PDA

View Full Version : The Sims on PS2

merylsilverburg
May 29th, 2002, 07:34 PM
Hey! I just read in GamePro magazine that the popular simulation game for the PC, The Sims, is being ported over to the PS2. There will be improved designs, some objectives, and more variety to customize your character and enviroment. I think this is great news. I tried to play The Sims on my PC, but my computer is too old. I can't wait for this game to come out! What about you guys?

Beretta55
May 30th, 2002, 12:24 AM
i knew about it i have sims house partay on pc so i will mostlikely get the sims for ps2.

Neo_Soldier28
May 30th, 2002, 11:24 AM
Yea i read about that too and there are alot more options like you can have your people play ps2 in your house and things like that. Im not sure if im gonna buy it tho.

AsylumEscapee
Jun 24th, 2002, 06:43 AM
Dear god, WHY!?
Is it not bad enough that The Sims was the best selling game ever?

The Matrix might make you want to boot up Max Payne. Some action flick might inspire you to play Virtua Fighter. Watching Top Gun SHOULD make you want to play some flight sim. But 7th Heaven should remind you how boring real life really is. And taking a crap should NOT remind you of any GAMES.

RobHardo
Jul 1st, 2002, 05:20 PM
I'm gunna get it but before i get that i get grand theft auto vice city :-)

Crono
Jul 8th, 2002, 03:18 PM
The SIMS sucks, stick w/ a good ol' PSO for Dreamcast! :ghost:

Beretta55
Jul 8th, 2002, 10:09 PM
what if people dont have PSO?

RobHardo
Jul 8th, 2002, 10:13 PM
dude pso an dhe sims ae two different things bro not to be confused

Beretta55
Jul 8th, 2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Solid: Snake
dude pso an dhe sims ae two different things bro not to be confused
are you talking to me or crono?

RobHardo
Jul 8th, 2002, 10:52 PM
oh my bad baretta i forgot to specify, i was talking to crono, oh ye crono the sims rocks the boat

Beretta55
Jul 8th, 2002, 10:58 PM
*throws crono out a window* jk jk:laugh:

RobHardo
Jul 8th, 2002, 11:05 PM
throws him back up, haha

Lost_myth
Aug 24th, 2002, 09:31 AM
Yeah, I heard about that too. I really want it, I own like all the sims games. But the thing is that they are also coming out with 'The sims online' Which I think is going to be really cool. I want that even more. Ahhhhhh.... I have no money anyways.

The_Senator
Dec 7th, 2002, 01:43 PM
As most of us know already The Sims is heading for the PS2, so I was just wondering what people's thoughts on this topic were!!

dan da man
Dec 7th, 2002, 02:21 PM
actually i have never owned the simms but as i have a pc to play it on there in no reason to buy it for my ps2.

KraftSLU
Dec 7th, 2002, 07:46 PM
I think I am one of 4 people in the United States who have played this game and not been a huge fan of it. Personally I lost all enjoyment after I accomplished my goal of turning my little sister's girl into a lesbian and moving her in with my girl.

Plug 4
Dec 8th, 2002, 08:28 PM
i get bored playing that game really quick but it's fun

Chara
Dec 8th, 2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by KraftSLU

I think I am one of 4 people in the United States who have played this game and not been a huge fan of it. Personally I lost all enjoyment after I accomplished my goal of turning my little sister's girl into a lesbian and moving her in with my girl.

lol, I have tried doing that but It never worked for me. After a while I just got bored.

They should send Hot Date to the PS2. That is the only sims gamethat really keeps you playing. The only thing I hate about Hot Date is that you dont have enough time to do things. For example you cant hop and have a date in the same day.

ssjtrunks13
Dec 11th, 2002, 03:02 PM
I think it's great they are making it for PS2. Maybe I'll get it when it comes out.

trunks69420
Jan 1st, 2003, 12:50 PM
I cant wait for it. It comes out in US Jan. 14th (tenative). The PS2 version has new objective based gameplay, but also has the original SIMS on it as well!!! I only played the sims on pc a couple of times, but i loved it! I definitely will buy this game.

MakgSnake
Jan 1st, 2003, 02:05 PM
I have heard alot and I mean alot about this game, and have never ever played it. I guess when it comes out on Ps2, I'll try renting it and check what the fuss is all about.

S.W.A.T-Sniper
Jan 3rd, 2003, 12:36 PM
I've go tLivin Large and Hot Date, soon to have sims online, an dill probably get ps2 version, I love the sim language what do they call it again, Simlish

trunks69420
Jan 18th, 2003, 01:07 AM
I bought this game on the 15th, it's pretty good. The Get a life Mode is a little challenging, but fun. Not too hard for the exerienced SIM player. Good game overall, I give it a 8 1/2 or a 9. Lots of fun, added features, ect...

Seraph Sephiroth
Jan 18th, 2003, 01:17 AM
I'm at my little cousin's house right now and he and I just went to go rent it. I'm watching him play it this very moment... its looks alright buy I perfer the one on my computer... I like downloading all the anime and final fantasy skins and whatnot... then making Trowa and Quatre get married. LOL!

So far this guy he's living with is giving him a bunch of chores to do, and if he doesnt do them he gets kicked out of the house... Hm, this looks very challanging, maybe I'll play it when my little cousin is asleep. lol!

trunks69420
Jan 18th, 2003, 01:36 AM
Yeah, it is pretty good and as you said, PC any day, except maybe the graphics. I really want to play SIMS online. If you like Sim games, you should try Animal Crossing for Game Cube.

Seraph Sephiroth
Jan 18th, 2003, 02:01 AM
I got it thank you very much! :D I am Sephy and I live in Nibelhiem! :D And everyone's moving away because I shove them all into pit-falls! ^_^ WOO! I love that game!

trunks69420
Jan 18th, 2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Seraph Sephiroth

I got it thank you very much! :D I am Sephy and I live in Nibelhiem! :D And everyone's moving away because I shove them all into pit-falls! ^_^ WOO! I love that game!

ALL RIGHT!! It's pretty hard to find other people who play that game. I have a Pitfall, but how do you use it??

Oh and My SIM is being a piece of crap right now. He just got demoted, and he wont work out:mad:

ssjtrunks13
Jan 19th, 2003, 05:15 PM
Shoot, it's already out. I want to get it but I have been saving up my money for the only GBA game I will have for a while.

Beretta55
Jan 19th, 2003, 10:49 PM
if you ask me i will take the sim's on ps2 over the sim's on computer anyday. my computer is a peice of crap i got sim's vaction for christmas. it's a cool game but my computer is so slow it's annoying. but im going to rent this game first and there being two player's at the same time sound's cool.

merylsilverburg
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:38 PM
I wanted to rent this game, but my sister bought it instead. :disturb: I heard that it's very time-consuming (I never got to play The Sims on the computer) and now that I tried it, I agree. :P I mean, it's fun and all but constantly having to make your Sim (in my case, it's a girl name June) go to the bathroom, making her eat....ah....too much! :roll: I did make it out of my parent's house though (yay!) and living on my own, but I'm not sure how far I'll get especially since I'm only getting paid $100 a day and have to pay $596 bills. ;_; Oh well, guess I'll see. :D

BTW, I LOVE Animal Crossing. It's actually all I've been playing since X-Mas break! :D

ssjtrunks13
Jan 24th, 2003, 11:49 PM
I've never played any of the Sim City games because I never got the chance. I think it would be nice to finally play one of these games.

Gaseous_Baboon
Jan 26th, 2003, 09:56 PM
I have watched this game since I heard of it and it seems great. I have yet to buy it, but am seriously considering it come my next paycheck. Should I?

trunks69420
Jan 26th, 2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Gaseous_Baboon

I have watched this game since I heard of it and it seems great. I have yet to buy it, but am seriously considering it come my next paycheck. Should I?

If youve never played it i suggest renting it first. You can listen to what anyone says, but in the end we all make our own decisions. I love the game, but i like games w/ customisation, and complete controll. It depends on what type of gamer you are... Try it first and then buy it... As far as i am concerned;)

BTW, I LOVE Animal Crossing. It's actually all I've been playing since X-Mas break!

Another one!!! God this game is fun! Shake those trees and watch out for those bees;)

Silent Assassin
Jan 29th, 2003, 10:59 AM
The SIMS looks like it is almost better for PS2...because you have more options...although i think that the Computer Sims will have better game play..and controls:peoples:

Pu the Owl
Feb 4th, 2003, 10:18 AM
Being a Sims addicted, I think involving more innocents in this evil game is crule :laugh:

No, really, I'm happy that the ones who still couldn't play this game (because they don't like PC games or because they couldn't play it for technical issues of their PCs) will have the chance to try the Sims. Be careful, because this game is really addictive!

mark0™
Feb 4th, 2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Fortune
Be careful, because this game is really addictive!

I second that, when the sims came out on the PC....:disturb: oh man, I was posessed!

dan da man
Feb 4th, 2003, 11:51 AM
Well i might get it after all i like really addictive games.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 11th, 2003, 12:17 PM
I do to. Years ago my mom had bought a Sim City game for me, but never gave it to me. I wonder if she remembers and still has it. I think I'll ask her next time I see her.

rocker_adam
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:09 PM
so is the game anygood? i here its pretty good but the controls are hard to move around

synicalgohan91
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:23 PM
quote:
BTW, I LOVE Animal Crossing. It's actually all I've been playing since X-Mas break!

I like the game the sims i have played a lot of them and i have played the sims for playstation 2 quite extensivly, and i say it is fun with everything u can do. But i would have to say that animal crossing tops the sims by a long shot. You know what i mean trunks69420.

sk8er_kyle
Feb 12th, 2003, 08:22 PM
I want to get the sims. I play it all the time on the PC and the PS2 one looks a lot better. I heard you can play it with two players. That would be so cool. I definetly want to try this game.:ghost:

Beretta55
Feb 12th, 2003, 11:10 PM
I got this game today for my birthday. i havent played it since i just got back at my house. im expecting great thing's from this game.....cant wait:D

dan da man
Feb 13th, 2003, 07:47 AM
I personally think the PC version is better, plus sims online is coming soon, that might be alright.

rocker_adam
Feb 13th, 2003, 07:15 PM
why would the pc game be better. the ps2 one has loads of new gameplay modes. like two players.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 16th, 2003, 06:02 PM
I like the 2 player idea and I think one doesn't look better than the other.

rocker_adam
Feb 16th, 2003, 09:40 PM
if its as addicting as the pc version im all for it

dan da man
Feb 17th, 2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by rocker_adam

if its as addicting as the pc version im all for it

IMO it is.

trunks69420
Feb 17th, 2003, 09:38 PM
Mine too... I just wish i had more time to play it!! System overload!:roll: :frust: :ghost:

rocker_adam
Feb 18th, 2003, 07:42 PM
what do u mean?

ssjtrunks13
Feb 18th, 2003, 09:08 PM
I think he's saying he has computer problems when he tries to play it.

PS2Girl
Feb 19th, 2003, 07:02 PM
sounds cool..

ssjtrunks13
Feb 21st, 2003, 01:29 PM
So, is this the original sims or does it include the other stuff.

dan da man
Feb 21st, 2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

So, is this the original sims or does it include the other stuff.

Other stuff aswell.

I still thing strategy are only good for PC's with the mouse and keyboard and everything! IMO!

trunks69420
Mar 7th, 2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

I think he's saying he has computer problems when he tries to play it.
A little late on the response on my part, but i meant, that i have no time to play it. The Sims takes too much time for me to play. Its not that its hard, it is so engrossing that i can only play for hours at a time...ie:finalfantasy. Oh well, a month later i respond.... no time:disturb:

Hero
Mar 11th, 2003, 06:25 AM
Yeah its a time consuming game.

I don't really like it. Control your own life and try to get laid, don't try to do it on a computer. That's why I quit playing Everquest, cuz some chick I played with started confessing love to me and stuff... Hey... I just wanna beat the monsters...

sims is a sim of life, and that's not something to play unless you're bored in Heaven.

Super Clarets
Aug 12th, 2003, 05:49 PM
Got the Sims about a month ago ut i am Stuck at the moment :(