PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Bought The MGS2 Document DVD?

Mercury Shadow
Nov 30th, 2002, 01:44 PM
I'd like to get it but I was wondering if it was worth buying? Was it up to your expectations?

MakgSnake
Nov 30th, 2002, 05:44 PM
I bought it..... its simply amazing. Sweet little things that I would have never know. Things like Hideo started working on MGS2 way back in the 1998 of Oct.

And not only that, but seriously tons of other stuff. See all the characters in detail in 3D models. Some of them early model, like of "VAMP", which looks like a model that could have passed in for MGS1. A Yoji Shinkawa style of Solid Snake (Anime 3D model).

There are some really cool stuff.

Contains, ALL THE TRIALERS ever to engrace this planet. Including some "Internal Video Footages" ..... which wasn't shown ever before, there are 4 I think.

Then some interview with the people who worked on "Motion Capture" for the game.

The whole games script..........(telling, why a character said it and with what expression on their faces) which you can even see in POLYGON Demo, "without sound".... and actually run it slow motion and rotate the cameras in all the CUT Scenes.

You can see all the Stages, and take the camera everywhere. (Including some MGS1 stages as well and some stuff "Hind D" and stuff like that)

And there is soooo much more, how the game worked, what things were required. All the stuff (collecters item) that has been released till today is in it. Stuff like from "Calenders" to "Lighters" to "Japanese Action Figures" with 360 View.

If you love Metal Gear Series. You would LOVEEEE this amazing huge GEM!!! I am so glad I have this.......

Ninja
Dec 2nd, 2002, 02:47 AM
damn you mine comes in 3 days

Dark Angel
Dec 2nd, 2002, 05:03 PM
Is this just America?

Dark Angel
Dec 2nd, 2002, 05:08 PM
And is it actually a DVD or Playstation 2 game, as my parents are going to USA soon and if they got it would it play over here (on a multi region if it's a DVD - I know it wouldn't if it's a PS2 game)

MakgSnake
Dec 2nd, 2002, 06:01 PM
Its a DVD, but can only be played on the Ps2 DVD system. Not any other!.! Sorry....

And yes this "Document" was release only in America, espeically for US/CANADA people.

As UK got its documented stuff with the game last year.

Plug 4
Dec 3rd, 2002, 05:42 PM
WHAT????? the dvd is out?????? i thought the dvd came only with metal gear substance for the ps2...god damn i have to buy it

Plug 4
Dec 3rd, 2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

I bought it..... its simply amazing. Sweet little things that I would have never know. Things like Hideo started working on MGS2 way back in the 1998 of Oct.

And not only that, but seriously tons of other stuff. See all the characters in detail in 3D models. Some of them early model, like of "VAMP", which looks like a model that could have passed in for MGS1. A Yoji Shinkawa style of Solid Snake (Anime 3D model).

There are some really cool stuff.

Contains, ALL THE TRIALERS ever to engrace this planet. Including some "Internal Video Footages" ..... which wasn't shown ever before, there are 4 I think.

Then some interview with the people who worked on "Motion Capture" for the game.

The whole games script..........(telling, why a character said it and with what expression on their faces) which you can even see in POLYGON Demo, "without sound".... and actually run it slow motion and rotate the cameras in all the CUT Scenes.

You can see all the Stages, and take the camera everywhere. (Including some MGS1 stages as well and some stuff "Hind D" and stuff like that)

And there is soooo much more, how the game worked, what things were required. All the stuff (collecters item) that has been released till today is in it. Stuff like from "Calenders" to "Lighters" to "Japanese Action Figures" with 360 View.

If you love Metal Gear Series. You would LOVEEEE this amazing huge GEM!!! I am so glad I have this.......

in which store have it in canada?? and how much??

Mercury Shadow
Dec 3rd, 2002, 05:45 PM
Woah! You sold me on it, Makg!! Thanks man, I'll be getting it for Xmas.

In the US it's been out for a while now. Probably a month

The_Senator
Dec 3rd, 2002, 05:52 PM
I got a MGS DVD with my copy of the game. It was a special version. Are you guys talking about this or am I missing something here??

Is there a separate DVD available??

dan da man
Dec 3rd, 2002, 05:55 PM
hmmm i thinking this too, if it is a seperate dvd is it out in the UK yet?

The_Senator
Dec 3rd, 2002, 06:01 PM
D00d I think we got it with the game because Konami probably didn't see it getting over as a separate DVD, I'm guessing this because most of the things said by Makg are in the DVD we have!!

So I think we're ok, because I don't think too many people here would've bought the DVD, I myself would have but most people would've done that , Oh I'll get it when I have the money but then they never get round to it.

I think it's because Konami see the DVD being shifted on its own in the US!!

dan da man
Dec 3rd, 2002, 06:07 PM
yea senator i think we r ok!
makgsnake did your mgs2 game box say special making and extra cd, well put it this way did u get a mgs2 game and dvd in the game package or just one disc mgs2?

MakgSnake
Dec 3rd, 2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Plug 4
in which store have it in canada?? and how much??
I got it from EB, and it was for $29.99 only!!!! Just imagine! (Canadian)

And anytime Merc, ........hope you enjoy the DVD as much as I do. And yeah it contains 5 VR missions......

And Senator, I think you are right, UK people got an extra DVD with their version of MGS2. But I am not too sure if that DVD had this much EXTRA stuff. The stuff I mentioned above are 30% of what it contains. But still you guys still got some nice stuff in the UK version of MGS2. :)

dan da man
Dec 3rd, 2002, 06:14 PM
5 vr mission!! are they playble?!?!?
dont think we got them in the uk version!

MakgSnake
Dec 3rd, 2002, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

5 vr mission!! are they playble?!?!?

Ofcourse...... 5 Playable VR missions from the SUBSTANCE. .... They are pretty cool and the last one is a tough one too! :D

The_Senator
Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:22 PM
Being a UK gamer really can suck.

We get everything last and its usually crap. Ok sometimes it's improved but who cares. By the time we get it's yesterday's news to the rest of the world!!

dan da man
Dec 4th, 2002, 07:44 AM
^
^
i agree it does suck, like online gaming for cosoles u guys got it months ago we after w8 till next year and for substance!!:weep:

Plug 4
Dec 4th, 2002, 04:38 PM
cool i just bought the dvd...i didnt watch it yet but i will tonight...damn 29.99$ can. is a bit expansive but it's metal gear!

Plug 4
Dec 6th, 2002, 05:09 PM
shit the dvd is good...but theres a lot of stuff, i like it but there should be more more document or like there should some interview with hideo...something like that. and more vr missions.

MakgSnake
Dec 6th, 2002, 06:07 PM
Well yeah I wanted a Hideo's interview too, but it didn't have any. I liked that Motion Capture people's interview, and some real behind the scenes, like then party they did when MGS2 was completeted and all.

That was cool. :)

dan da man
Dec 7th, 2002, 07:19 AM
has the uk version dvd got the 5 playble vr missions?