PDA

View Full Version : Removing the Stamp.

MakgSnake
Dec 27th, 2002, 03:39 PM
Well, I know it has good games, and well if not are all games are for older people, most of them are. I have a couple of Game Cube games and all of them pretty amazing mature titles. But still despite of all these grown up titles, Game Cube is still called in by many people as a kiddie console. It shouldn't be like this, but thats how people see it. When will that stupid stamp be removed from this console.

When Resident Evil 4 might release? (But Resident Evil games are already out, even Eternal Darkness is Mature and pretty mature)

When it'll get a larger library of Mature titles??

When the system would get something or even MORE BAD ASS game then Grand Theft Auto III?..?

Or any other reason, if you have, you can mention it!

dan da man
Dec 27th, 2002, 03:44 PM
well i think it is because all the other nintendo consoles b4 the gamecube had kiddish titles, u notice its only the ppl who dont have the gamecube say its for kids, u have to have one to know that its just not a kids console its a mature one two, even though i dont have a gamecube any one can see sence that RE (and many more titles) aint for a kid!

Beretta55
Dec 27th, 2002, 03:48 PM
people who say that have probally never touched a gamecube in their life. they are just spewing crap out of their mouth's. they are use to the games like GTA3 and others. if they see mario on the screen they go "oh kiddie!!" why people who have a gamecube actully like the system for what it's made for. the gameplay. just look at RE1,RE0,eternal darkness,BMX XXX *which is uncut BTW* and die hard vendetta. in die hard they say the F word every 3 second's.

Infernal Mass
Dec 27th, 2002, 04:04 PM
the best thing for Nintendo to do,.. to finally distance itself from that label is to develope and publish an M rated game. Eternal Darkness was developed by Silicon Knights, Nintendo published it.

When the majority of gamers think of Nintendo they see Mario,Donkey Kong and Yoshi. These charcters look like they stepped right out of a cartoon. If there was a good M rated, well recieved first party developed Nintendo title, it'd shut up what's left of the people that think the console is for kids.

Although there's not very much of those people left.

MakgSnake
Dec 28th, 2002, 06:57 PM
Yup I agree, imagine having a game that makes Grand Theft Auto III (Vice City) like Barbie infront of "IT". Then I guess that "Kiddie Console" name will be scrached out.

Spank-A-Thon
Dec 29th, 2002, 09:37 PM
Wierd thing is, for a console that has 'kiddy' games - the Super Mario games are some of the most in-depth and difficult games to 100% complete.

A great game is a great game period. The rating is irrelevant.

- S

MakgSnake
Dec 30th, 2002, 12:28 PM
You people are right, but although it does give Nintendo some $$$ for it being a system with great games, its not doing the best in the Market. No matter how great the system actually is, if it doesn't do well in the Market, it'd end up being like DreamCast. Thats the last thing we all want, right?

I know many people are ignorant and dont think anything about NGC, and thats why go with Xbox or Ps2, but alot of parents have been coming to me lately, telling me that they "heard" it (even if its a rumour) that Nintendo Game Cube just might end up like Sega Dream Cast and may start making games for third party only, and that if its true or not. I just tell them its a rumour, and I dont see that happening any soon (atleast). But still.....even the parents are concerned about the System for their kids in the Long run. They ask me that if the Next Gen Nintendo system would let GameCube games play on it or not, (Like PsOne games being Played on Ps2).

I just hope if Nintendo plans on making another system, they should make it backward compatible with NGC. Like that atleast many Nintendo fans would start trusting them.