PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind or LOTR?

Opalex
Dec 1st, 2002, 11:43 PM
I've heard these are probably the best RPGs available at the moment for X-Box. Since shortly I'm going to get an X-Box and I'd like to get a good RPG for this console, I'd like to know which one is better and what are the main differences in the gameplay, so that I can decide!

jjmoohead
Dec 2nd, 2002, 12:03 AM
I have not played LOTR for x-box but I can tell you that Marrowing is not all that great. Really glitchy...so go with LOTR

Opalex
Dec 2nd, 2002, 12:09 AM
Yes, I've heard of the many glitches of the game, but I've also heard they don't ruin the atmosphere of it very much. People around say it's still very good. While I haven't heard clear opinions on LOTR yet, maybe because it's newer.

KraftSLU
Dec 2nd, 2002, 01:35 AM
Morrowind. I played morrowind for well over 200 hours thus far. I've played LOTR for about 10 and have decided that it is slow, misdirected, not the best looking and generally not a whole lot of fun. Maybe it's because I've never been big into Tolkein's Hobbit thing and all that, but it sucks as a game to me.

mark0™
Dec 2nd, 2002, 05:34 AM
Not played LOTR, but morrowind is pretty sweet. Ive not really noticed any major glitches that have really affected the game, although you need an awful lot of time to play it (im always to busy and can only devote a few hours to a game, so thats why I suffer at RPG's, but i love them soo much :D )

I'd still go for Morrowind, its fantasticly huge, Lots of characters and you needn't follow the main plot. It is said to be as non-linear as a pen and paper RPG!

Frozen
Dec 2nd, 2002, 05:47 AM
Morrowind is one of the only 2 games I've got for X Box. and it is awsome.

Uchiha Sasuke
Dec 2nd, 2002, 07:37 AM
Get Morrowind.Trust me you'll will not be sorry.Little glitches aside the games is an absolute gem.Probably one of the most in depth games i ever played.Plus the lenght and the amount of stuff you can do during the game will keep you coming back.

jjmoohead
Dec 2nd, 2002, 01:01 PM
Ok so i am dumb then, I was taken back by my morrowind experience though, I just couldn't get it to cause i found it really choppy and glitchy and I guess I just like a smoth game over game play. I guess if LOTR sucks so much from what everyone is saying, go for morrowind, my suggestion though, save for something new in the future.

Vicious
Dec 4th, 2002, 01:24 PM
I've heard alot about Morrowind and it looks like it sucks, all the reviews say so. LOTR is defiately better

Frozen
Dec 4th, 2002, 04:25 PM
Listen to Goodman, he knows what he's saying. Unfortunately, amny of the movies/books/stories we can love, won't necessarily be so appealing when it comes to their respective videogame, which can actually suck. Not that I'm saying LOTR sucks, though, I have not even played it yet.

mark0™
Dec 4th, 2002, 05:01 PM
Movie Franchises often fail, its a fact! Why? Developers feel the urge to finish (from their bosses!) before the movie is released (in LOTRTT's case) or close to its release date. If the developers were allowed long periods to devolop their games and have no tight dead line, we could be seeing Fantastic movie franchises, but If a game comes out a few years after the movie, the fear is that the hype will die down :( its poretty sad actually what happens, but it's a fact that original story's in games, not franchised from movies, tend to succeed :(

Sword 4 Hire
Dec 4th, 2002, 06:51 PM
Go with Morrowind...you could put over a month or two into that game and stuill find so much more to do. Well worth the $50 I say.

The game takes a bit to get used to though, you need to have played it for a couple of hours to grasp how great it is....

dan da man
Dec 5th, 2002, 09:47 AM
is LOTR or mirrowmind out in the uk yet?

mark0™
Dec 5th, 2002, 10:37 AM
Morrowind is out in UK (PC defiantely, sure that the XBOX version is too) As for LOTR, its either out now, or very soonish.

BlackThornn
Dec 5th, 2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by mark0

Movie Franchises often fail, its a fact! Why? Developers feel the urge to finish (from their bosses!) before the movie is released (in LOTRTT's case) or close to its release date. If the developers were allowed long periods to devolop their games and have no tight dead line, we could be seeing Fantastic movie franchises, but If a game comes out a few years after the movie, the fear is that the hype will die down :( its poretty sad actually what happens, but it's a fact that original story's in games, not franchised from movies, tend to succeed :(

I think using The Two Towers as an example is a little misleading. Pretty much everyone I've talked to and every review I've seen has described the game as a cut above most games of it's type PERIOD, let alone a rarity for the movie franchise game type.

I hadn't had as much fun playing TTT since Golden Axe for the genesis. It's a gem of a game. And I believe it's selling quite well.

Also.. To make this post on topic.. I'd pick Morrowind over the book LOTR game any day.. LOTR is way too slow, has akward controls, mediocre graphics, fighting as a hobbit (hobbits suck at fighting), and Tom freakin Bombadill. I've never been a big fan of all the singing in the original Tolkien works..

mark0™
Dec 5th, 2002, 12:15 PM
yeah, even though i havent played it LOTRTT is probably a bad example, Men In Black or sumthing like that would be more fitting.

Opalex
Dec 5th, 2002, 05:42 PM
I don't care, being myself from UK, if these games are out in my country or not (ok, apart from the fact Morrowins is out), because I'll get my X-Box from the US. Why? Much more games and most of them earlier than in Europe.
Anyway I'd probably get Morrowind. As I said I don't mind glitches, if the game is as good as I've heard (half good would be good as well) it will make an awsome purchase.
Thanks for the info, I find it very useful!

mark0™
Dec 5th, 2002, 05:48 PM
i have a US xbox, my GC is also US, i get most my games from US but i also have 2 PAL xboxes used for linking up to play HALO (kickass) my PS2 is Pal.