PDA

View Full Version : Be Careful With Substance

The_Senator
Dec 3rd, 2002, 05:42 PM
Many of you know this but I thought I should make this clear because iti really is annoying when someone buys a game expecting one thing, they get another and complain because they haven't done enough research on the game.

I just want to clarify to anyone expecting Substance to be a totally new game don't bother buying the game if you want something radically new. This is NOT MGS3. It's just an addition to Sons Of Liberty. It will just be a refined version of Sons Of Liberty but with Substance. You get to play more of the game. This is just an improved version of MGS2 with some, no wait, a LOT of new VR Missions.

If you knew already good for you, if you didn't know, well you should now.

Ninja
Dec 4th, 2002, 12:19 AM
wait so if I buy this, ill be geting mgs 2 again?

Beretta55
Dec 4th, 2002, 01:37 AM
well kinda with just more unlockable's and VR mission's. but i rented this game for xbox and i like it. it's on my X-mas list that's for sure.

mark0™
Dec 4th, 2002, 05:06 PM
you'd think, "if i never played MGS2 sons of liberty, would this game be more enjoyable?" well, yes and no! yes, because it has the magic of MGS2 and then some more, but If your already played the sons of liberty, dont expect a total repeat. Sure its the same story near enough, but has enough add ons and new features which makes it a great game yet.
Although it feels a little slower, MGS2 substance IS better than MGS2 sons of liberty, although they are essentially the same.

Daedaelus
Dec 4th, 2002, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Ninja

wait so if I buy this, ill be geting mgs 2 again?

Yes, in a manner of speaking. You will play the same story all over again, just with the option of playing with different characters. Also, you have VR missions in this one.

MakgSnake
Dec 4th, 2002, 11:40 PM
Well, it was all over that this game will give you extra more mission.

This game contains the main story "Sons Of Liberty" alongside 500 VR missions.

And some extra stuff when your done with the game.

Nobody ever said that this was a sequal. Its not.... it can never be, just like "VR Mission" for PsOne was not.

You want more gameplay.....(extra gameplay) I mean, get this. I will when it hits Ps2. 110% sure about it.

dan da man
Dec 5th, 2002, 09:23 AM
what characters can u play on the tank chapter?
is it possible to play plisken?