PDA

View Full Version : what is it for

Ninja
Dec 20th, 2002, 12:30 AM
guys does anyone know what the shaver does because i got it in the begining of the plant chapter and it doesn't do anything

oh btw this is my first post

Plug 4
Dec 20th, 2002, 12:04 PM
yeah when the first time u see snake as raiden well raiden will give him the shaver and next time u see snake...youll notice something

ssjtrunks13
Dec 20th, 2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Plug 4

yeah when the first time u see snake as raiden well raiden will give him the shaver and next time u see snake...youll notice something

I couldn't tell that anything was different.

DSgamer
Dec 20th, 2002, 03:04 PM
thanks for the help

EDIT:oops, used my bro's account

mark0™
Dec 20th, 2002, 04:39 PM
If you manage to get the shaver and give it to Snake, this happens...

When you team up with Snake after the torture sequence when Snake gives you the sword, his beard will be shaved off, thats all!

dan da man
Dec 21st, 2002, 12:50 PM
how do u give him the sahver?

Vicious
Dec 21st, 2002, 08:17 PM
The shaver is in the first room u start off in. If u get it u will automatically give Snake the shaver( the cutscene where u first see Vamp and u meet Snake).

mark0™
Dec 21st, 2002, 08:26 PM
I think you need to play on hard or harder as well to get it.

Frozen
Dec 26th, 2002, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by mark0

I think you need to play on hard or harder as well to get it.

Not true. The first time I played this game was in Normal and I was able to do it by then.

Plug 4
Jan 2nd, 2003, 09:24 PM
u can get the shaver at any level of difficulty and snake wont have his beard anymore next time u see him

Dark Angel
Jan 13th, 2003, 06:01 PM
Nah I'm with the fact that you can only get it on Hard or harder difficulty, as I've played all through V.Easy, Easy, Normal and Hard on the PAL version (and past that point in Extreme) and the shaver has only been there on Hard and Extreme, might be something to do with the region variations but I doubt it....

dan da man
Jan 13th, 2003, 06:05 PM
yea i played it on easy (mine is the pal version) and i searched everywhere but i didnt find the shaver, im sure its only in the harder difficulty levels.

mark0™
Jan 13th, 2003, 08:39 PM
Yup, its got to be Hard or Extreme, because in Easy (maybe in normal too, not sure) you get the M9 Tranquiliser underneath something in the starting room, but on Harder, you can get the Shaver near the part next to the water were the Deep Sea Diving suits are.

This may be wrong lol.