PDA

View Full Version : !?!?!Disc Read Error!?!?!

ToxicUK
Dec 22nd, 2002, 03:20 PM
OK my PS2 is playing DVD movies and most games fine. But games with the blue bottom it just wont pick up at all and this is peein#g me off because i wanna play my star wars game!!! Help what can i do because its not got a warranty or naything!!!!!

dan da man
Dec 22nd, 2002, 03:42 PM
i dont know what the problem is, but it might be broke, best get a ps2 expert to check it out, have u had the console chipped?

Nelo Angelo
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:23 PM
I'd recommend taking it back to the store and getting a new one.

Dr.Doom
Dec 22nd, 2002, 06:10 PM
You should clean it with a cd cleaner and clean the van at the back

hope that helps

dan da man
Dec 22nd, 2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Nelo Angelo

I'd recommend taking it back to the store and getting a new one.

he just said hes got know warranty.

Zone
Dec 22nd, 2002, 10:55 PM
I had the same problem with my PS2. Some of my games wouldn't work. Then it got worse, until I always received the "Disc Read Error" message for every game. I called Sony and they offered to fix it for free because it was defective (lense). If your PS2 is a SCHP-30001 model then you probably have the same problem.

ToxicUK
Dec 30th, 2002, 03:05 PM
I have cleaned it it dosent work, its not that model number and when i rang sony they just said run a cd lens cleaner through it again so i dunno. I bought it when it first came out and i had a sort of 1 year warranty with it but thats passed long ago so i dunno what to do. Also one other hting is puzzling me - what is the expansion bay at the back of the ps2 and whats it for?

fantasywave
Jan 1st, 2003, 03:04 PM
There are different versions of PS2. Mine was version 5, (Newest in America), and version 7 was the newest version in Japan. If you have bought your PS2 the day it came out, you are in deep trouble. It is said that version 1-3 PS2s have laser problems and won't last long. However, the problem was fixed in version 4-7 PS2s.

MADRUCKIS
Jan 18th, 2003, 05:14 PM
^ACK^

This is true, I have two freinds wo's machines have been on the fritz. Both bought it when it first came out....

1's ps2 doesn't read newer games. It only plays the older ones.
He doesn't play with it anymore

the 2nd is failing to play the newer games too. he bought sims and its not reading it..

I bought mine a few months after em, so mine might start actin up soon too, I'm not sure what model it is though

rocker_adam
Feb 10th, 2003, 08:27 PM
ya the same thing had happened to me. my ps2 wouldnt play the blue cd games. what i did was i called sony and they had gave an adress to send my ps2 to and like 5 days later i got it back and ever since all games work!!!:phew: and guess what... it was free to get fixed!!! thanks sony

sk8er_kyle
Feb 12th, 2003, 11:28 PM
Mine does that to. Blue cd games dont work on my ps2. And a couple of my PS1 games dont work. I think my warranty has ended so im screwd. Oh well most of the good games are not blue cd.:ghost:

rocker_adam
Feb 13th, 2003, 07:16 PM
well kyle u should call sony like i did to get ur system fixed:laugh:

rpgKing
Feb 14th, 2003, 12:48 PM
mine did that to after a couple months or so. Try this open the lid but dont insert the cd blue bottom yet. press trinagle. go to the top choice press what ever is required turn the diagnosis on. exit out to the main menu insert the blue bottom and go to Browser.

IF that doesnt help then I have no idea.

dan da man
Feb 14th, 2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by sk8er_kyle

Mine does that to. Blue cd games dont work on my ps2. And a couple of my PS1 games dont work. I think my warranty has ended so im screwd. Oh well most of the good games are not blue cd.:ghost:

Never heard of that problem before, seeing as your warranty has run out, ring sony and ask how you can fix this......

ToxicUK
Apr 30th, 2003, 02:43 PM
OK apparantley the only way to fix it anyways even though i got it done professionally is adjusting the lens voltage. Please do it if youre an electrician otherwise DONT...