PDA

View Full Version : Cube's Adapter.

MakgSnake
Jan 1st, 2003, 02:42 PM
Ok I am worried about something, Game Cube comes with this Huge Adapter, which is in the middle of this wire we hook it up into the socket. Now that adapter heats up. I am just worried, so I have to take the wire out of the socket if I am not playing GameCube............ ?.? If I dont, would anything happen to this adapter type of thing?.....

Cause Ps2 doesn' t have it, so its all cool. And the Red light on it assures me that its off and nothing is being used or getting heated up. But even if my Game Cube is off, the Adapter heat can be felt.

fantasywave
Jan 1st, 2003, 03:08 PM
Lol lol!!! GameCube's adaptor is like touching the ground. Say, if you play online with GameCube for too long on a carpet, the carpet might burn.

http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/article/20000824/nin08.jpg

You see, the adaptor and all those other peripherals are to connect at the bottom of the GameCube.

http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/article/20000824/nin14.jpg

http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/article/20000824/nin15.jpg

David
Jan 1st, 2003, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted By MakgSnake

Ok I am worried about something, Game Cube comes with this Huge Adapter, which is in the middle of this wire we hook it up into the socket.

That huge adaptor that is in the middle of the wire, is the battery pack, and it won't burn or blow, trust me. I played my GameCube for 11 hours sometimes, that nothing happens to it, and it cools off when you turn it off. The GameCube accesories won't burn anything, expecially the Network Adaptor for Game cube, because its got a fan in there to cool things down, just like the PS2, that's another reason why they put a fan in the PS2 and GameCube, and I think there is one in the Xbox.

----------------------------------------------------------------

To be forgotten is worse than death...

fantasywave
Jan 1st, 2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by David
got a fan in there to cool things down, just like the PS2.

A fan inside the PS2 Network adaptor?? I doubt that.

David
Jan 1st, 2003, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted By fantasywave

A fan inside the PS2 Network adaptor?? I doubt that.

Sorry, not in the Network Adaptor, I meant, inside the PS2 and GameCube...:laugh: Man, I should read carefully what I type...:heh:

-----------------------------------------------------------

MakgSnake
Jan 1st, 2003, 04:48 PM
Hmm, So its cool I suppose. Cause I was just thinking it might be one of those MegaDrive and NES adapters and all.

And I dont have my GameCube on the floor, but on a special gaming desk I bought. :)

KraftSLU
Jan 1st, 2003, 05:48 PM
Yeah, network cards are very low voltage/amperage to operate, so don't be expecting a lot of heat from them. The only reason the power converter on the gamecube is on the cord, and not in the system, is to make the gamecube smaller.

fantasywave
Jan 1st, 2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by KraftSLU

Yeah, network cards are very low voltage/amperage to operate, so don't be expecting a lot of heat from them. The only reason the power converter on the gamecube is on the cord, and not in the system, is to make the gamecube smaller.

Hey Kraft, you know me? I used a member called "cityson" in Xbox Addict.

KraftSLU
Jan 1st, 2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by fantasywave

Hey Kraft, you know me? I used a member called "cityson" in Xbox Addict.

yup, try not to get banned here, it's a pretty cool place ;) Yeah, I'm actually a mod over at xboxaddict now.

fantasywave
Jan 1st, 2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by KraftSLU

yup, try not to get banned here, it's a pretty cool place ;) Yeah, I'm actually a mod over at xboxaddict now.

Lol lol, this place is really nice.

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 1st, 2003, 06:39 PM
Little off topic here.Hey cityson what happened to you at xbox addict i mean you put up a lot of crap there and now your here and actually putting up some interesting info,what did you have a change of heart or something?

Now back to topic

~The cube has a broadband adapter right,and mainly the only game for gc is phantasy star.Does anyone know if it would be worth purchasing one and what games are going to support it in the future.Also about that big chuck of plastic we are talking about on the gamecubes power cord.Why does nintendo put those things on while ms and sony have straight cords.Kinda senseless.

fantasywave
Jan 1st, 2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake

Little off topic here.Hey cityson what happened to you at xbox addict i mean you put up a lot of crap there and now your here and actually putting up some interesting info,what did you have a change of heart or something?

I didn't do anything back there really. You won't believe how stupid their reason was to ban me. I usually go to PS2 and Xbox debate forum and what I did was I shout at those fanboys cuz they really bugged me. Then those fanboys reported me and told the admin. to ban me. Well, since then I joined xbox2k forum.

David
Jan 1st, 2003, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted By fantasywave

I didn't do anything back there really. You won't believe how stupid their reason was to ban me. I usually go to PS2 and Xbox debate forum and what I did was I shout at those fanboys cuz they really bugged me. Then those fanboys reported me and told the admin. to ban me. Well, since then I joined xbox2k forum.

Well that kinda sucks, but you don't need to worry about people being mean here, because everyone is nice here. I'm glad I found this site and joined this forum site! :happy:

---------------------------------------------------------

Vash
Jan 2nd, 2003, 09:23 AM
Do you remeber the 64, well the pack that you plugged into the back up the 64 is the same thing as the thing in the middle of the wire. Don't worry about unplugging it, if the GCN is off then no power is circulating therefore it shouldn't get hot at all. Be safe though and unplug it during storms though.

fantasywave
Jan 2nd, 2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by goodman

It wasnt hot at all, not even warm.

I doubt that, cuz GameCube is 485Mhz and the power supply must generate more heat than my PS2's. My PS2's power was pretty hot after 2 hrs BTW. Not to mention the small tiny cubic area the GCN has which cause more pressure to the temperature and creats more heat.

David
Jan 2nd, 2003, 03:20 PM
Nah, you guys are to cautious of a power plug, of course it will get hot, because it's the battery pack. It won't blow, melt itself or anything its on. There is no need to worry for the battery pack, because it alway's get hot.

----------------------------------------------------------------

MakgSnake
Jan 2nd, 2003, 06:19 PM
Well, yeah I guess David is right too, goodman, I know what you mean. My doesn't get hot that much, it just warms a little. Cause I just checked once and it wasn't cool (how it normally would be). So I was a little concerned. But I guess its pretty cool now....I dont think it'll blow up or anything. (I hope not, inshallah).