PDA

View Full Version : Languages

x157anz
Feb 20th, 2002, 01:54 PM
I just got back from spain and about 9/10 people knew english language, and people over here dont even bother to learn spanish in all of our resteraunts, i think we are a discrace.

Does anybody know some languages ?

I learn french at school thats it :( , but i would love to talk spanish. :)

trunks69420
Feb 20th, 2002, 01:59 PM
I know a little bit of spanish, but english is my main language. I can carry on a little bit of spanish and count to ten in French

x157anz
Feb 20th, 2002, 02:11 PM
I know lots of french.
But if somebody wants to teach me some spanish :)

all i know is :

La quenta pour pavour - Can i have the bill please

I used it all the time in Harleys :) they laughed at me though :(

trunks69420
Feb 20th, 2002, 02:14 PM
Allright...
La puerta= the door
Chupa mi gallo= Suck my ______!
Anaranjado= orange
El Gato = Cat
El Perro= Dog
Loco= crazy
Ojo's= eyes

Like i said, i dont know much except simple stuff. Is there anything in particular that you want to know?

Pu the Owl
Feb 20th, 2002, 02:48 PM
I can't speak Spanish, but I can understand it quite well, because it's very similar to Italian.

solidus-snake
Feb 20th, 2002, 02:50 PM
i can speak french, german and english..... quite good for a 15 yr old lol

Mercury Shadow
Feb 20th, 2002, 03:03 PM
I can speak french, but thats it. I don't find that a disgrace if we don't speak spanish.. after all, we live in the USA!

Cannibal Clown
Feb 20th, 2002, 03:56 PM
I can speak english poorly.

I'm trying to teach myself Japanese so that I will be able to hold a conversation with some of my friends without having to stop and try to figure out what they're saying.

Soul Angel
Feb 20th, 2002, 04:24 PM
Well I only know alittle bit of French, Spainish and Cornish too.
But my main language is English :)

Mercury Shadow
Feb 20th, 2002, 04:50 PM
What the heck is cornish, soulangel?

Reid
Feb 20th, 2002, 06:26 PM
I'm fluent in Spanish and near in French (though it's slipping away more and more every day).
I can carry on a decent conversation in Japanese and German too, but I'm still learning both of those languages.

The only Spanish I know is "Oye coma va!", and "Dous cervasas porfabour" (all spelt terribly wrong).

"Oye coma va" because of that Santana song (Woo, Santana), and the other because it means "Two beers, please." and I used that one a lot in Mexico.

I really want to get into Italian as well though, but Japanese and German are already a handful.

merylsilverburg
Feb 20th, 2002, 07:00 PM
I used to know how to speak French, but I was never really good. I took French for 3 years, but all my teachers sucked, so I never really paid attention which is why I'm so bad. I understand a little Taiwanese, because I'm Taiwanese, but I was born in the US. I have no idea how to speak it though, so don't ask. Japanese is what I'm trying to teach myself, so I know a little, but very few. Like:

Ohayo gozaimasu= Good morning
Minna= Everyone
Arigatou gozaimasu= Thank you
Oyasuminasai= Good night
Nanni?= What?
Baka= Idiot
Kuzo= Damn

Uh....there's more I know, but I don't want to embarrass myself if they're wrong. :o

Cannibal Clown
Feb 20th, 2002, 07:18 PM
Shimatta-**** <==I like that one.
Kimi o Ai****aru<==One way of saying I love you

I know many many others, not enough to carry on a conversation, but a lot.

Can anyone tell me what hohoenderu means. I can't find it in any japanese dictionaries and my friend tells me that it's more or less a word that shows emotion towards something. Like an exclamation mark or something.

Soul Angel
Feb 20th, 2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Mercury_Shadow
What the heck is cornish, soulangel?

Cornish is the actual language in Cornwall (a place in the UK) but unfortunately its a dying language and not many people can speak it now :(

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 21st, 2002, 10:22 PM
I speak English but know a little espanol

DragonSphere
Feb 21st, 2002, 11:54 PM
While I can talk English, I'm trying to learn Tagalog from my realtives. (My background is mostly Filipino) I can only understand and speak some words though.

Rei
Feb 22nd, 2002, 03:38 PM
I can speak English, French, German and I know some Greek. I'm also trying to learn Finnish and Japanese.

Indrid Cold
Jun 13th, 2002, 07:09 PM
I dont know how to speak Spanish, i know a lot of czech. Andi know how to speak Icelandic.. not much.

Indrid Cold
Jun 13th, 2002, 07:11 PM
Andi is and i...