PDA

View Full Version : famas?

dan da man
Nov 30th, 2002, 03:33 PM
in the tanker level on mgs2 can u get the famas machine gun ive only done this chapter twice, just wondering as i saw it in a video!

Dark Angel
Nov 30th, 2002, 04:36 PM
Nope, sorry it's only avaliable in the demo with Zone Of The Enders and was used in the e3 videos, but didn't make it to the end game

Daedaelus
Nov 30th, 2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

in the tanker level on mgs2 can u get the famas machine gun ive only done this chapter twice, just wondering as i saw it in a video!

What you saw in the video was from the demo included in ZOE as Dark Angel said, and to even access that you need a GameShark.

Frozen
Dec 1st, 2002, 01:23 AM
And what's funny is that when they recreate the events in the Plant chapter they show Snake in a shooting scene using the Famas.

Daedaelus
Dec 1st, 2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Frozen

And what's funny is that when they recreate the events in the Plant chapter they show Snake in a shooting scene using the Famas.

lol, I never noticed that. I'm gonna go back and check it out.

mark0™
Dec 1st, 2002, 12:32 PM
yeah they do, snake looks so cool, swings round the corner of the fruit thingy and letting off a couple of rounds at the guards then swingin back :D

dan da man
Dec 1st, 2002, 01:45 PM
yea ive seen that and its in black and white not colour i think

and what the hell when u see snake running threw water with a fire ball chasing him!

mark0™
Dec 1st, 2002, 02:04 PM
yeah, the demo video involved snake running across the ship and jumping off before it blew up, I think the original vidoe is better than the one when snake simply goes down with the ship...

dan da man
Dec 1st, 2002, 02:09 PM
yea when snake jumps off is a more action ending, but i suppose on the one when snake goes down with the ship u dont know if snake is dead or not, probally hideo kojima wanted to gives us cliffhanger

mark0™
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by dan da man
but i suppose on the one when snake goes down with the ship u dont know if snake is dead or not, probally hideo kojima wanted to gives us cliffhanger

what do you mean? you see Snake surface straight after REX jumps out the water

dan da man
Dec 3rd, 2002, 11:22 AM
i mean the tanker episode, i might of made a mistake, il watch the cut-scene again:D

Ninja
Dec 6th, 2002, 11:30 PM
hehe i remember that

Frozen
Dec 7th, 2002, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by mark0

what do you mean? you see Snake surface straight after REX jumps out the water

REX? :P

mark0™
Dec 21st, 2002, 11:27 PM
omigod lol, RAY of course is was i meant *D'oh*

Vicious
Dec 24th, 2002, 11:59 PM
I really like the way the Tanker Chapter ends becaues the first time I played it through I didn't know if Snake died or not. I also liked it when Pliskin showed up in the 2nd chapter cause I didn't know if it was Snake or someone that looked like him and the question stayed in my head throughout the entire game until Snake shows up dressed in his regular stealth suit. so cool!XD

mark0™
Dec 27th, 2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Knight

I really like the way the Tanker Chapter ends becaues the first time I played it through I didn't know if Snake died or not. I also liked it when Pliskin showed up in the 2nd chapter cause I didn't know if it was Snake or someone that looked like him and the question stayed in my head throughout the entire game until Snake shows up dressed in his regular stealth suit. so cool!XD

But Snake confirms that he is the Solid Snake after the Intro with Solidus, He tells you on the Codec qafter it :) I remember the part just before you enter Arsenal and the Ninja comes down with Snake, you couldnt help but Feel that Snake was a bad guy :(

dan da man
Dec 28th, 2002, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by mark0

But Snake confirms that he is the Solid Snake after the Intro with Solidus, He tells you on the Codec qafter it :) I remember the part just before you enter Arsenal and the Ninja comes down with Snake, you couldnt help but Feel that Snake was a bad guy :(

i felt like that too:(

Dark Angel
Jan 13th, 2003, 06:04 PM
Same here, it was such a great feeling, as in it really did feel like betrayal, I mean Snake a bad guy?!!! One of the best bits of the game

Reid
Jan 13th, 2003, 11:03 PM
All of these memories of the great parts of this game are making me want to pull it out again.

I think I will!

:D

Dark Angel
Jan 14th, 2003, 04:23 PM
Same here, I hadn't been here for ages, and I come back and makes me wanna play MGS2 again, unfortuately my mate's borrowing it as she just got a PS2, so I have to put up with THPS4 instead.....

Daniel Legge
Jan 19th, 2003, 01:49 PM
********possible spolier********

You dont get the famas in the demo u get with Z.O.E. If u can then You have to get it with an action replay cheat cartridge.
As for the bit where snake is beion chased by the water runnin thru the corridoors of the tanker. It was taken out cos it didnt really add anythin to the gameplay or the story.

Esjay
Apr 7th, 2003, 02:45 PM
The Famas should have been on the Tanker level...but oh well, it's not like you really needed it to get through that level easily or anything. I think there's an M4 on board the Tanker in one of the Snake Tales, but I might have read M9 and thought it was M4 by mistake.