PDA

View Full Version : I am confused...

ToxicUK
Dec 30th, 2002, 05:07 PM
OK i just got MGS2 and there is no tanker chapter on it - whats going on all i can get is the plant chapter with raiden or whatever his name is - is the tanker chapter on another game?!?!

MakgSnake
Dec 30th, 2002, 06:00 PM
Huh?.....Wha?......You just made me confused too. Thats not possible, you start off from the Tanker Chapter and then move on to the Plant one.

But I always thought that people who are playing MGS2 for the first time should play the Plant Chapter first, and then LATER try on the Tanker Chapter.

dan da man
Dec 30th, 2002, 07:23 PM
i started off on the plant, did u go on my first time?

Suzuki_Fanboy
Dec 31st, 2002, 12:40 AM
Why would you start off on the Plant? The Tanker starts off the story...

Plug 4
Dec 31st, 2002, 12:50 AM
ok now that's some weird s***

ToxicUK
Dec 31st, 2002, 02:20 PM
I go into the game menu and select new game - then i select normal level and wait for it to load after clicking first time and then i play the fmv and its just about the tanker that sunk so what is going on is there something wrongi n my game or do i have to complete it first to play the tanker chapter. I cnat return it because its from a place which wont take it back at all. So if my games messed up ill probably end up smashing the disc and blowing "RAIDEN MY PONY" to hell.:frust: :frust: :frust: :frust: :frust:

dan da man
Dec 31st, 2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Suzuki_Fanboy

Why would you start off on the Plant? The Tanker starts off the story...

i went on my first time and its stated me on the plant i had no idea about the tanker story untill i did the plant chapter!

ssjtrunks13
Dec 31st, 2002, 04:53 PM
Try starting on the easiest difficulty level.

DSgamer
Dec 31st, 2002, 05:06 PM
that is Very odd

MakgSnake
Dec 31st, 2002, 05:36 PM
May be in the UK version of the game, you start with the Plant Chapter, thats what I think is right. People should start off with Plant, and then see the Tanker chapter later!.! In my opinion.

dan da man
Dec 31st, 2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

May be in the UK version of the game, you start with the Plant Chapter, thats what I think is right. People should start off with Plant, and then see the Tanker chapter later!.! In my opinion.

100% agree with makg, if u play it like this like me u get to see the stroy more from a diffrent view!

ok the menu was like this the first time i went on it!

my first time
tanker
plant

MakgSnake
Dec 31st, 2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

my first time
tanker
plant
Same here, and the second I started playing the Plant Chapter, I said to myself "We shouldve played this chapter before the Tanker"....

As the Plant chapter really explains you the controlls and everything about the games. (The basic stuff)....... just like in MGS1. Oh well.....

David
Jan 1st, 2003, 02:39 PM
Read all your posts, and it is weird, first I started off as Snake in a tanker, then after that blowed up because his brother. Then a couple years after, I was in an plant, down in the watering hole as a blond guy, think his name was the same as mine, then I saw a guy, that was Snake, he was wearing a mask and at first I didn't know who he was at first, and then blah, blah, blah... Oh yeah, I was at normal mode.

------------------------------------------------------

To be forgotten is worse than death...

ToxicUK
Jan 4th, 2003, 12:15 PM
Ok i completed the game using the plant chapter and i did not turn my console off and it started again at the main menu and i started a new game - guess whut - Plant chapter? Is my game being an idiot or what?

DSgamer
Jan 4th, 2003, 03:38 PM
u said u just bought it right???? then u still have a chance of Xchanging it, so go and get a new one

ToxicUK
Jan 6th, 2003, 04:39 PM
Took the wrapping off of it...
Shopkeeper: :nono:
Me: :frust:

dan da man
Jan 6th, 2003, 05:43 PM
man that sucks! but i bet there is nothing wrong with it!
can u explain more plz!

ssjtrunks13
Jan 6th, 2003, 06:16 PM
I am curious to know more about your situation my friend.

ToxicUK
Jan 8th, 2003, 02:23 PM
OK certain conditions within the game have to be met to start off with the tanker chapter instead of the plant chapter - this is how to do it...

Get to the main menu
New game
1st time or whatever is available
either: ive played previous games multiple times
ive completed the previous game but action is not me
i havent completed previous game but i watched it all
This will start you off with the tanker chapter unless you choose a different option which gives you raiden. Personally i think the tanker chapter is a little too short...

Anyways problem solved - thanks for the help guys...:ghost: :cool:

dan da man
Jan 8th, 2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by ToxicUK

OK certain conditions within the game have to be met to start off with the tanker chapter instead of the plant chapter - this is how to do it...

Get to the main menu
New game
1st time or whatever is available
either: ive played previous games multiple times
ive completed the previous game but action is not me
i havent completed previous game but i watched it all
This will start you off with the tanker chapter unless you choose a different option which gives you raiden. Personally i think the tanker chapter is a little too short...

Anyways problem solved - thanks for the help guys...:ghost: :cool:

goodnews man, but the tanker chapter starts off the sons of liberty story! the tanker is like a intro very well put together with the plant.

ToxicUK
Jan 10th, 2003, 03:12 PM
Couldnt they have put the tanker chapter with instructions of how to play in the options where you say you havent played the previous game?:roll:

Dark Angel
Jan 13th, 2003, 06:11 PM
I'm surprised none of you knew this before....but still it's just a way of not completely confusing new gamers who haven't played the previous game. The tanker chapter does have lots of points from the end of MGS1, and if you do that first it would make no sense.

ToxicUK
Jan 14th, 2003, 03:04 PM
Yes i suppose that is a good point Dark Angel thanks. I am a bit peed off because ive lost my memory card so for now im running all my memory card dependant games like GT3, GTA3, Vice City, MGS2, Wipeout Fusion etc. from the beginning arrgh...:frust:

Dark Angel
Jan 14th, 2003, 04:19 PM
You have Wipeout Fusion? I love that game....

ToxicUK
Jan 14th, 2003, 04:22 PM
I play it once every two days for 2 races or whatever. But my top games at #1 joint is mGS2 and GTA VC. Wipeout fusion is good because the graphics are immense, its playable and it lasts for ages.:ghost:

Dark Angel
Jan 14th, 2003, 04:31 PM
Yeah, but I just love the Wipeout series for some reason. I think I may be in the rare few that doesnt really like Vice City, it's ok but I prefer GTA3.

dan da man
Jan 14th, 2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Dark Angel

I'm surprised none of you knew this before....but still it's just a way of not completely confusing new gamers who haven't played the previous game. The tanker chapter does have lots of points from the end of MGS1, and if you do that first it would make no sense.

i hope that wasnt reffering to me becuase i am a huge fan of mgs i could be offended.

Dark Angel
Jan 14th, 2003, 07:20 PM
I wasnt referring to anyone, just trying to think of a reason as to why it would start with the Plant chapter. Calm down :laugh:

dan da man
Jan 15th, 2003, 07:48 AM

I wasnt referring to anyone, just trying to think of a reason as to why it would start with the Plant chapter. Calm down :laugh:

no worries dark angel, its just the uk version starts u off on the plant chapter what i think is right.

ToxicUK
Jan 15th, 2003, 01:49 PM
Metal Gear Solid as well. When does substance come out cos i want to buy it. Apparently the 40 gig hd and the network adapter is out in spring 2003 and i gpe substance will let you play multiplayer cos that would be cool.:laugh:

dan da man
Jan 15th, 2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by ToxicUK

Metal Gear Solid as well. When does substance come out cos i want to buy it. Apparently the 40 gig hd and the network adapter is out in spring 2003 and i gpe substance will let you play multiplayer cos that would be cool.:laugh:

substance in the uk, is out on the march 8th, for both xbox and ps2.
and substance does not have multiplayer.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 15th, 2003, 03:20 PM
Yep no multi player and it comes out three days earlier over here in the states.

ToxicUK
Jan 15th, 2003, 03:21 PM
It dosent matter for substance. I am gonna buy it for the training missions anyway. Maybe they'll do it in 3. Anyways, like my sig?:ghost:

ssjtrunks13
Jan 15th, 2003, 03:29 PM
Looka nice. I like the fact that you have the PS2, Snake talking with Otacon and the hazard sign in one picture. It goes with your name.

ToxicUK
Jan 15th, 2003, 03:31 PM
Thank you muchily! Please noted the blue disc is "ehanced through transparency":ghost:

Dark Angel
Jan 15th, 2003, 03:54 PM

no worries dark angel, its just the uk version starts u off on the plant chapter what i think is right.

The Uk version can start in the tanker chapter, it depends on the answers you give if you choose new game then first time.

ToxicUK
Jan 15th, 2003, 03:58 PM
Yep, thanks dark angel the options are

1 - Ive played the previous game multiple times, bring on the action

2 - I managed to complete the porevious game but action isnt my strong point.

Anyways how far are you on wipeout fusion for general sideline chat DarkAngel and do u like my sig?:ghost:

dan da man
Jan 15th, 2003, 04:04 PM

The Uk version can start in the tanker chapter, it depends on the answers you give if you choose new game then first time.

yes when i got the game i went on "my first time" and it started me off on the plant chapter.

ToxicUK
Jan 15th, 2003, 04:08 PM
Hold u pa sentry that wont nmormally give u his dog tag and then run round to the front and point at the stingr - then hell give u it..:roll:

But yea i think maybe they should have done different versions of the tanker chapter so you could learn about the weapons and moves but maybe it wouldnt make sense to some people

ssjtrunks13
Jan 15th, 2003, 04:40 PM
It doesn't matter to me, in the US one it started with the tanker chapter and It was a great game. It took me a while to firguer out I could run with the gun still out so I failed many times but it all worked out in the end. So after playiong it for a couple of weeks I got the stealth. It is awesome!

ToxicUK
Jan 16th, 2003, 01:59 PM
It definitley is - ps ready my new topic in ps1/ps2 faq youll be interested.;)

dan da man
Jan 16th, 2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

It doesn't matter to me, in the US one it started with the tanker chapter and It was a great game. It took me a while to firguer out I could run with the gun still out so I failed many times but it all worked out in the end. So after playiong it for a couple of weeks I got the stealth. It is awesome!

yes trunks that was a pain, well i learnt it metal gear solid how to run with the gun, you use it to beat ocelot.
i think it makes it easy in mgs2 because of the ps2 controller touch sentive buttons which does make it alot more easy.

p.s. truncks i have read in your other posts that u havent played mgs, but that was a long time ago, but if u still havent, defintaly get it and play it, best game ever made!

you gotta give respect to metal gear sold, otherwise there would off never been mgs2.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 16th, 2003, 04:22 PM

yes trunks that was a pain, well i learnt it metal gear solid how to run with the gun, you use it to beat ocelot.
i think it makes it easy in mgs2 because of the ps2 controller touch sentive buttons which does make it alot more easy.

p.s. truncks i have read in your other posts that u havent played mgs, but that was a long time ago, but if u still havent, defintaly get it and play it, best game ever made!

you gotta give respect to metal gear sold, otherwise there would off never been mgs2.

Don't I know it. I've only played the demo and I am looking to getting this game. I know where I can find it but I'm saving up for a GBA game. I don't have any yet so this will be my first and only GBA game for a while.

dan da man
Jan 16th, 2003, 04:27 PM
yes i have been intrested in the mgs for gameboy does it have the same plot?
well i would get it but i dont have my GBA any more.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 16th, 2003, 04:51 PM
The only MGS game I've played is MGS2. SO I wouldn't know, but I know a MGS was made for GBC.

Dark Angel
Jan 17th, 2003, 06:29 PM
Ah my area of expertise, the plot of all the Metal Gear games :D :D

But yeah I have MGS on GBC, it's a good game I think, follows the MGS style well.

Released in 2000 for the Gameboy Color, and originally named Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (name of the Japanese release), the name was changed for European and American releases for marketing purposes and the recognition the name had gotten due to the Playstation version.

The story is set seven years after Outer Heaven in 2002, and Snake is brought in after a US Army cargo plane carrying nuclear weapons and a new Metal Gear is hijacked and held by terrorists in the Central African nation of Gindra, led by the GLF, the Gindran Liberation Front. They and their leader, General Augustine Eguabon (the developers really do have fun making up these names....) demand independence for Gindra and withdrawal of United Nations peacekeepers or they will use Metal Gear (which was developed by the US government after the retrieval of plans from Outer Heaven) to fire a nuclear weapon. A Delta Force team is set in and wiped out, prompting Snake to be asked in after Campbell reveals that the land the Gindra fortress, Galuade, is on is the same place as where Outer Heaven was situated seven years before, leaving Snake to head to Outer Heaven again to stop Metal Gear. Here, he works with Sergenant Chris Jenner, the only survivor from the Delta Force squad sent in and James Harks, the young designer of the Metal Gear housed in Gindra to take on the terrorist group Black Chamber who were working with the GLF and eventually head down to the 100th basement floor again to face Metal Gear, Black Arts Viper (the leader of Black Chamber) and the General.

The story has large similarities with the Playstation version as well as Metal Gear, but is also a very good standalone story, despite not being part of the official Metal Gear history (although not so apart from it as Snake's Revenge is). The graphical limitations of the Gameboy Color let the game go back to it's MSX and NES roots of graphic style, but still manage to work well, still keeping certain elements of the Playstation version, such as being able to back against a wall and the same basic weapons as well just with different names (SOCOM = 5-7, FAMAS = R5). It evens includes a VR Training section that is much the same as the one on the Playstation in content, as well as a 2 player feature using the link cable. No other Metal Gear games have a multiplayer feature.

dan da man
Jan 17th, 2003, 08:05 PM
so it a diffrent story from mgs! i bet its going pretty cheap now becuase it was released along time ago!

Dark Angel
Jan 17th, 2003, 08:21 PM
I think it's pretty cheap, but then I bought mine as soon as it came out, despite now actually having a Gameboy Color at the time and it only played on GBC's (and now GBA's), so it was sitting in it's case for a while before I actually got the thing to play it on. Also I heard somewhere that it's been discontinued, so not sure if you'll be able to find it.

mark0™
Jan 17th, 2003, 08:28 PM
Also I heard somewhere that it's been discontinued, so not sure if you'll be able to find it.

You could always download an Emulater and the MGS ROM if thats the case, I've been looking out for the game for a while too (When it came out I thought it would be the same story as Metal Gear Solid on the Playstation so I left it)

ssjtrunks13
Jan 18th, 2003, 01:46 PM
I was thinking of getting it when it came out but I didn't have the money. Later I stopped seeing it. well, I hope I find it.

Dark Angel
Jan 18th, 2003, 06:16 PM
You can get it easily on an Emulator and ROM and play it on your PC, it's worth it if you can't find it on GBC.

Try here: http://www.metalgearnews.freeservers.com/custom4.html

You'll need the Metal Gear Ghost Babel (Zip File) and aparently a NES emulator, which makes no sense as it's not a NES game, but whatever. I'll try to find a better link.