PDA

View Full Version : Xbox hand on.

MakgSnake
Dec 24th, 2002, 08:30 PM
Well I could mention the buying of my GameCube in goodman's thread, but I guess its better if I make an Xbox one.

I am getting it the "Next" friday. So I get two games with it, but other then that...I am planning to get ONE game for it.... LIKE ALWAYS, a little confused about which one to purchase. These are my choices.

1.) Splinter Cell
2.) Halo
3.) Dead to Rights
4.) Dead or Alive 3

:P

Beretta55
Dec 24th, 2002, 08:42 PM
alot of people will mention halo:P but if your a steath junkie and like the steath part of metal gear solid game's. i say go with spinter cell the game is pure steath the character does more steath move's then snake. and if you have a need to get a game with lot's of killing. get dead to right's or halo. Dead or alive 3 is good but can get boring after awhile.

Infernal Mass
Dec 24th, 2002, 08:58 PM
might as well get Halo first you'll probably end up buying it eventually anyhow.

Daedaelus
Dec 24th, 2002, 09:51 PM
If I were you, the first game I would get is HALO, which is something that is a must for X-BOX owners. Dead or Alive 3 is exactly like DOA 2, except with more stages, and the girls have larger breasts. So, for the second game, you should get Splinter Cell, IMO.

Nelo Angelo
Dec 24th, 2002, 10:38 PM
*copies and pastes a list he saw on another forum*

RPG (Role Playing Game):

- Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
- Metal Dungeon (ONLY if you like dungeon crawling games)
- Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind (if you have a couple monthes to kill)
- Crimson Sea (lots of action + RPG - think Dynasty Warriors set in the future with RPG)
- Shenmue II

Tactical Espionage:

- Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
- Hitman 2
- Prisoner of War

Action/Adventure:

- BloodRayne
- Dark Angel
- Dead to Rights
- Genma Onimusha
- Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
- Pirates: Legend of Black Kat
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast
- The Thing
- Blade II
- Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Commandos 2
- Defender
- Dr. Muto
- Enclave
- Fireblade
- Fuzion Frenzy
- Gunvalkyrie
- Hunter: The Reckoning
- Max Payne
- MechAssault
- Minority Report
- Phantom Crash
- Reign of Fire
- Robotech: Battlecry
- Spiderman
- Steel Battalion
- Superman: The Man of Steel
- Whacked!

FPS:

- Halo
- Medal of Honor: Frontline
- Bond 007: Agent Under Fire
- Bond 007: Nightfire
- Serious Sam
- Unreal Championship
- Turok: Evolution
- TimeSplitters 2
- Ghost Recon

Take your pick. O_o

Oh, do you think you might get Xbox Live?

MakgSnake
Dec 24th, 2002, 10:53 PM
Hmm....it still is a tough choice, I know like Digi said, that I will get Halo eventually, so why not get it now.....well thats true, its just that I have tried Halo, and played it quite a bit. But havn't tried Splinter Cell, still.....Halo seems like a good choice to get while getting an Xbox.

So I believe Dead Or Alive is totally out of the question eh. I wanted Dead to Rights, but then checked few reviews on the other systems, and the best one came out for the Xbox, so thats why.

Xbox Live?.....Hmmmm I dont know, I first have to get a router, and then Ps2 Network Adapter first, to get my SOCOM online, alongside with (Resident Evil Online <----- $5-$10 fee :shock: ) I might have to think about that..!!! BLAH :P

But yeah, I dont wanna pay yearly for Xbox Live...... just dont think I'd wanna go there yet.

And thanks for the List Nelo..... Hitman2, I am planning to get it on Ps2, as I read at most places that its best out on the Ps2, just like I am gonna with Need4Speed on PS2.

Oh by the way ...... for $29.99, I just might grab, Project Gothem Racing..... not bad eh?....or is it?

But yeah, I LOVE stealth action games.....simply love them. And I really wanna know what the great fuss is all about Splinter Cell (I have played the game before), but wanna go deep into the storyline and all.

I have few days to think it over.

Spank-A-Thon
Dec 25th, 2002, 09:42 AM
If you have a fairly chunky PC, I'd suggest getting Splinter Cell for PC instead - that's what I intend to do.

If you're getting an XBox, I'd recommend buying games that are exclusive to the 'Box. Unfortunately for me, anything I've been interested in is already out, or coming out for other systems.

- S

MakgSnake
Dec 25th, 2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Spank-A-Thon
If you're getting an XBox, I'd recommend buying games that are exclusive to the 'Box.
Yup, thats what I am planning to do.....like what I did with the Game Cube, I got 4 games and all GC exclusive, and the same thing I'll do it over here. But the reason I am getting Splinter Cell and thinking of getting Dead To Rights.........is

Splinter Cell is my type of a game, pure Stealth/Action/Adventure type. (And sadly I dont have a good PC, I never play games on my PC. Only Counter Strike and the Normal Half-Life).

As for Dead To Rights, I heard from many people that it has one of the best storylines. And GameSpot even gave it an award for the Best Storyline for a game this Year. And I DIG storylines like hell!!! and it is an action/adventure too.

I will be getting later......... Project Gotham Racing, Shenmue II, Unreal Championship, Dino Crises 3 and games like those that are XBox exclusive! :)

dan da man
Dec 25th, 2002, 04:33 PM
i got a xbox today for christmas!:)
i got the two free games, sega gt 2002 and jet set radio future, plus splinter cell, i will for sure get halo!!!! till then q1 has all the good realses in the uk!

MakgSnake
Dec 25th, 2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

i got a xbox today for christmas!:)
i got the two free games, sega gt 2002 and jet set radio future, plus splinter cell
I believe thats the EXACT stuff I'll get with my Xbox, cause two games come with it and am thinking of getting Splinter Cell and just like you, I'll get Halo for sure soon too. :) COOL

dan da man
Dec 25th, 2002, 06:33 PM
probely the only reason i picked splinter cell over all the other game selection is because i realy like mgs and splinter cell is stealth! which will probely be exciting, of course not as exciting as mgs, but thats y it won over all the other choices!

btw i looked through the instruction manual and i only saw three weapons now i hope there is more weapons in splinter cell than that!!!!!

MakgSnake
Dec 25th, 2002, 09:10 PM
I am pretty sure there will be, may be they just dont want the players to know whats in the game already. By the way, how is Jet Set Radio Future and Sega GT 2002. I heard JSRF is one hell of a game!

Frozen
Dec 25th, 2002, 10:49 PM
I'm sure you'll want Splinter Cell first, then HALO. But HALO is a MUST HAVE, sooner or later. Get DOA 3 as well.

dan da man
Dec 26th, 2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

I am pretty sure there will be, may be they just dont want the players to know whats in the game already. By the way, how is Jet Set Radio Future and Sega GT 2002. I heard JSRF is one hell of a game!

i have not played sgea gt 2002 yet, but i played JSRF, man that is a good game, its like anything is possible on it, plus the graphics are good.

btw on splinter cell i cant pick the locks any one got any tips or how to do it???? i just cant seem how to do it!

MakgSnake
Dec 26th, 2002, 04:33 PM
I cant wait for my Xbox to come home. Well today was Boxing Day, and it was CRAZEEEEEEE at BEST BUY....seriously. But with some decent deals as well on prices. I saw Unreal Championship on XBOX for only $49.99 Canadian (Actual Price is $69.99)..So I couldn't help it, and got myself that. So I already have Unreal Championship for Xbox, but havn't got the system yet. :P :roll:

Neways......So JSRF sounds even better now. Cool......

KraftSLU
Dec 26th, 2002, 05:45 PM
btw on splinter cell i cant pick the locks any one got any tips or how to do it???? i just cant seem how to do it!

when you get to the lock picking screen you need to slowly move around your left thumbstick till you find the spot where that pin starts moving. Keep your stick there and jiggle it a bit to try and pop the pin up. Just like picking an actual lock :)

dan da man
Dec 26th, 2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by KraftSLU

Just like picking an actual lock :)

how would u know that lol j/k

YMMOT
Dec 27th, 2002, 01:27 PM
I would go with Halo, or if you have lots of time, I recommend The elder scrolls III: Morrowind.

MakgSnake
Dec 27th, 2002, 03:41 PM
Nah, I dont like RPGs at all!! and even Strategy games doesn't attract me.

I already have Unreal Championship :P and I hope (guess) that with the system I will buy "Splinter Cell".... and after that the next title would be "Shenmue II"....... .. I'll see.!.

dan da man
Dec 29th, 2002, 09:12 AM
il put some tips on about what games for makgsnake to get with his xbox

splintercell- this game has realy good graphics the lot, but i just cant enjoy like mgs becuase they have made it to hard!!! i get stcuk on it every 5 mins u die to easily, maybe because i havent got the hang of it, if u like a challenege and alot of stealth i would get this game!

halo- i got this game on friday, it is a huge must get!!!!!!!!!!!!
its to good, the best FPS i have ever played on makg u should get this excelent game!!!!!!

mark0™
Dec 29th, 2002, 10:26 AM
halo- i got this game on friday, it is a huge must get!!!!!!!!!!!!
its to good, the best FPS i have ever played on makg u should get this excelent game!!!!!!

Nah, its the Best FPS on the Xbox, but the best FPS ever, doubt it, I think Half-Life is better.

dan da man
Dec 29th, 2002, 11:57 AM
well it is IMO:cool:

MakgSnake
Dec 29th, 2002, 06:38 PM
Hey, thanks Dan Da Man, for all the advice, yeah I heard from the other people from work that Splinter Cell is pretty hard, I dunno, I really wanna go with it. I know I will buy Halo (For sure eventually) but I have played alot of Halo at Friend's place so yeah.

The games I wanna get bad for Xbox are...
1.) Shenmue II
2.) Dead To Rights
3.) Halo

I will get them slowly slowly, but before I wanna get an Extra Controller for Xbox, and a Ps2 Multi-Tap with Network Adapter, a Router and I THINK Xbox Live (In the next two weeks time) :)

Edit: Oh yeah as for Best FPS, Hmmmm...I'd go for Half-Life too, but different people have different choices. Halo's great, Half-Life just just god in my opinion, and way way too ahead of its time. I wonder when will the Official Half-Life sequal would come (Not the expansion pack or anything but a true Sequal)

DSgamer
Dec 29th, 2002, 06:48 PM
makg, i've been saying that since 1999 my guess is, it will prob. come out in the next 10000 years, along with duke nukem forever and team fortress 2

mark0™
Dec 29th, 2002, 06:53 PM
yeah half-life won game of the year, its the only game i can think of that ever won it :D it was described as the closest thing to an action movie, and I certainly is. Thing about Halo is that its just constant shooting, then some really good vehicle scens (the banshee rocks, wish you got it on multiplayer) but Half-Life has more interaction with your enviroment.

I'd like a Sequel, maybe you are Gordan again and your fighting with the goverment against the Aliens again.. who knows?

MakgSnake
Dec 29th, 2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by gamer

makg, i've been saying that since 1999 my guess is, it will prob. come out in the next 10000 years, along with duke nukem forever and team fortress 2
:laugh: :laugh: I feel your pain Gamer, but its nice to see that after sooooo MANY YEARS we are getting "DOOM III", I suppose just like that we'll see a light of Half-Life and Duke Nukem!! :)

MakgSnake
Dec 31st, 2002, 05:35 PM
Ok I know that I will be getting Xbox with SegaGT and JSRF. The additional game I am getting now is Splinter Cell, but now I have a little more $$$, and thinking if I should go with Halo or Shenmue!!... Any suggestion people??? :confused: :right:

dan da man
Dec 31st, 2002, 09:34 PM
makg get halo IMO if u like constant shooting and a good story line good graphics and realistic !!!! oh glad to hear your getting a xbox and splinter cell for sure!

one question! why did they have to make splinter cell so hard!!:shock:

MakgSnake
Dec 31st, 2002, 10:11 PM

one question! why did they have to make splinter cell so hard!!:shock:
I guess because of the realism, the more realistic games will get, the more difficult it would be in the future. I really like difficult games. Man I am so excited about all these games I am gonna play.

So Halo eh?......Yeah, I think I need to have nice FPS game too, I already have Unreal Champinion, and I am thinking of getting TimeSplitters2 on Ps2.

But I really love Shenmue II, I mean......its a game I have been dying to play all my life. It didn't get the best of reviews though, 85% and so.......still I want that game. I guess it'll be a last second call, while I am buying all the stuff. :D

Pain-4_Pleasure
Dec 31st, 2002, 10:12 PM
Get MGS2: Substance :D

At ebgames.com it's 20 bucks :shock:

MakgSnake
Dec 31st, 2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Pain-4_Pleasure

Get MGS2: Substance :D

At ebgames.com it's 20 bucks :shock:
I was going to, but I am going to wait for a better version of "Substance" on the Ps2. :) ......

Pain-4_Pleasure
Jan 1st, 2003, 03:51 AM
Lemme guess, the horrid slowdown, right? :D

dan da man
Jan 1st, 2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Pain-4_Pleasure

Lemme guess, the horrid slowdown, right? :D

i heard about this!! can some explain it into more detail?

MakgSnake
Jan 1st, 2003, 12:27 PM

i heard about this!! can some explain it into more detail?
Well, there are extreme slowdowns in the Xbox version of Substance, not throughout the game but at some points of it. Because although its just a simple port, it doesn't even look like that. It feels like the game is using an emulator to work on Xbox and those slowdowns are bad. I usually ignore stuff like this, but hey we are talking about Metal Gear Solid here. I cant put this aside for a gem like that.

Stunna
Jan 1st, 2003, 06:42 PM
i own a xbox and im all bout the xbox go with splinter cell,halo, and depending on what games you like,get either ghost recon,unreal championship,or some sega sports titles if ur going online.

MakgSnake
Jan 4th, 2003, 03:41 PM
Yeaaahh.. I got myself an Xbox Finally. Well this is what I got.

Xbox with 1 Controller S
Bought another Controller S
Sega GT 2002 (Came with the Xbox)
Jet Set Radio Future (Came with the Xbox)
Splinter Cell
Halo
Unreal Champinioship (Bought that few days back)

Till now its pretty nice. I am enjoying all the games. Splinter Cell is really cool (but not better then MGS at all, I dont know from where people got that). Oh well..... its a beautiful game and Sam has some nice moves as we all know.

I am a little confused, as I still have saved some money, should I buy Shenmue II or StarFox Adventure........ or Dead To Rights for Xbox.

Damn.
But still. Its all good now! :)

Thank you all people who gave me advices in this thread, thanks alot, seriously! :D ..... You guys were great!

DSgamer
Jan 4th, 2003, 04:11 PM
buy starfox adventures

dan da man
Jan 4th, 2003, 04:42 PM
welldone makg, that is a nice package u got, u got the same package as me , (accept for UC) cool:cool:

MakgSnake
Jan 4th, 2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by gamer

buy starfox adventures
I know Star Fox Adventrues is better game as it also got better reviews then Shenmue II, but Shenmue is kinda game I have been dying to play for a very very long time.

And dan, yup I think most of the people who bought their Xboxes this year got those two games (Halo/Splinter Cell) with them. They are they best on the system. By the way UC is an amazing game too! Wow.

dan da man
Jan 4th, 2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

By the way UC is an amazing game too! Wow.

should i get it?
because i will get xbox live in march when it comes out in the uk!
i heard UC is excelent on XBL

MakgSnake
Jan 7th, 2003, 06:19 PM

should i get it?
because i will get xbox live in march when it comes out in the uk!
i heard UC is excelent on XBL
Well I dont have Live and still I think its pretty amazing and I heard with LIVE that game is Off The Hook, so when you get LIVE....... make sure to get UC...... trust me.

Edit: I got "Starfox Adventures" today, and most probably by tonight I'll have "Fuzion Frenzy" as well for the Xbox. That game is a great multi-player game.

WESON
Jan 8th, 2003, 01:40 PM
:cool: Xbox pads aren't to bad they're similar to the dreamcasts.

GT2002 is a good game don't get me wrong it's just the graphics are quite jaggie (something to with the refresh rates).

Jet set radio future rocks.

The sound on the xbox is awesome. The gamecubes is quite good too.