PDA

View Full Version : Has any one ever opened up........

XboxKiller
Dec 9th, 2002, 02:50 PM
has any one ever opened their ps2 before. I need to know if its ok and nothing bad will happen to it. my friend told me he does this all the time. I ask this because when I put a game in my ps2 it says DISK READ ERROR. and my told me that my lens are dirty and I should open it up and clean it.

( by the way I already tried a lens cleaner)

Matrix
Dec 9th, 2002, 06:01 PM
O.K. first things first, opening up your playstation voids your warranty. second, the thing with the lens, sony will fix this for you, unless your warranty is up, in which case this means that you have gotten a machine in the ealier series, doesnt cost that much to send it away!!!

Lord_Of_NoTiNg
Dec 9th, 2002, 07:09 PM
You need to get a cd cleaner.....to clean the ps2 lens...after that it should work fine:cool:

XboxKiller
Dec 12th, 2002, 02:39 PM
thats the thing the cd lens cleaner did not work. and I did send mine to sony and they did fix it but I am afraid its going to do the same thing in a couple of months. this is happaning to a friend of mine. at first his ps2 would not read blue bottom disk games but now it wont read anything and we tried a lens cleaner so many times and nothing happens. does anyone know a way we can fix it with out sending it to sony cause were broke :P
this is really starting to piss me off now it wont play vice city:mad:

and we dont have a warranty it gone. damn I am I feel sorry for my friend:(