halo
doom series
metroid prime

ZeroBeat77
Dec 18th, 2002, 01:24 AM
i say it's all bout doom and halo for me

Frozen
Dec 18th, 2002, 04:17 AM
Watch that double posting, you don't want the admins or mods in your back :laugh:

I don't know why the hell does people keep comparing Metroid Prime with other FPS games... well, I have just answered myself, because most of people think of MP as a FPS when it's a FPA, and there's a huge difference right there.

HALO owns Doom big time, but then it'd be hard to make a comparisson between HALO and Prime.

Both are absolutely awsome games on their own rights, both have given me a good challenge and both have been as fun as hell.

Infernal Mass
Dec 18th, 2002, 08:05 AM
well i just got halo , and the game owns me right now. :ahoy: I started on Heroic..legendary is next.

Beretta55
Dec 18th, 2002, 11:04 AM
metroid prime own's them all IMO. but between halo and doom i have to go with halo i really never liked doom.

dan da man
Dec 18th, 2002, 11:27 AM
halo

Daedaelus
Dec 18th, 2002, 01:36 PM
Prime owns j00 (and all of the other games you mentioned) ;)

Vicious
Dec 18th, 2002, 06:16 PM
I'd say a tie btw Prime and Halo because Prime is a better game but Halo has a pretty good multiplayer and cooperative.

mark0™
Dec 18th, 2002, 06:57 PM
Never did like Doom too much, but its pretty decent, Halo... seems a little overrated too me, Sure i love the game, the story is kinda bad, multiplayer rocks, but the game is basically Just shoot em up, you can do a little sneaking, but your better jus killing them all. Also it seemed really repetive, the level the Library! I didnt enjoy Treading through what seemed to be a repeating background while having to kill wave after wave of flood :frust: I hate the flood so much, hope they are dropped in Halo 2, I'd like the main enemy in Halo 2 to be the Covenant. As for Prime, yet to play it, gonna buy it very soon after christmas.

kupoartist
Dec 19th, 2002, 01:55 PM
umm, surely comparing Doom to Halo is a little unfair... its a bit like comparing the creation of the Wheel to the discovery of the atom bomb... The last Doom game must have been made about a year before Quake 1, so we're talking about a seven year gap between it and the other games ^_^

Doom doesn't measure up to any of them particuarly (bad storyline/ no storyline, dated gameplay and ye olde graphics)... unless you want to claim that "the other 2 wouldn't exist if there was no Doom" or that "Doom 3 looks better than every other game on the planet" which are both true... but hey!

and in the absence of a like for Doom, or an experience of either Halo or Metriod Prime (one day someone will finally prove that controlling with a mouse and keyboard makes you better... ie, when are either out on PC? :P ) i'm going to annoy you all by saying that Unreal was always better :happy:

Infernal Mass
Dec 19th, 2002, 10:19 PM
i agree with the_artist it's a little unfair when comparing the two as far as graphics. When it comes to plot and overall action though i'm going with Halo.

I haven't played prime yet, but I doubt it can measure up to the battle in a corridor of the Pillar of Autum(last level,Maw). The Flood, the Covenant, and the Monitors Drones all in the same corridor fighting.

Frozen
Dec 20th, 2002, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by DigiMortal

i agree with the_artist it's a little unfair when comparing the two as far as graphics. When it comes to plot and overall action though i'm going with Halo.

I haven't played prime yet, but I doubt it can measure up to the battle in a corridor of the Pillar of Autum(last level,Maw). The Flood, the Covenant, and the Monitors Drones all in the same corridor fighting.

But here it comes the fact that there is such a little comparisson between MP and HALO... where in a game like Metroid something as the example you posted, is somethign that really does not matter at all, and if it does, it's very, very little what it does. Or maybe I'm missing your point.

But hell yeah, something that made me enjoy that game so much was to wait and see how those idiots killed each other so I just came and finished up what remained of each :evil:

But this comparisson between these games really feels like if you were comparing CONTRA with Super Metroid. Sure, they can be both side-scrolling, but the dinamycs on the games are COMPLETELY different.

Infernal Mass
Dec 20th, 2002, 05:41 AM
When i reached that corridor where all hell was breaking loose, rather than waiting for everyone to kill eachother. I jumped right the middle of that mess. I was standing right behind a Hunter shooting the drones and keeping the flood a fair distance away, until i started getting shot from from behind by a small group of covenant hiding behind two of those shield barriers . I took them out.. but by the time i turned around that hunter had taken out 2 of the drones and had been killed by the flood...that's the type of action Halo excels at.

Frozen
Dec 21st, 2002, 01:55 AM
And it's funny to see how those Hunters seem to be nearly invincible the first time you encounter them, but when you find their weak point they turn out to be almost unofensive if you know how to deal with them. (BTW, the Flood is the worst thing ever invented in the history of videogames, I've never fought before such an annoying enemy as these)

It is very true that a game like MP would hardly manage a game of the magnitude of HALO, yet, having played and beaten both games, I can safely say that MP does not mean to be "less" than HALO even if it is not capable to manage such "full packed action", since it really does not need to, given the mechanics of the game, in which the action is taken from a very different angle. It is actually hard for me to explain this, I guess you'll notice it yourself when you play the game in deep.

Infernal Mass
Dec 22nd, 2002, 09:41 AM
those hunters are fairly simple to deal with once you know the trick. It's those red elite guards that give me the most problems out of all the covenant. They're relentless with the plasma rifle and have good armor.

the flood are annoying as hell i agree. Especially the pod ones that explode :laugh:...i can remember numerous occasions when i'd throw a grenade and they'd fly out of the explosion and blow up right in front of me. :disturb: ..then some of the other ones get up after i shoot them down, and slap me in the back of the head with they're tentacles or whatever.

When i get a cube i'm going to have to buy Prime along with it. That's not going to be for quite awhile though..maybe around april of next year. I'm deffinately going to have to play that game though. It's tough luck too, none of my friends own a cube they only have ps2s and xboxs..:disturb:

mark0™
Dec 22nd, 2002, 10:07 AM
Hunters are too easy to beat, heres a little strtegy, ill spoiler it incase you may not want to know...

Hunters are very slow, you can kill them with one well place pistol round, run up in front of a hunter, and he should charge at you, jump away to the side to dodge him, turn around, and shoot the orange part on his back, his back will be turned for about 3 seconds or so, long enough. These orange parts are the weak point, they have a few of them, one on they're face whcih is usually blocked (if your sniping them, go for that point) but the orange patch on his back is biggest and easiest to get to with my lil guide. If you hit him directly on the orange, he will die with the single shot.