PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the animes?

Vicious
Dec 8th, 2002, 04:10 PM
First off, i love animes. I think that they are very entertaining and are the kind of movies that you want to watch over and over again. Although i love animes, I cant find them on TV anywhere, or even if there are some in a video store, there arent any good ones. I would like to know where i can see ( TV channel) and find ( video store) good anime movies like Akira, 8 Ball, and Vampire Hunter-D.
Thx.;)

merylsilverburg
Dec 8th, 2002, 08:24 PM
Well animes, while becoming popular, are still pretty much seen nowhere when it comes to TV or some video stores. I'm not too sure about TV, but I do know that on this one channel called "TechTV" they'll be showing animes daily starting December 30. I think there are other channels, but I don't know the names. :P Other people might be able to help you.

As for video stores, my local Blockbuster is actually getting in a lot of animes. For example, they have on their new releases: Sakura Wars OVA 2, Excel Saga, ROLW (Record of Lodoss War), Z.O.E, and many more, including Akira and Evangelion and such.
I think the amount of animes in the video stores in your town or area depends on how popular anime is over there. If it's not too popular, then they might not ship many animes in. Where I live, it's a campus town, so there are many international students and all so they spread the word about anime and its popularity quickly grows around here.
However, there are many great animes that are not exactly for rental. Series such as Cowboy Bebop or Rurouni Kenshin are nowhere on the shelves. It's easier for them to just stock short series (like 1 or 2 VHS or 1 DVD) or movies.

So, I don't know what else to tell you since those are the only things I know. Hopefully someone else here might be able to help you and answer some questions I was unable to. :)

Fox
Dec 8th, 2002, 11:12 PM
there is jack shit on tv.
if there is any shit on tv, its edited to be shit.
like...
DBZ.

eB has anime...O_o
i usually download my anime, if i don't get it off www.discountanimedvd.com or www.therightstuf.com or the other millions of anime stores online...

and if you've got 56k...:p

Suzuki_Fanboy
Dec 8th, 2002, 11:21 PM
I don't really want to see Anime on American TV..because they'd censor it like crazy (like they did DBZ).

Series such as Cowboy Bebop or Rurouni Kenshin are nowhere on the shelves.

True, even when they do have it (like my local game store) they only have half or a small portion of it. My local store only as the first 50. Sigh, stores don't even carry the full series of the greatest anime ever...oh well, I'll have the box set after Christmas sometime :D

masterninja
Dec 25th, 2002, 07:05 PM
if u still want t 2 know where 2 watch anime or manga u can see it on sci-fi channel if u got cable or sky
its on thursday nights at 12am with a couple of anime series on after the movie.

Cannibal Clown
Dec 25th, 2002, 07:22 PM
www.animeontv.com

there
that's a site that for the most part, has every anime that airs on tv on a weekly basis.

The tech tv shows aren't listed yet though.

but here they are anyways.

Serial experiments lain
betterman
silent mobius
Crest of the Stars
Dual

and on adult swim, they will be airing
Trigun
.HACK//
and one other that i don't remember the name of.

And in about a month the pay per view anime channel will be up with 24/7 anime, and soon that will become an anime channel for cable and satalite.

So don't worry buddy, in less than half a year, you'll have more than enough anime on the tv to keep ytou busy for a long long time.

mark0™
Dec 25th, 2002, 09:04 PM
Master Ninja, watch CNX, channel 244 (i think) on Sky Digital, this is the UK home of Anime so far, DBZ, Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Dundam Wing etc etc every day!