PDA

View Full Version : Are there any non-anime RPGs on PS2?

Hat Guy
Dec 5th, 2002, 04:52 AM
i want to know because i'm sick of FF games (i just finished 2,3,4,5) and i finished 7 and 8 ages ago...i would prefer something more like Hillsfar (Amiega)

please do not suggest KH!

Lone Wolf
Dec 5th, 2002, 07:00 AM
Non-Anime? I didn't think anime was realy all that popular for PS2 games. But now that you mention it, it seems there's been a little in whatever I've played (except KH). Damn, how can you get sick of FF games? They're all so different. I never even heard of Hillsfar, maybe you could be more specific in your request or you know. <coughs>Try FFX <coughs>

kupoartist
Dec 5th, 2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Hat Guy
i want to know because i'm sick of FF games (i just finished 2,3,4,5) and i finished 7 and 8 ages ago...i would prefer something more like Hillsfar (Amiega)

please do not suggest KH!
I guess by "Anime" you mean "heavily japanesey" right? Off the top of my head theres Baldurs Gate and Deus Ex on the PS2, and they're quite different... though i'd personnally buy neither. Deus Ex isn't strictly a Role-Playing Game though... Imagine Metal Gear Solid in First Person, with skills that you upgrade and thats along the right lines (though its better on the PC :/ ) ... no idea about the PS2's Baldurs Gate, but I don't really like the PC versions anyway.

IcyMourdor
Dec 5th, 2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Lone Wolf
Damn, how can you get sick of FF games?

Exactly what I said. Well, all I can say is get Legaia 2: Duel Saga. I'm playing this game right now and I'm loving it. Of course, I'm not really playing as I lent out my PS2 to me gf about two weeks ago.

What was I thinking?

Spank-A-Thon
Dec 5th, 2002, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by the_artist

no idea about the PS2's Baldurs Gate, but I don't really like the PC versions anyway. Baldur's Gate on PS2 is much like the old classic Gauntlet, but nothing like the PC original. It's a top-down view hack 'n' slasher, although you build your stats up RPG style, and there is some semblance of a plot. The real good thing about it though, is the 2-player co-operative mode - which with a buddy can be quite good fun.

Oh, and the other highlight is that you can remove all the lead female characters' clothes so she runs around in only her underwear... lol. I really need to get out more... :laugh:

- S

Suzuki_Fanboy
Dec 6th, 2002, 09:26 PM
Kingdom Hearts.

Edit: Come on, spamming like this is pointless. Please stop.