PDA

View Full Version : PS2's DVD player sucks...

Crono
Nov 30th, 2002, 11:18 AM
The color repeatedly goes from shades of light to shades of dark, why?!

Spank-A-Thon
Nov 30th, 2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Crono

The color repeatedly goes from shades of light to shades of dark, why?! Let me guess. You have your PS2 going through a VCR right?

What you are experiencing is the effects of Macrovision. It's used on DVD players to stop people from copy DVDs onto video tape. All DVD players do it unless you have your player hacked to disable Macrovision.

So it's nothing to do with PS2, but DVD players in general.

- S

Crono
Nov 30th, 2002, 11:29 AM
No, I have it going through a Pelican System Selector accessory, and if you're sure that's the porblem how can I fix it?

Big Dude
Nov 30th, 2002, 01:14 PM
I had that same prblem with mine, but it was cuz i was using an RFU adapter. You have to use the red/white/yellow things going into the tv for the thing to work proporly, well thats how it works for me anyway.

mark0™
Nov 30th, 2002, 01:15 PM
I got it all messed up but my SCART lead sorted it out..

Matrix
Nov 30th, 2002, 02:55 PM
have not had one single problem except for when I use the RFU adapter it messes up the sound....but this is only my TV's fault I have tried it on other TV's and it works fine!!!!!

Spank-A-Thon
Nov 30th, 2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Crono

No, I have it going through a Pelican System Selector accessory, and if you're sure that's the porblem how can I fix it? I have no idea what a Pelican System Selector is, so I wouldn't know how to solve your problem.

However, have you tried connecting your PS2 directly to your TV and playing a DVD? Try that - at least then you can rule out your PSS if the problem persists.

- S

Silent Assassin
Jan 28th, 2003, 05:14 PM
i did notice that playing DVDs on my PS2 was good but then all the sudden on the widescreen modes like on the top left and top right areas where the picture would be..it would start to turn colors like blue ..and green...but really faded colors...and im using the red/white/yellow cord..but its in the VCR...is it just my VCR thats the problem..or could the screen be burnt or something ..although it only happens during game movie things or wide screen DVDs ...so if u know ne thing bout this could u tel me plz ..thanx

sk8er_kyle
Feb 12th, 2003, 11:00 PM
I havn't noticed any problems with my PS2. The screen has some static but thats just because i have a really old TV. I have a real DVD player and my PS2 and I dont notice any diferences exept the static from the TV.:ghost:

rpgKing
Feb 14th, 2003, 12:50 PM
See if your tv has and S-video output. The reason the dvds do that is because of anti-privacy to prevent coping the dvd.

ToxicUK
Apr 30th, 2003, 03:24 PM
1 - Its your VCR cos its got anti-copying technology.

2 - You need a better lead.

ToxicUK
Apr 30th, 2003, 03:24 PM
1 - Its your VCR cos its got anti-copying technology.

2 - You need a better lead.

Jubei
May 4th, 2003, 06:18 PM
I've never had any probs with my Ps2, as far as lack of quality in DvD's is concerned. When measured against a £1000 pound stand alone DVD then yea, you'll see a tiny difference, but for the money its top shelf :)

NuckinFutts
Jan 1st, 2004, 06:02 PM
The PS2 is shoddy hardware all together so this doesn't really surprise me.

airbornecow
Jan 19th, 2004, 08:11 PM
*sighs*
buy a new one. progressive scan. better chip.
if you haven't already.
*sighs*

-PSX-
Jan 20th, 2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by airbornecow

*sighs*
buy a new one. progressive scan. better chip.
if you haven't already.
*sighs*

what REAL help was that post airborne? No but umm.. the pelican system selector is probably what does it Crono. If you can put it directly to your TV it shoul work great.

Also, the macrovision doesn't work on my 14" Philips TV/video combi - no macro.. wahoo :ghost: