PDA

View Full Version : i just got max payne........... which one? devil may cry or max payne?

solidus-snake
Feb 19th, 2002, 02:09 PM
its not as good as they say it is, i still think devil may cry is better and i only like the fact u can listen into peoples convesations and then kick there ass's for dissin u lol..... also the grafix arent that good but that dont matter much but i would prefer smoother grafix.... let me hear what u all think
which 1 do u think is better devil may cry or max payne post here
also say y!!!!! i wanna know
i vote dmc it has smoother grafix and i like the sort of supernatural gameplay than mobsters and stuff. dmc is not freaky or scary but i think max payne is freaky when ur stuck in the bad dreams and u have to find ur family through long corridors and to follow trails of blood of ur own freakin family....ew.... aint that sick or what!!!!

JC Denton
Feb 19th, 2002, 04:28 PM
on the pc max payne was great. i liked it because it didn't have monsters and stuff.its good that it didn't....and i have never played devil may cry so i cant say which is better though in the games master top 50 games of 2001 max payne came 4th and devil may cry came only came 38th.

i thought the dreams in max payne were great,but, yes they were freaky.

bullet time is brilliant:D

Mercury Shadow
Feb 19th, 2002, 04:54 PM
Max payne was real short, and real easy. Kinda sucks to spend $40 on it, although it was a real fun game. Bullet time was what seperated it from the rest of the 3rd person shooters.

I've never played DMC, and what shyed me away from it is that it's made by the Resident evil people. I hate RE games personally. So does DMC bare any resemblence to the RE series?

JC Denton
Feb 19th, 2002, 05:04 PM
i knew it was short so i borrowed it, that way you cant lose,

Reid
Feb 19th, 2002, 07:17 PM
I haven't played Max Payne on PS2 yet, but on computer it was awesome.
Devil May Cry is really good too.
I think I liked Max Payne a bit more though, because I'm more into mafia stuff than supernatural, and the movies and voice acting in Max Payne was a lot better than in Devil May Cry.

solidus-snake
Feb 20th, 2002, 01:21 PM
devil may cry isnt like RE its much better, the fact that they put dante with guns AND a sword was great, u can then have a wide selection of attacks to use then u can also punch and kick!
the fact that u can use the sword and different guns at nearly the same time is cool like: u use the attack high tide (use an uppercut with the sword) so the enemy stays in the air and then to use the two handguns to keep the enemy in the air so hes kinda floatin is a cool mix. it dont work with all enemys though which makes em a bit more of a challenge to kill! in a weird way hes kinda like cloud (ff7) the moves resemble him but theres more to do eg high tide while jumping then to do a smash down with the sword kinda like his clouds first limit what ever it was called!

solidus-snake
Feb 20th, 2002, 01:27 PM
the only real annoying thing on max payne is that stupid facial expression he always has when u press pause and also the same one when hes on top of that buildin at the start of the game..... what is it with that expression?...................whats he so puzzled about?

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 26th, 2002, 06:18 PM
I would take DMC over max payne anyday

Mercury Shadow
Feb 26th, 2002, 07:15 PM
no, the only thing that's annoying are the damn puzzles between chapters! they took me hours!!!!!!!!!!!

Serj
Feb 27th, 2002, 10:30 PM
DMC is my pick. Dont get me wrong, Max Payne is a good game but a good game only on the PC. I didn't like it for the PS2. It's better to play the game with a keyboard and mouse.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 28th, 2002, 08:35 AM
Max Payne is pretty good on the xbox too

Serj
Feb 28th, 2002, 07:08 PM
Was it hard to play Max Payne with that Fat Controller?

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 28th, 2002, 07:32 PM
Actually i adapted to it pretty quick

Spirit
Feb 28th, 2002, 09:17 PM
both are great games, but I can't really say which is better since I beat both, but I like DMC better, due to the amount of time I spent on it (a lot more than on MP since I played it and beat it at my friend's house)

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 1st, 2002, 11:25 PM
Max payne doesn't have the greatest replay value take that into factor

solidus-snake
Mar 16th, 2002, 07:09 AM
i hated max payne so i traded it for mgs2 i love it but do u think i did the right thing? do u think mgs2 is better?

JC Denton
Mar 17th, 2002, 04:16 PM
i personally have never played mgs2 but from what i heard you did the right thing,
if you think about it in terms of hours of fun you would get much more out of mgs2 because max payne is so short.
it only took me about 7 or 8 hours and i like to play games slowly.

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 17th, 2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Serj
Was it hard to play Max Payne with that Fat Controller?

Don't be a fanboy.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 17th, 2002, 08:32 PM
The controller is big but truthfully i didnt have the problem i thought i would have.Only on halo was a bit aggrivating but otherwise it was fine.

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 18th, 2002, 12:11 AM
Of course if you're used to the dualshock the Xbox controller seems big at first. But I thought it was a great controller. They have a smaller one coming out too.

DEADPOOL623
Mar 18th, 2002, 01:32 AM
Personally, I liked Devil May Cry. It's not all that long, but the grafics and gameplay are excellent, the controls are easy to use and the story is pretty darn interesting. I like killing monsters as much as I like killing mobsters and such, i.e. I LOVED GTA3, however the whole sword and gun angle that DMC has, coupled with the sick combos and moves you can do make it, in my opinion, a much better game.

I liked Max Payne a little bit, not a lot, I liked the story, but the grafics were not all that great, and the controlls sucked. every game I've played where the charecter is on the screen, like resident evil, GTA3, etc. has one analog stick for walking/running in any direction and I guess I'm just used to that. The bullett time is BRILLIANT, I must confess, however it suffers because of the way the rest of the game is set up.:ghost: