PDA

View Full Version : Metroid Prime question

Vicious
Dec 15th, 2002, 07:17 PM
I've read tons of reviews of this game, and this is definately a must buy game. I just have one question, does it have multiplayer? :shock:

Beretta55
Dec 15th, 2002, 07:19 PM
what are you doing here!? get off your ass and go buy the game now!:laugh: but yes it's worth buying one of the best game's of the year IMO. and no there is no muti but you dont need it the game is good anyway.

ssjtrunks13
Dec 15th, 2002, 08:03 PM
I was kinda hoping it would be like the Metroid games for the gameboy. Is it as good as those?

Beretta55
Dec 15th, 2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

I was kinda hoping it would be like the Metroid games for the gameboy. Is it as good as those?
it's a first person mode game. so it wont be any side screen thing it's full FPS. but it's the best metoird title to date IMO.

Daedaelus
Dec 15th, 2002, 09:26 PM
No, Metroid Prime does not have multi-player. The good thing is that you don't need it. You will have so much stuff to unlock and find, you're just going to be so busy with that.

Frozen
Dec 16th, 2002, 01:45 AM
Yeah, Metroid is the sort of game that you really can give a damn if it has multi player or not, since the fun on the game is not based in that type of entertainment. Why? Because IT IS NOT FPS. It is FPA. If you are thinking you'll find something like HALO, Perfect Dark, Half-Life, etc. Metroid is definitely NOT that kind of game.

and to come and compare it with other Metroid games, this one easily wipes off the floor with the others. IMO is definitely a MUST HAVE for every GameCube owner.

MakgSnake
Dec 16th, 2002, 01:50 AM
I suppose its as good as Medal Of Honor: Frontline for Ps2, I was quite disappointed when I saw no Multi Player option, but the game itself is sooooo amazing that I didn't really care of it.

I guess its the same for Metroid Prime. It sure is one "BEAUTIFUL" game.

Uchiha Sasuke
Dec 16th, 2002, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

I suppose its as good as Medal Of Honor: Frontline for Ps2, I was quite disappointed when I saw no Multi Player option, but the game itself is sooooo amazing that I didn't really care of it.

I guess its the same for Metroid Prime. It sure is one "BEAUTIFUL" game.

Makg please don't compare frontline and prime.Frontline doesn't even hold a finger to prime in any aspect.Prime is very very in depth,and the attention to detail is amazing,while frontline is more of a water downed version of the pc game allied assault with different levels.Oh and liquid there is no multi play but you will over look and not care about it trust me.

MakgSnake
Dec 16th, 2002, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by SSSnake

Oh and liquid there is no multi play but you will over look and not care about it trust me.
Thats all what I was saying, I over looked as well and didn't care about the multi play for MOH: Frontline. Simple, you misunderstood my previous post SSSnake.

Daedaelus
Dec 16th, 2002, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Frozen

and to come and compare it with other Metroid games, this one easily wipes off the floor with the others. IMO is definitely a MUST HAVE for every GameCube owner.

All of them except the NES Metroid ;)

ssjtrunks13
Dec 16th, 2002, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Frostman445
it's a first person mode game. so it wont be any side screen thing it's full FPS. but it's the best metoird title to date IMO.

I knew it was a FPS game, I was just wondering if it was as good as the others. When I saw the commercials for Metroid Prime and saw it was that kind of game I started thinking about how the others were side scrolling games and was kinda dissapointed at the fact it wasn't like the other games and how I would have liked it to be like the other games seeing as I have never played any of the others and probably never will. If it as good as you say it must be worth renting it if I ever get Gamecube.

Frozen
Dec 16th, 2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Iguana

All of them except the NES Metroid ;)

Actually that game sucked. :B

Daedaelus
Dec 16th, 2002, 04:11 PM

Actually that game sucked. :B

:shock: :shock: Explanation please.

dan da man
Dec 16th, 2002, 05:53 PM
^
^
read makg post carefully!! he is not comparing them, he was saying a example when moh frontline had no multiplayer but the game was still worth it!

Frozen
Dec 16th, 2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Iguana

:shock: :shock: Explanation please.

Well, to tell you the truth, I never happened to experience it when it was out for the NES. The very first metroid I ever played was Super Metroid, and whenever I got the chance of playing the first one, I could not think anything else but "this game sucks"

When, after having played Prime, and then go back to Supe Metroid, I still think and feel that Super Metroid is OUTSTANDING.

Daedaelus
Dec 16th, 2002, 08:25 PM

Well, to tell you the truth, I never happened to experience it when it was out for the NES. The very first metroid I ever played was Super Metroid, and whenever I got the chance of playing the first one, I could not think anything else but "this game sucks"

When, after having played Prime, and then go back to Supe Metroid, I still think and feel that Super Metroid is OUTSTANDING.

Ok, in your case, you can say that the NES Metroid "sucks", but for me, it was the first game to get me so enchanted with Metroid, leading all the way up to Metroid Prime.

Frozen
Dec 16th, 2002, 09:13 PM
Yes, I know what you say, it can be said that Metroid is a great game "on it's own right".

Nonetheless, Metroid Prime gotm e more excited and fascinated than the others in it's own moment, know what I mean? Although it's followed quite closely by Super Metroid.