PDA

View Full Version : online PS2 games

ssjtrunks13
Dec 14th, 2002, 01:41 PM
What games are out there on the PS2 in the USA that you can play with the internet adaptor?

dan da man
Dec 14th, 2002, 01:43 PM
well these i know..

socom
twisted metal black online
football game

sorry cant remeber any more games, there are only four games online at the moment though.

TtTackler
Dec 14th, 2002, 03:48 PM
There are more than 4..

Tony Hawk 3
Tony Hawk 4
Twisted Metal Black: Online
ATV Offroad Fury: 2
Frequency (i think the online version is out now)
Tribes (don't remember if its out)
NFL Gameday/Madden 2003 (I can't wait to get the adapter to play madden!)
Socom

Not to forget:

AutoModellista coming out soon
GTA4 (the real sequel) will be online
Resident Evil online (although no details yet)

ect. ect.

So you have a pretty good selection so far. Oh yeah, I think Hot Shots Golf 3 is online also.

mark0™
Dec 14th, 2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by TtTackler

Are you serious :shock: I Think i'm gonna faint! :love: XD

dan da man
Dec 14th, 2002, 05:56 PM

how do u know that?

TtTackler
Dec 14th, 2002, 06:27 PM
It was in a lot of magazines shortly after the release of GTA3. Like 2 issues ago EGM wrote about a REAL rumor that the next GTA (that won't be online) will be set in Medievel times. But it hasn't been confirmed yet.

ssjtrunks13
Dec 14th, 2002, 10:12 PM
I have pretty good idea now of whether I should get the adaptor.
Thanks for the heads up.:cool:

Suzuki_Fanboy
Dec 14th, 2002, 11:21 PM
I'd recomend Xbox Live! but there's not much I can say...because I'm gonna get the adapter and Xbox Live! so I can play SOCOM...hehe :D

Ninja
Dec 15th, 2002, 12:03 AM
socom's on xbox??

EDIT:never mind

jjmoohead
Dec 15th, 2002, 01:15 AM
Don't forget the greatest online game NBA LIVE 2003, check out my review.

TtTackler
Dec 15th, 2002, 01:40 AM
Sorry moo, didn't know that was online also..

Uhm..Suzuki..Socom is PS2 only since its first pary made by Sony..

As for X-Box live..its not very user friendly..Not only do you HAVE to have broadband (which not that many people have compared to narrowband), but you have to pay monthly for the services..I think its like 10 to 20 bucks a month? I forget..Not only that, I believe that all servers that the games are run on are all at Microsoft or something, which means easier to be hacked and easier to be overloaded and crash..although X-Box doesn't have enough users to crash it >.>

While for PS2, you can have narrowband or broadband, no monthly pay (except for certain games like FF11), and the servers are put up by the makers of the game.

That's just based on what I've read in the past..So things may have changed in the past few months..but PS2 is clearly the better way to go..

kupoartist
Dec 15th, 2002, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by TtTackler
Not only that, I believe that all servers that the games are run on are all at Microsoft or something, which means easier to be hacked and easier to be overloaded and crash..
In the case of Unreal Championship, that certainly isn't true. one of the reasons that Broadband is required by X-Box Live is that Servers can be (or are solely... i forget) run by the users who host them - in UC the ammount of people allowed on a server is dictated by the quality of the server's connection.

Needless to say though, an exclusive "Broadband Only" setup is one of the stupidist things I ever heard. Broadband coverage is reasonable at best in the majority of countries in the world, and its often overpriced and unavailable, especially in the UK. No one has a 28k modem out of choice you know :laugh:

Anyways... I'm looking foward to FFXI, just not on the PS2. the PS2's Net structure falls flat on it's face in FFXI's case because you need to buy the Network Adaptor, a HD (assuming they're not working out a way to compress the 8gigs of data onto a single memory card) and then the game and it's monthly fee. My PC can, and will do all those things a little cheaper :happy:

Vicious
Dec 17th, 2002, 05:52 PM
Socom is an online game. It looks pretty cool.

dan da man
Dec 17th, 2002, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by LiquidSnake1231

Socom is an online game. It looks pretty cool.

and offline

Matrix
Dec 17th, 2002, 09:02 PM
any of u play Activision Anthology yet, its online as well, pretty cool to have odl atari games online!!!!!!!!

Suzuki_Fanboy
Dec 17th, 2002, 09:45 PM
Uhm..Suzuki..Socom is PS2 only since its first pary made by Sony..

I know. I didn't say it was on Xbox. Look at Ninja's post. I was saying that I'm going to get BOTH Xbox Live! and the Network Adapter so I can play SOCOM...

As for X-Box live..its not very user friendly..Not only do you HAVE to have broadband (which not that many people have compared to narrowband), but you have to pay monthly for the services..I think its like 10 to 20 bucks a month? I forget..Not only that, I believe that all servers that the games are run on are all at Microsoft or something, which means easier to be hacked and easier to be overloaded and crash..although X-Box doesn't have enough users to crash it >.>

Broadband only = no lag. You can't really use that as an argument either...since SOCOM is broadband only, and I bet a lot of other games will be broadband only.

It's 50 dollars for one year...then 10 bucks a month after that. That's very cheap, being that, like you said, lot's of PS2 games are going to charge for their games every month, and that could add up.

Being on MS' servers is good. A central server hosted by someone who knows what they're doing is great...and for only 10 bucks a month, WOOHOO!!! It's awesome. I can't wait...we're getting broadband friday, then I'll get an Xbox and Xbox Live! soon afterwards...YAY!