PDA

View Full Version : The First?

merylsilverburg
Dec 1st, 2002, 09:50 AM
I don't recall seeing any threads such as this (at least I hope not, I couldn't find any :right: ), so I decided to ask outta curiousity:

What is the first anime(s) you seen? Or, the oldest anime(s) you've ever seen if you prefer to watch the more recent ones. :)

For me, I believe the first anime I've ever seen is Voltron. After that, I saw some animes that I don't remember the titles for, such as this one with a girl with superhuman powers and she destroys everything she touches. It's such an old anime, that I was too young to remember it. :P Then, I saw Honey Honey, Meitantei Homouzu (Sherlock Hound), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Star Sheriffs (cheesy name, I know), Mahou no Princess Minky Momo (or Gigi) Movie, Mermaid's Scar, Riding Bean, and Inspector Gadget.

So what about you guys?

Beretta55
Dec 1st, 2002, 10:04 AM
the first one i have seen and i still like is gundam wing. i didnt add DBZ since everybody see's that. but gundam wing was one of my first's and i still love it. i wished they would air it on toonami again:(

kold
Dec 1st, 2002, 11:51 AM
the first anime that i saw that i knew was anime was in 1st grade so i dont remember what its called but i can kinda remember what happens. ok ill tell you waht i remember and see if you can figure out the title. ok it was in japanese and subtitled by the way. from what i remember i saw a kid getting beat up and he fell down against a trash can and a kid with a bicycle chain hit him in the head i believe and then later he put a band-aid or whatever on it and later it fell off and he turned into some big monster. anyone know which anime this is? ive been trying to figure out but i cant :(.

Ninja
Dec 1st, 2002, 03:49 PM
the first one I think i was G-force(I think thats an anime) If G-force isn't an anime, than Saint Seiya would b the first anime I saw

Hadoken
Dec 1st, 2002, 07:50 PM
mm... i think it was record of lodoss war... or teknoman! lol (teknoman is somethin about a guy from another planet, lands on earth i think and he has this crystal thingy that summons his giant robot... eh... it was a long time ago, i cant remember..)

Pu the Owl
Dec 1st, 2002, 08:59 PM
There are some series I remember and some others I don't remember because I was only one or two and it's impossible for me to write here the titles. There are many more anyway, so I will only mention the ones I loved the most.

Captain Harlock, Starzinger, Gatchaman, Risu no Banner, Sanpei are probably among the first ones I've watched. I remember also Cat's Eye, Creamy Mami, Kazoku Robinson Hyoryuki Fushigina shima no Flone, Lupin III, Sasuke, Versailles no Bara, Tiger Mask, Voltron, Ufo Robot, Ohayo! Spank, Minami no Niji no Lucy, Lady Georgie, Mazinger Z, Korokoro Pollon. Some of them are newest, but in general all are pretty old series.

EDIT: oh yeah, I also remember Minky Momo, mainly because I've watched nearly all the magical girls anime made in the 80's :heh:

merylsilverburg
Dec 1st, 2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Fortune

There are some series I remember and some others I don't remember because I was only one or two and it's impossible to me to write here the titles. There are many more anyway, so I will only mention the ones I loved the most.

Captain Harlock, Starzinger, Gatchaman, Risu no Banner, Sanpei are probably among the first ones I've watched. I remember also Cat's Eye, Creamy Mami, Kazoku Robinson Hyoryuki Fushigina shima no Flone, Lupin III, Sasuke, Versailles no Bara, Tiger Mask, Voltron, Ufo Robot, Ohayo! Spank, Minami no Niji no Lucy, Lady Georgie, Mazinger Z, Korokoro Pollon. Some of them are newest, but in general all are pretty old series.

EDIT: oh yeah, I also remember Minky Momo, mainly because I've watched nearly all the magical girls anime made in the 80's :heh:

Ah, I may have to look up some of those animes you mentioned Fortune, because I'm dying to know some of the animes that I've seen when I was really young, but forgotten the titles of them. :P
Oh and I really enjoyed the Minky Momo Movie when I was younger. I found out about the TV series and I really want to see those now. XD

Pu the Owl
Dec 1st, 2002, 09:17 PM
It could be a bit difficult to find these anime, now that they're so old! It could be that some of them are completely fogotten. Other ones are so famous (like Captain Harlock or Cat's Eye or Lupin III among the ones I mentioned) that you'll probably find something. They're like cult series and their authors are famous also for the creation of many other anime.

merylsilverburg
Dec 1st, 2002, 09:28 PM

It could be a bit difficult to find these anime, now that they're so old! It could be that some of them are completely fogotten. Other ones are so famous (like Captain Harlock or Cat's Eye or Lupin III among the ones I mentioned) that you'll probably find something. They're like cult series and their authors are famous also for the creation of many other anime.

I know it'll be difficult...but I may have some luck on Ebay. My mom saw this old, old anime when she was a girl in Taiwan and it's called Candy Candy and I was able to find the series on VCD on Ebay. Unfortunately, my mom's not interested in the anime anymore, so she didn't want to see it. :laugh:
I am interested in the Versaile no Bara TV because I just recently got the mangas back! Hooray! XD Hopefully, I'll still be able to find something on it.

Pu the Owl
Dec 1st, 2002, 09:33 PM
I remember Candy Candy too. It was a very melacholic series with lots of misfortunes and stuff like that. I know that many people hate it for this reason. It's really old style, but I liked it when I was young. :P

BTW, glad to know you have your Versailles no Bara manga series back!

MakgSnake
Dec 1st, 2002, 09:44 PM
Ok I havn't seen many, but the first one was the "Tekken" movie..... with a couple of Street Fighter Animes (Manga). I believe.

merylsilverburg
Dec 1st, 2002, 09:51 PM

I remember Candy Candy too. It was a very melacholic series with lots of misfortunes and stuff like that. I know that many people hate it for this reason. It's really old style, but I liked it when I was young. :P

BTW, glad to know you have your Versailles no Bara manga series back!

Yeah, my mom explained that it was a story of an orphan girl who is always kind and fair and somehow, she falls in love with a wealthy(?) boy (or prince?!) but a lot of horrible things just happens to her. My mom just liked it because the drawings were really pretty back then and the story was very sentimental. :)

Oh and thanks! I was happy to get it back too...unfortuntately, they're not in the original covers anymore. They've been packed into 5 white covered books with a different colored rose on each. :( Oh well, it's better than nothing. :D

Pu the Owl
Dec 1st, 2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg

Yeah, my mom explained that it was a story of an orphan girl who is always kind and fair and somehow, she falls in love with a wealthy(?) boy (or prince?!) but a lot of horrible things just happens to her. My mom just liked it because the drawings were really pretty back then and the story was very sentimental. :)

Yes, that girl was really one of the most unlucky creatures ever seen in a cartoon XD

merylsilverburg
Dec 1st, 2002, 11:30 PM

Yes, that girl was really one of the most unlucky creatures ever seen in a cartoon XD

Off topic, but is Candy Candy a really...well...tragic anime? :(

Rei
Dec 2nd, 2002, 03:15 AM
I remember some of the anime you have mentioned among the first ones I've watched, like Cat's Eye or Voltron. Then I remember Heidi and Rascal the raccoon, Glass no Kamen. I count among my first series also The Smurfs, that is not properly anime maybe...

Frozen
Dec 2nd, 2002, 04:05 PM
It was probably Astroboy. Although I don't remember very clearly, if that was the first one or the following: It was protagonizedby a guy in a white ninja dress, he had a motorcycle and had a half moon on his forehead.

kold
Dec 2nd, 2002, 06:03 PM
hmm i think thats it, i remember like a white lab coat or trench coat or something like that. does the thing on his forehead get like on coloful and stuff or does stuff come out of it?

Pu the Owl
Dec 3rd, 2002, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by Frozen

It was probably Astroboy. Although I don't remember very clearly, if that was the first one or the following: It was protagonizedby a guy in a white ninja dress, he had a motorcycle and had a half moon on his forehead.

The title Astroboy sounds familiar, but I don't remember if there was the guy with the motorcycle... Ah, my memory sucks! :(

ssjtrunks13
Dec 3rd, 2002, 11:52 AM
Dragonball, before it came on toonami.

merylsilverburg
Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:48 PM

The title Astroboy sounds familiar, but I don't remember if there was the guy with the motorcycle... Ah, my memory sucks! :(

I thought Astroboy is the character that kinda looks like a Japanese Superman? :peoples: It's by Tezuka, Osamu, right? The guy is short, got the black hair, black boots, and uh.....okay, maybe I'm wrong. :heh:

EDIT: Got a pic.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/anime/topics/producers/img/XT-1273.jpg

Deathwatchz
Dec 4th, 2002, 06:38 PM
The first anime i ever saw was Urusei Yatsura, some people know it as Lum. My stepdad is really big into anime movies, and he got me started on them about 8 years ago. Since then, i have my favorites. I have to say the most deep and depressing anime i saw was Grave of the fireflies. The best ninja animes i saw were ninja scroll and dagger of kamui, the best sword/sorcery anime I saw was record of lodoss war. I havent seen a lot of the newer animes that have come out, because they seem to have less and less heart put into them. Some of the newer ones are remakes of older ones, and they just MANGLED the original series. BTW, i'm surprised no one has mentioned speed racer!

merylsilverburg
Dec 4th, 2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Deathwatchz
The best ninja animes i saw were ninja scroll and dagger of kamui,

Isn't The Dagger of Kamui the one where there's this boy who has this small sword and he was being chased by this female ninja who ends up being his sister? They were separated when they were kids?. If so, then I've seen this a long time ago, but I always forget the name to this one. :P

BTW, i'm surprised no one has mentioned speed racer!

I only remember seeing one episode, but I hardly remember what happened, since I was so young. My sister has seen a few, I think.

Deathwatchz
Dec 4th, 2002, 10:04 PM
dagger of kamui is the one that starts out with the orphan boy who is the son of a ninja living with his foster parents. he comes home one day to find his foster mother and sister dead, with a note telling him about his father(who he never knew about). etc. I wasnt really into speed racer myself, its just that it was a really big anime for a while.

Pu the Owl
Dec 5th, 2002, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg

I thought Astroboy is the character that kinda looks like a Japanese Superman? :peoples: It's by Tezuka, Osamu, right? The guy is short, got the black hair, black boots, and uh.....okay, maybe I'm wrong. :heh:

Ah yes, I rember now that I saw the pic!
I also think that one of the first anime I've watched was another Osamu Tezuka's work and if I'm not wrong it was about a white lion called Kimba.

I've also rembered that one of the series I mentioned in my previous post, Gatchaman, is Yoshitaka Amano's creation :)

Hylas
Dec 5th, 2002, 04:04 PM
I remember making a thread like this ages ago! :laugh: BTW, it's cool to have it back, because no many people replied the last time.

Among my first series I count Lupin III and Urusei Yatsura.

merylsilverburg
Dec 5th, 2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Hylas

I remember making a thread like this ages ago! :laugh: BTW, it's cool to have it back, because no many people replied the last time.

Among my first series I count Lupin III and Urusei Yatsura.

Ah, I knew there was a thread like this before...I just forgot what it was called and how long ago it was. Sorry Hylas! :right:

Suzuki_Fanboy
Dec 5th, 2002, 09:29 PM
voltron here too. i had this totally beast toy thingy where you put all the parts together and it made voltron. it was hoss. i loved it.