PDA

View Full Version : MGS2 Soundtrack 2: The Other Side

merylsilverburg
Feb 19th, 2002, 06:40 PM
Woohoo! I got MGS2's second soundtrack, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty Soundtrack 2: The Other Side. The cover has Raiden on it and the music basically consists of the in-game music. It's really nice, but I still like the MGS2 original. There are 20 tracks in all:

001: Tanker Incident
002: The Elevator up to Hell
003: Vamp's Dance
004: Infiltration
005: Battle
006: Peter's Theme
007: Countdown to Disaster
008: Lady Luck Revisited
009: Yell "Dead Cell"
010: Metal Gear's Already Active!
011: Arms Depot
012: Memories of Hal
013: Twilight Sniping
014: Will the Virus Still Work?
015: Comradeship
016: Reminiscence
017: Arsenal's Guts
018: Prelude to the Denouement
019: Father and Son
020: Freedom to Decide

Personally, I like track 001, 004, 011, 012, 016, and 020. They sound really nice, especially the saxophones and piano. :)

Mercury Shadow
Feb 20th, 2002, 06:36 AM
Awesome! Where did you get the cd? and how much did it cost? Also is the theme music to MGS2 on the cd? I really want to get it!

merylsilverburg
Feb 20th, 2002, 08:39 PM
Well Merc, I got it when I went out of town to this Japanese Store on President's Day. I'm not exactly sure of the cost because the prices were in Japanese Yen, so I don't exactly know. The theme song of MGS2 is on the first original soundtrack; this one basically consists of BGM. The theme song is terrific, isn't it? I always hear it, since it's my favorite song on the whole album. :)

GaseousSnake
Feb 21st, 2002, 06:57 PM
Cool.Ill do anything for that CD

merylsilverburg
Feb 21st, 2002, 08:26 PM
Um...well, I don't know which CD you're talking about, GaseousSnake, but if you're talking about the Original Soundtrack, then YEAH! Everyone's gotta get that album. I'd say definitely get that, then, unless you're not a big fan, get the "Other Side" album. If you like BGM, MGS2: Soundtrack 2: The Other Side is the one for you. I don't like the BGM as much, I just got this album 'cause it completes my set. (Yeah, I'm a freak. :) )

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 21st, 2002, 09:38 PM
Burn me a copy of the cd:D

MakgSnake
Feb 22nd, 2002, 08:55 AM
Arrghh...Why Am I Not Surprised That "Meryl" Out Of All People On These Forums Has The ALBUMS Of Metal Gear Solid 2. I Told Ya Ure Sooooo Lucky. U Have The Limited Edition MGS2 Box And Now This. WOW.!.

Same Here I'd Do Anything To Get My HANDS On Anything Of MGS. Even If Its A Small MGS Lighter!.!

I Highly Doubt I Can Get This Over Here In Pakistan. But I'll Try Reaching It When I Head Back To Canada In The Jap Market. They Usually Have All These Rare Stuff!.!

But Congrats Meryl. Dam*n Ure Lucky!!!!! :)

GaseousSnake
Feb 22nd, 2002, 05:08 PM
I guess i betta start saving some dough

merylsilverburg
Feb 22nd, 2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake
Arrghh...Why Am I Not Surprised That "Meryl" Out Of All People On These Forums Has The ALBUMS Of Metal Gear Solid 2. I Told Ya Ure Sooooo Lucky. U Have The Limited Edition MGS2 Box And Now This. WOW.!.

Same Here I'd Do Anything To Get My HANDS On Anything Of MGS. Even If Its A Small MGS Lighter!.!

I Highly Doubt I Can Get This Over Here In Pakistan. But I'll Try Reaching It When I Head Back To Canada In The Jap Market. They Usually Have All These Rare Stuff!.!

But Congrats Meryl. Dam*n Ure Lucky!!!!! :)

Thanks Makg! I may have the Limited MGS2 Box, but you've got the MGS one, and it's in English!! I would really like to get all the MGS related stuff. I wonder if they made actual dog tags? Oh man! That would be so COOL! :cool: When you get back to Canada, hurry and get one, it's a terrific album! I only got this when I happened to be in that Japanese store, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten it so easily. I go on a rampage when I see things I like. Money problems? Nah.....:D :D

merylsilverburg
Feb 22nd, 2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by GaseousSnake
I guess i betta start saving some dough

Though I'm not exactly sure of the price, I think it's only $20. Probably because it's only BGM, so it's not that much. I know $20 sounds like a lot, but for a whole album, especially a Japanese one.....that's REALLY cheap. Most albums I buy costs $45.00-$50.00! :eek:

MakgSnake
Feb 24th, 2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
I wonder if they made actual dog tags?
Well Are U Talking About Metal Gear Dog Tags As In "Metal Gear Solid" Written On It. With Another Extra One On Which It Says "Konami". I Got That With The Limited Edition Box, But I Am Such A FOOL Because While I Was Going Out With This GIRL And Was In A Serious Relationship, She Asked Me For My Metal Gear Dog Tag And My METAL GEAR SOLID T-SHIRT, And I Gave It To Her. And Now We Are OVER. I Hate Her, And Regret That I Gave All That STUFF TO HER. I Live In Canada Now And She Lives In India. Arrghhh!! Makes Me MAD Everytime I Think About It!.! Uffff, I Am Such A FOOL!!!! :mad: :mad: :frust: :frust:

GaseousSnake
Feb 24th, 2002, 07:40 PM
Dont Worry Makg,you will get a new one InshAllah.

merylsilverburg
Feb 24th, 2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Well Are U Talking About Metal Gear Dog Tags As In "Metal Gear Solid" Written On It. With Another Extra One On Which It Says "Konami". I Got That With The Limited Edition Box, But I Am Such A FOOL Because While I Was Going Out With This GIRL And Was In A Serious Relationship, She Asked Me For My Metal Gear Dog Tag And My METAL GEAR SOLID T-SHIRT, And I Gave It To Her. And Now We Are OVER. I Hate Her, And Regret That I Gave All That STUFF TO HER. I Live In Canada Now And She Lives In India. Arrghhh!! Makes Me MAD Everytime I Think About It!.! Uffff, I Am Such A FOOL!!!! :mad: :mad: :frust: :frust:

OMIGOD! DUDE! What the hell were you thinking? Okay, man, no offense, but she totally screwed you over! I'm feeling really sorry for you right now. God! I can't stand girls sometimes! And what the hell did she need the dog tag and shirt for? Oh man....I bet she asked you in order to give it to a pal of hers or something! Ugh! Now....if I were a dude, I'd never give anything that precious to a girl. Oooh! It's making ME mad thinkin' about it! :mad:

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 26th, 2002, 05:51 PM
Yeah that must of really sucked badly makg.I'm not going to make any mistakes and give my stuff away