PDA

View Full Version : How loud is your PS2 fan?

Sleazy P Martini
Feb 18th, 2002, 09:48 PM
I'm just wondering how loud the fan is in your PS2. My wife was playing Harvest Moon and suddenly I heard the fan "BRRRRRRR". It doesn't sound that bad, and the game plays fine, I just never noticed it before. Anyone know what I mean?

Sleazy P Martini
Feb 18th, 2002, 11:08 PM
Ok an update. Its seems the fan runs constantly while playing Harvest Moon (CD). All my other games run fine without the fan going off (both CD and DVD). I'm really curious as to why this is happening. Perhaps someone *cough* PS2Fantasy staff *cough* :D who has Harvest Moon could see if this also happens in their machine.

Mercury Shadow
Feb 19th, 2002, 05:50 PM
Auctually, I have the same problem with Madden 2002 while loading it... loud as hell noises that sound like it's broken.

Soul Angel
Feb 19th, 2002, 07:04 PM
Actually now you menching it I can sometimes hear the fan alot more on some games which I play then others, but I can think right now out the top of my head which games those are?
But my fan doesn't ever sound like it is broken at tall when it does that?

Sleazy P Martini
Feb 19th, 2002, 08:05 PM
Thats weird. It doesn't seem to be broken, but as long as HM is in the PS2 (as soon as the title screen starts) the fan starts running and doesn't stop. Well if you guys are experiencing similar things it can't be too bad. ;)

LiquidSm0ke
Feb 20th, 2002, 09:58 AM
The green PS2's fan is very loud. That thing goes BRRRRRRR!!!, it's so annoying.

Note: I know the BRRRRR!!! description is not accurate, but I dont know how else to describe it.

x157anz
Feb 20th, 2002, 02:16 PM
On some games it is loud but most of the time i can hardly hear it :)

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 21st, 2002, 09:40 PM
Technically the fan should be running at all times.The loud noises on the other hand are new to me.The only real problem that i ever had with mine was the laser lens burning out

MakgSnake
Feb 22nd, 2002, 08:32 AM
I Dont Have That Many Games But.........I Hardly Hear My Fan At All. Only If I Keep My Ears Right Next To It. Only Then I Can Hear It Well.

I Had Big Problem With My Ps2's PowerSupply Though. It Got Busted. Had To Change That. I Was Scared Like Hell.

The Fan Is Fine!.! :)

Soul Angel
Feb 22nd, 2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

I Had Big Problem With My Ps2's PowerSupply Though. It Got Busted. Had To Change That. I Was Scared Like Hell.

The Fan Is Fine!.! :)

How did you bust up your power supply on your PS2 Makg? :confused: :eek:

nanjij
Feb 22nd, 2002, 04:24 PM
mine like makg's untill i put a purple disc in eg: age of empires, unreal tournement etc. the sound is very different, very loud, and as u described a Brrrrrrr sound.
dont ask me

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 22nd, 2002, 08:16 PM
Umm the sound for the Purple cd's isnt from the fan its more like the movement of the parts inside of the ps2,but not the fan

Sleazy P Martini
Feb 22nd, 2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake
Umm the sound for the Purple cd's isnt from the fan its more like the movement of the parts inside of the ps2,but not the fan

Not with me. Its the fan. It only does it with one particular game too. (Harvest Moon)

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 22nd, 2002, 08:35 PM
Well that is really odd.It shouldnt be happening.If it only does it with that game and no others it shouldnt be a problem,its prolly just a conflict on the hardware or its just likes to make noise.

Sleazy P Martini
Feb 22nd, 2002, 08:43 PM
I'm not worried about it. It's just the fan. And other's seem to experience similar things. BTW thanks for all the feedback everyone.

IcyMourdor
Feb 22nd, 2002, 09:04 PM
I haven't noticed a change from game to game. The only thing I can think of is that it is because it is a PS1 or PS2 game. But I don't think that would make a difference.

Cannibal Clown
Feb 23rd, 2002, 01:26 PM
I only seem to notice the fan if I'm using a PS1 game. Then it's kinda loud. And when I play DVDs, it gets a little loud as well. But only when It's a disc I use a lot.

Sleazy P Martini
Feb 23rd, 2002, 02:14 PM
In my case it's a PS2 game.

Serj
Feb 27th, 2002, 05:45 PM
My PS2 fan isnt loud.

twiztidfreak69er
Nov 3rd, 2002, 07:13 AM
My fan always runs constantlly it never shuts off at all no matter what the game is but i do here like different clicking sounds in certain games like my ps2 is broken but the fan part and all that could may be graphics wise like all the games i have are intence with graphis ex,GTA:Vice City,& terminator dawn of fates.it could just be the more the graphics the more the fan runs or something kinda like a pc the more use of your processor the better the fan you have to get otherwise you could overclock it and it will burn up maybe the fan is at a set minimal speed when playing certain games and when playing better graphic type games like i said just runs more frequently dunno though lol just a thought

Count Funbags
Nov 4th, 2002, 04:59 AM
My PS2 goes fan-crazy when I pop in Burnout 2. That's about it... it really stands out.