PDA

View Full Version : Mario 128 and Pikmin 2 confirmed!

Daedaelus
Dec 12th, 2002, 07:30 PM
PlanetGameCube (http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=3765)

"News Article: Miyamoto confirms two sequels
News Date: 12/10/2002
Source: Playboy Weekly (Japan)
In an interview with Japan's weekly Playboy magazine, Miyamoto drops a couple bombs.

Discuss it in Talkback!

Sometimes, big news happens in strange places. Miyamoto told Japan's weekly version of Playboy about a couple of games in development.

Miyamoto refers to Super Mario Sunshine as a deluxe version of Mario 64, and acknowledges that there wasn't enough new and different enough to garner the sales Nintendo was expecting. "When you start thinking that you have to raise the number of consoles (in homes), you realize that having a lot of brand names is important. ...But I still want to make new things."

When asked what is planned for after Zelda, Miyamoto replied, "We're developing Pikmin 2 and the Mario 128 that we showed to everyone at a press announcement earlier. You will feel something new in this game that wasn't in Mario Sunshine.""

Comments?

KraftSLU
Dec 13th, 2002, 06:36 AM
Miyamoto refers to Super Mario Sunshine as a deluxe version of Mario 64, and acknowledges that there wasn't enough new and different enough to garner the sales Nintendo was expecting.
You know, I used to get chewed out when I said stuff like this. "The new mario game has tons of innovation!" People would say. Guess it is kinda nice hearning Miyamoto fessing up to this.

As for the games, not a big suprise. As long as a Nintendo console exists, chances are there will be another mario game in the works. Same goes for whatever other game Nintendo is trying to push on the public.

dan da man
Dec 13th, 2002, 11:33 AM
i would like to get a cube, but just cant! im getting a xbox first then probally in Q2 or Q3 2003 i will get a cube!