PDA

View Full Version : Summary Z

MakgSnake
Dec 28th, 2002, 10:54 PM
Can someone or anyone tell me the whole story of Zelda series in a few words. Different people would give out different points of the story, for me to catch it up with it. Hopefully. And no I dont wanna rent an N64 and a Zelda game. So please summaries the Zelda History in a few words or a small paragraph. Thank you. :)

Daedaelus
Dec 29th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Each Zelda game has a different story, but here is one:

A LONG TIME AGO...
Before life began, before the world had form, three golden goddesses descended upon the chaotic land of Hyrule. They were Din, the goddess of power, Nayru, the goddess of wisdom and Farore, the goddess of courage.

Din, with her strong flaming arms, cultivated the land to create the earth. Nayru poured her wisdom onto the Earth to give the spirit of law to the world. Farore's rich soul created all life forms and who would uphold the law.

These three great goddesses returned to the heavens, leaving behind the golden, sacred Triforce. Since then, the Triforce has become the basis of Hyrule's providence. Where the Triforce stood became sacred land.

In the vast, deep forest of Hyrule, The Great Deku Tree served as the guardian spirit. The children of the forest, the Kokiri, lived with The Great Deku Tree. Each Kokiri had his or her own guardian fairy. Except one, his name.....was Link.

Early one morning, Link was having a nightmare. It was the same nightmare he had every night. During a storm, Link would find himself standing in front of a mysterious castle. A rider on horseback, carrying a girl, would race by. The girl would look at Link as if to say something. Then, another rider would appear. This big man clad in black would look down menacingly at Link. Link would then awaken.

"Link! Hey, get up, Link! The Great Deku Tree wants to talk to you!"

As Link opened his eyes, he saw a fairy floating in front of him. This fairy's name was Navi. Navi was sent to summon Link to The Great Deku Tree.

"Oh Navi, Thou hast returned!"said the Deku Tree. "Thank you, Link, for coming. Thy slumber these past moons must have been restless and full of nightmares. A vile climate pervades this world. Verily, ye have felt it. The time has come to test thine courage. I have been cursed. I need you to dispel the curse with your wisdom and courage. Art thou prepares?"

Link entered The Great Deku Tree and broke the curse.

"Well done, Link! I knew that ye were worthy of carrying out my wishes. A wicked man of the desert cast this dreadful curse on me. Employing his vile, sorcerous energies. The evil one is searching for the Sacred Realm connected to Hyrule. For it is there that one will find the divine relic, the Triforce, that contains the essence of the gods. Whoever holds the Triforce can make their wishes come true. Thou must never allow the desert man to lay his hands on the sacred Triforce. Thou must never suffer that man to enter the sacred realm of legend. Link, go now to Hyrule Castle. There, ye will surely meet the princess of destiny. Present this stone to the princess. I have foreseen that she will understand everything."

The Great Deku Tree gave Link the Spiritual Stone of the Forest. Before dying, The Deku Tree's last words were, "The future depends upon thee, Link. Thou art courageous."

Of course I didnt type all that.

AudioBoxer
Dec 29th, 2002, 12:35 PM
LOL, didnt he say a few words? Joking, ya I am not really a fan of the series, I mean its fun and all but it doesnt suit my needs!

Daedaelus
Dec 29th, 2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by AudioBoxer

LOL, didnt he say a few words? Joking, ya I am not really a fan of the series, I mean its fun and all but it doesnt suit my needs!

So then why spam in this thread?

DSgamer
Dec 29th, 2002, 02:45 PM
dude here's a summary

in hyrule a kid named link lived in a forest, he wasnt an ordinary boy, he gets chosen by the deku tree, and then on he starts going through dungeons, and blah blah (basic adventure games stuff) and then he gets the OCARINA of TIME, then he goes 2 a temple and plays the ocarina, he opens a door and finds a sword,then he falls asleep and when he wakes up he's all grown up, then more dungeons blah blah and fights ganondorf and rescues zelda (the usual)

i have the following zelda games
zelda a link 2 da pas- snes
zelda links awakening dx- cga
zelda ocarina of time- n64

hope that helps

MakgSnake
Dec 29th, 2002, 07:01 PM
Hmmm, thanks Iguana and Gamer, its cool to read all that, I am getting a decent picture now. So the player we control is called "Link" and NOT Zelda, I didn't know that! :P .... and Zelda is someone we rescue! I didn't know that either.

The one coming on GameCube is "The Wind Waker" right?... and we control Link in that game too who is actually helping the Deku Tree?.... right.

So all the series revovlves around helping the Deku Tree....... is that a good character?

Daedaelus
Dec 29th, 2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Hmmm, thanks Iguana and Gamer, its cool to read all that, I am getting a decent picture now. So the player we control is called "Link" and NOT Zelda, I didn't know that! :P .... and Zelda is someone we rescue! I didn't know that either.

The one coming on GameCube is "The Wind Waker" right?... and we control Link in that game too who is actually helping the Deku Tree?.... right.

So all the series revovlves around helping the Deku Tree....... is that a good character?

Right. A lot of people are confused because of the game's title. Zelda is never the person whose role you assume. Zelda is the princess Link is to rescue in the games.

To continue: In TWW, Link's adventure does not revolve around the Deku Tree. In TWW, we are introduced to Link's estranged sister, and she is kidnapped. Link has to rescue his sister in this game.

MakgSnake
Dec 29th, 2002, 11:11 PM
Aah....so this time around, its a little different. Nice....sooo....I wont get to see the Deku Tree??.?? As I wanted to...

And does Zelda games require alot of Magical Spells and all?

DSgamer
Dec 29th, 2002, 11:39 PM
it could, but ur most likely 2 get a slingshot(which kicks all kind of ass) or a sword, or sticks, or nuts, or little crystals that make enemies burn.

makg, every quest is diferent, the deku tree was in another zelda (ocarina of time) every other one has a dif. "thing" u help
like in links awakening dx, u get help from an owl to help u wake up an animal called the "wind FISH"
dude, if u got a gc, there's no way u can go wrong by buying a zelda game

Frozen
Dec 30th, 2002, 04:12 AM
I must say that Zelda: A link to the past is one of the first games that got me into adventure/RPG. Absolutely FINE games these are.

I have played few of them, though, which are basically the before mentioned A link to the past, and the first Zelda for GB (forgot the name). I have also played the oracle series but never beaten those. Then I played Zelda: Ocarina of time, and I have to say is one of the best games I have played in my life. I also began playing Majora's Mask but dropped it when I got me a PS2.

The Wind Waker is defintely a game I will have when it coems out, since it was one of the main reasons I had to get a cube.

This is definitely a gmae you should not miss, Makg :)

MakgSnake
Dec 30th, 2002, 12:09 PM
Yup, I know now I will not miss this game, it sure does sound fun and pretty legendary. I am not sure if I'll be buying alot of games for the GameCube, but I will get 100% sure these titles.

1.) The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker (I hope thats what its called)
2.) Starfox Adventures
3.) Star Wars Rouge Leader
4.) Resident Evil 4 (Whenever it comes out)

And if any really hot (Nintendo Exclusive) titles comes along, I'll get them too.

But yeah this Zelda game is really generating a hype.

DSgamer
Dec 30th, 2002, 02:24 PM
u should put mario sunshine in there

MakgSnake
Dec 30th, 2002, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by gamer

u should put mario sunshine in there
Hmm, I am not too sure, I know its a good game. But I also heard its not the best. I think I am going to wait for Mario 128 (That is if it'll ever come out).

By the way does this current Zelda game for the GameCube contains Voice Overs??.??

Daedaelus
Dec 30th, 2002, 07:30 PM

Hmm, I am not too sure, I know its a good game. But I also heard its not the best. I think I am going to wait for Mario 128 (That is if it'll ever come out).

By the way does this current Zelda game for the GameCube contains Voice Overs??.??

Wait for Mario 128, it's confirmed along with Pikmin 2.

And yes, Zelda: TWW does have voice overs.

Frozen
Dec 31st, 2002, 04:24 AM
I really don't think I'll get Sunshine, maybe preowned for 15 bucks or something. :P

As for Star Wars: Rogue Leader is a game I'll definitely get, I've only played it like once or twice, and I fell in love with it.

But that'll be in a couple of months after i get my car...

Oh, and any ideas WHEN would Mario 128 come out?

Harry
Dec 31st, 2002, 07:59 AM
As Miyamoto recently revealed, each game has a different Link in it. Basically, everytime the evil returns, a new Link is born.

MakgSnake
Dec 31st, 2002, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Harry

As Miyamoto recently revealed, each game has a different Link in it. Basically, everytime the evil returns, a new Link is born.
So....every game has a new character, named LINK. Or is it the same person, but reborn again. Reincarnation....type of thing.?...! ? Its kinda cool if we think about it.

As for Mario 128, I just hope it comes out this year. Not in 2004 or something. Like Resident Evil 4. :(

Daedaelus
Dec 31st, 2002, 08:56 PM

So....every game has a new character, named LINK. Or is it the same person, but reborn again. Reincarnation....type of thing.?...! ? Its kinda cool if we think about it.

As for Mario 128, I just hope it comes out this year. Not in 2004 or something. Like Resident Evil 4. :(

It's the grandson of the previous Link.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 1st, 2003, 03:31 PM
This whole thing about each game not having the same Link is crazy.

ANyway, if you have a GBA you should check out thye remake of A Link to the Past.

DSgamer
Jan 3rd, 2003, 12:08 AM
nah dude, i hated zelda for gba, i love playing in my good ol' snes

ssjtrunks13
Jan 5th, 2003, 03:26 PM
I haven't played it on the GBA but Makg might not have a SNES so if this is the case for him the GBA would be the best way. Yes, I do enjoy playing it on the SNES the same with Tetris Atttack.