wrong with that! :) And thanks for the offer on help! I'm really bad at it, so your assistance (and everyone else's) would be very useful! Thanks! :)

x157anz
Feb 23rd, 2002, 03:02 PM
I asked the guy at the shop for this game today for PS1 , he just laughed and said "No , we only have it on gba" :(.

Is there any other PS1 classic games that i have missed out on ?
:peoples: :cool:

merylsilverburg
Feb 23rd, 2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by x157anz
I asked the guy at the shop for this game today for PS1 , he just laughed and said "No , we only have it on gba" :(.

Is there any other PS1 classic games that i have missed out on ?
:peoples: :cool:

Is that shopkeeper on drugs? :peoples: Of course this game is on the PS1, the problem is, it's really old, so you can hardly find it anymore. I belive the only Castlevania games on the GBA is Castlevania: Circle of the Moon. Or maybe I'm wrong....

IcyMourdor
Feb 23rd, 2002, 07:31 PM
I'm not sure about the GBA one. It won't be C:SotN though. There is too much data in it for it to able to work.

Smokey Mcpot
Feb 26th, 2002, 12:34 PM
The first two bosses were a bit difficult, but i beat em after 2-3 tries. I was so into the game i couldnt quit;)

Spirit
Feb 28th, 2002, 09:41 PM
one of the best games ever, too bad I got burned out on it after I beat it 5 times in a row, and played as the other dude with the chain lol (richard)

IcyMourdor
Mar 1st, 2002, 12:22 AM
I love playing with Richter Belmont.

He has all the super heart abilities that a vampire slayer would have and they will easy keep him alive.

Macceh^
Mar 23rd, 2002, 03:45 AM
god that game brings back memories.

I love he castlevania series this one in particular, i never fuly completed it to 200% though i heard you get maria renard or soemthing.

Exellent game great ending great music.

*sings i am the wind*

and the gba one is circle of the moon which is a good game in itself.