PDA

View Full Version : yep

happy_doughnut
Dec 16th, 2002, 07:09 PM
Hmm... I was looking at some anime titles the other day, and then began to wonder; is there an anime that's really, really depressing ? No, don't look at me like that :mad: I'm just curious. I know that GotF was very sad... but more. I want tears :evil:

Ahem. So, yes... do you know of any good, sad anime ? If so, please post away ! :happy:

merylsilverburg
Dec 17th, 2002, 12:33 AM
Well Mena, if GotF didn't do anything for you, then I don't know what else to recommend! :laugh:

It really depends on how emotional you are though. Like for me (others may not think so) Cowboy Bebop was unusually sad for me. I know that I became depressed for about a week and a half, so much that I skipped school all those days. :disturb:

But uh...since I'm a big emotional type, all the stupid little things will get me sad. Here is what I'd say though:

Fushigi Yuugi: This series is just drama, from beginning to end...I know I cried many times watching this anime...

Cowboy Bebop: Yeah, uh...like I said above. It's just such a sad realistic outlook on life....not good for people who have a large amount of empathy.

Heh...that's about all I can think about...right now. Hopefully someone else can help you more. :)

LaiN
Dec 17th, 2002, 03:41 AM
What is GotF??:peoples:

Qjij_jijQ
Dec 17th, 2002, 06:11 AM
That's what I would like to know. :disturb:

Meryl, you really skipped school for a weak because you were sad ?!?
You are a lot more 'emotional' than I thought...

Rei
Dec 17th, 2002, 08:42 AM
GotF is Grave of the Fireflies, just to let you know.

I'm not talking about tears, but I've found that Serial Experiments Lain is really depressing.
And Evangelion is pretty sad too.

ssjtrunks13
Dec 17th, 2002, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
It really depends on how emotional you are though. Like for me (others may not think so) Cowboy Bebop was unusually sad for me. I know that I became depressed for about a week and a half, so much that I skipped school all those days.
I cry sometimes when there is a relationship between two characters and they only realize they love eachother and get together towrds the end. (I'm a sap for that sorta stuff)

Frozen
Dec 17th, 2002, 11:34 AM
Seisou-hen OAV's, anyone? Maybe it's not a good idea to watch those if you have not previously sen the whole RK series, but, to telll you the truth, I have never cried so much while watching an anime, really. I cried several times watching tose, specially the second movie. Trust and Betrayal are very sad as well, but not as sad as the other 2.

Qjij_jijQ
Dec 17th, 2002, 03:10 PM
That's another thing... what do you find to be the most 'sad' in an anime ?

- People dying ?
- Unspoken love ?
- Betrayal ?
- Loneliness ?
- etc.

Rei
Dec 17th, 2002, 04:35 PM
I think it's the atmosphere of an anime that's sad or the depressing, not the fact somebody dies or there's any kind of betrayal in themselves. There are some series that are not necessarily sad to me, but in them there are all the elements you mentioned.

merylsilverburg
Dec 17th, 2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Qjij_jijQ

That's what I would like to know. :disturb:

Meryl, you really skipped school for a weak because you were sad ?!?
You are a lot more 'emotional' than I thought...

I hope you don't mean anything by what you said and putting quotations around "emotional"...I know it sounds pathetic for me to do that, but I have my reasons why I'm so friggin' emotional. BTW, Qjij where have you been?!?! I actually wondered where you were all this time. :)

Frozen: OMG, tell me about it....if I didn't pull myself together, I'd probably be depressed for a whole month....since the RK series is my absolute fav. and what happened in the Seisou-hen came as a total shock to me.

Qjij_jijQ
Dec 18th, 2002, 08:30 AM
Meh... you're not pathetic Meryl. I guess I was just surprised that someone could get so 'involved' in an anime... guess it only means you have a big heart ! ( which isn't sucha bad thing, ya know ;) )

Since you ask... I've been really busy lately. When I'm not at college, I'm working... and since I was having my final exams these past few days, I barely had time for anything. :P

Anyway, I think you're right... the climax in an anime can pretty much set the whole tone of it. Plus, I don't know for you people, but the drawings are important to me too... I simply can't take an anime with bad graphics seriously.

Cannibal Clown
Dec 18th, 2002, 11:26 AM
Many parts of Tenkuu no Escaflowne were quite depressing, but i don't know if that will really do it for you. But it can make you really feel sad while watching it at times. but that's my opinion i guess.