PDA

View Full Version : Solidus *ending spoilers*

Rei
Feb 18th, 2002, 08:42 PM
Am I the only one who felt a bastard for killing Solidus at the end of the game?
I really wanted to make him go away and save his life, but the plot decided otherwise...

I really felt sorry for him. He was a sort of tragic hero, after all.

jenova_jeb
Feb 18th, 2002, 09:53 PM
I personally felt pretty good when I beat him :D .

Vamp
Feb 19th, 2002, 05:15 AM
yes he sounded more like a person who hated the patriots just like us. i didn't want to kill him either

same goes for liquid snake. he thought he was the child who didnt get any good qualities from his dad. someone should have told him that he had the best ones.

and same goes for mantis, raven and all.

but yes solidus i didn't wanna kill him. infact i felt like wanted to team up with him and get the patriots

the only person i wanna kill and kill bad is. Revolver Ocelot.

GaseousSnake
Feb 19th, 2002, 10:07 AM
You see the Death of solidus in mgs2 now makes it a personal thing to snake.Snake wount rest until Revolver is dead thats why the series will keep on going.:D

jenova_jeb
Feb 19th, 2002, 01:05 PM
I don't think Ocelot will ever die . He seems to live through everything :rolleyes:. Oh well, that means the series can go on forever :D .

GaseousSnake
Feb 19th, 2002, 05:37 PM
Your quite right.Revolver will keep on going

DragonSphere
Feb 20th, 2002, 12:02 AM
I liked killing him and all, but I felt a bit awkward when I did. I just thought he would last longer in the story.

Pu the Owl
Feb 20th, 2002, 02:43 PM
I didn't like the idea of killing him as well, for the reasons Vamp mentioned. I really felt sorry for him.
But after that everyone understands Solidus was not the "villain", he was only a sort of revolutionary force.
The situation is very complex, more than I expected at the beginning of the game.

GaseousSnake
Feb 20th, 2002, 05:43 PM
Poor Solidus, Revolver has once again tricked another of Big Bosses Les enfants.Who knows,he might even get to trick Snake in the next mgs

jenova_jeb
Feb 21st, 2002, 03:56 PM
Nah, Snakes to smart :D .

GaseousSnake
Feb 21st, 2002, 04:12 PM
Well you know even Liquid the best of them all was tricked by Revolver.:mad:

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 21st, 2002, 10:00 PM
I sort of felt bad at the end of that game when killing solidus.At the end when he was reaching up at washingtons statue,i flet like i almost lost something close even thought i went through H#ll

Harry
Feb 21st, 2002, 10:34 PM
I felt sorry too, like I felt sorry when I discovered Liquid was just a pawn in the hands of Ocelot.

At the end of MGS2, Solidus becomes a sort of tragic heroic figure... for the whole game you fight someone that after all
was fighting for liberty. The scene with the Washington statue, with both the dying Solidus and Raiden raising their hands, was really full of different emotions...

MakgSnake
Feb 22nd, 2002, 07:03 AM
To My Small Things Matter Also Infact Sometimes Small Things Matter More.

And I Think It Wasn't Even A Small Thing.

I Mean To Say..........Ok Fine Solidus Wanted To Get The Patriots And Wanted Liberty But Still.....Has Was Not The Best Human Being. I Mean To Say, He Killed Raiden's Parents.........That Was Pretty Bad And The Worst Thing.......He Killed OLGA I Mean.....Everytime I See Him KILL OLGA......Just PUMPS The Blood Inside Me.....If I Had Control Over Raiden During That Scence I'd FINISH Him Then!.! I Mean Poor Female Didn't Even Get To See Her Son Even Once. (I Know That Was Because Of The Patriots) But Still.............The Braking Of The Beck With A Bullet Was A Horrible Way Of Killing A Mother Of 2 Year Old Child.

I Hate Him For That. And Thats Why I Just Wanted To Finish Him Bad. Ok Fine He Wanted To Get The Patriots Just Like Us But There Are Other Things Too That Make A Good Person.

But Even I Thought "HIM" Falling From The Building With Raising His HAND Just Like Goerge Washinton's Statue Was A Pretty Good Scence.

Neways..........I Also Wanna Get Revolver Ocelot (The Stupid Cunning Fellow) lol

GaseousSnake
Feb 22nd, 2002, 05:15 PM
Now that all of Big Bosses Les Enfants r dead(Excluding Snake),who do you think will play in the next installment of MGS as Revolvers pawn?
Well i think i will have to say either roy cambell or Big boss himself

Pu the Owl
Feb 22nd, 2002, 10:35 PM
Makg, if you played MGS, and I perfectly know you played it, you must remember Vulcan Raven's and Psycho Mantis' words. They said to Solid he was not the best human being too, and they both kinda despised him for being able to kill othe human beings and go on with his life.
The whole series is based on that contrast: not even the hero is a completely positive character.
So, even if Solidus killed other innocent or not so innocent people, he has some good points. The message is: at least he killed them not for a completely evil purpose (like the Patriots) and not for personal purpose (like Ocelot).

MakgSnake
Feb 23rd, 2002, 03:25 PM
First I Would Like Say That Ure Banner Looks Great. I Love It!.!

Ok...Well As For Solid Being So Negative And Solidus Being Slightly Positive, I Dunno....If I Should Defend Snake Over Here Or Not. But Still I'll Just Mention What I Think.......

Yes They Made Us Feel That Snake Isn't A Good Person And A All Amazing Positive Hero. But Through Out The Metal Gear Series, Kojima Has Shown That Its NOT That Snake Is THAT Kinda Of A Person, Its What His Real Life Situations Has Made Him. Actually He Is A Good Person. Its Just That The Way LIFE Has Treated Him, He Is Rough And Goes On With His Missions. Mantis And Raven Mentions That He Isn't The Best Person Theyve Met And Mantis Even Says That He Is Worse Then Liquid But Not Because He CHOSE That Way, Its How He Was Forced Into All That!.!

Remember When He Mentions When Meryl Get Shot. "I Cant See A Woman Die Infront Of My Eyes", Cause He Really Cant, And The Two Reasons He KILLED Sniper Wolf Was Because She Shot Meryl And Second She Herself Asked Snake To Shoot Her And Finish Her Quick. .

Even After Fighting Olga. Try Looking At Olga Sleeping And Call Otacon, Snake Compliments Olga In A Wierd Manner.

Unlike Solidus, We All Know He Wanted To Get The Patriots To Get Liberty, But Killing Olga (The Way He Did) And Killing Raiden Parents Doesn't Show That He Is The Nicest Person On The Planet.

I Dont Believe That A Character Like Snake Would Such A Thing. Solid Snake Have Negative Shades In His Character, With Him Being Rude And Heartless At Times. But Solidus's Heart Was Of Stone And He Deserved To Die!.!.!

And Remember When Emma Dies. U Can See Snake's Reaction, Although He Keeps Himself Busy With Downloading The Virus But U Can Tell He Does That For A Reason, As He Himself Feels Horrible For Whats Happening!.!

As For Revolver And Patriots...I Agree With You.

I Just Wanna Finish Them All Of Em!.!

GaseousSnake
Feb 23rd, 2002, 03:54 PM
Thats what makes MGS a very good game.The best of the best.While other games focus on the main actor being so good,mgs focuses on anybody being good(eg Mantis opening the door for snake)as well as bad(eg Snake never minding Meryl when he finished off Mantis)

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 24th, 2002, 11:37 PM
Maybe in a while a remake of the original mgs will be made for ps2 like resident evil is being made for gamecube.And it will come with all kinds of extras and new scences and gameplay mechanics

MakgSnake
Feb 25th, 2002, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by SSSnake
Maybe in a while a remake of the original mgs will be made for ps2 like resident evil is being made for gamecube.And it will come with all kinds of extras and new scences and gameplay mechanics
SSSnake Thats A Sweeeeeet Thing U Said Man!.! But For Some Reason, I Have A Feeling That It Just Might Happen On PS3, Then On Ps2!.! But Still Sweet In Anyway!!!!.!!!! :)

GaseousSnake
Feb 25th, 2002, 04:33 AM
Or maybe a remake of the game in GC

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 25th, 2002, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by GaseousSnake
Or maybe a remake of the game in GC

LOL,what is with you and GC man lol,But i don't think Konami will bring the series there considering what age group the system is mainly pointed at

Harry
Dec 29th, 2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

To My Small Things Matter Also Infact Sometimes Small Things Matter More.

And I Think It Wasn't Even A Small Thing.

I Mean To Say..........Ok Fine Solidus Wanted To Get The Patriots And Wanted Liberty But Still.....Has Was Not The Best Human Being. I Mean To Say, He Killed Raiden's Parents.........That Was Pretty Bad And The Worst Thing.......He Killed OLGA I Mean.....Everytime I See Him KILL OLGA......Just PUMPS The Blood Inside Me.....If I Had Control Over Raiden During That Scence I'd FINISH Him Then!.! I Mean Poor Female Didn't Even Get To See Her Son Even Once. (I Know That Was Because Of The Patriots) But Still.............The Braking Of The Beck With A Bullet Was A Horrible Way Of Killing A Mother Of 2 Year Old Child.

I Hate Him For That. And Thats Why I Just Wanted To Finish Him Bad. Ok Fine He Wanted To Get The Patriots Just Like Us But There Are Other Things Too That Make A Good Person.

But Even I Thought "HIM" Falling From The Building With Raising His HAND Just Like Goerge Washinton's Statue Was A Pretty Good Scence.

Neways..........I Also Wanna Get Revolver Ocelot (The Stupid Cunning Fellow) lol

Quite true, but the great thing is that what Solidus did to Olga was really no different from what Solid did to other bad guys throughout the series. Basically, if you had played the game from Solidus point of view, killing Olga would have been like killing Mantis, Raven... or killing Sniper Wolf, wasn't that scene as terrible as this one?

It's really not by chance that this time Kojima wanted to give a third person view on all the three characters: Liquid, Solid, and Solidus took different roads, but in the end their final purpose is tragically the same.

Frozen
Dec 30th, 2002, 01:05 AM
I have to say that I really felt the end of that game was truly sad. Yes, it was very sad to see how Solidus fell in that scene.

However, as Makg said, I remembered then how he killed Olga and how miserable he made Raiden's life.

But yes, I have always thought about Solidus as one that has one of the purest intentions in life, but probably the worst methods to achive his goals.

DSgamer
Dec 30th, 2002, 01:46 AM
dudes, i just read every single post, i havent even beaten the game but i wanna tell u this, u guys r WAY too much into metal gear, and im not saying its a bad thing, i just realised i want 2 play mgs1 again without cuting through the scenes.

i was gonna stop playing mgs2, since i've started playing mgs2, all i c is a copy of mgs1, i just wanna say again after reading all of this post, im gona start playing the game again

thnx every1 for making me realise this, i was gonna sell it to my friend, but know i dont want 2

peace

MakgSnake
Dec 30th, 2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by gamer

but i wanna tell u this, u guys r WAY too much into metal gear
Thats cool, I take that as a huge compliment! :)

DSgamer
Dec 30th, 2002, 02:32 PM
it is dude

Frozen
Dec 31st, 2002, 03:54 AM
Too bad that you got it spoiled, but I'm glad you'll give it another chance, ebcause this is a game you don't want to miss, is too good for that :B

DSgamer
Jan 1st, 2003, 03:29 PM
its cool, it made me realise i wana play this game again, what really pissed me off is when i got ff7 spoiled :(

dan da man
Jan 2nd, 2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by gamer

its cool, it made me realise i wana play this game again, what really pissed me off is when i got ff7 spoiled :(

damn i bet u were annoyed, the thing i would realy hate if someone spoiled mgs3!!!!! damn i would be pissed!

MakgSnake
Jan 2nd, 2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

damn i bet u were annoyed, the thing i would realy hate if someone spoiled mgs3!!!!! damn i would be pissed!
I would Kill the person who'd spoil MGS3 for me. Seriously! :D

By the way Dan da Man, Ive made a banner for you. I tried Pming you, but you Inbox is full and wont let me send any Pms to you. So let me know if you wanna check it out. Peace.

dan da man
Jan 2nd, 2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

I would Kill the person who'd spoil MGS3 for me. Seriously! :D

By the way Dan da Man, Ive made a banner for you. I tried Pming you, but you Inbox is full and wont let me send any Pms to you. So let me know if you wanna check it out. Peace.

COOL thanks makg i will clear out my pms now.
btw makg i would kill the person who spoiled mgs3 for me aswell:laugh:

Vicious
Jan 7th, 2003, 04:21 PM
He got what was coming to him.

dan da man
Jan 7th, 2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Knight

He got what was coming to him.

what does that mean?:peoples:

Animaman
Jan 8th, 2003, 09:08 AM
Yes, boo hoo, he was a kind of good guy because he was against the Patriots, but don't forget he killed Raiden's parents and Olga.

Besides, now that he's popped his clogs it'll give Snake a reason 2 carry on fighting the Patriots, as it was because of them in a way that he died, as someone on here has already said.