PDA

View Full Version : Akira

MakgSnake
Nov 29th, 2002, 03:09 PM
One of the very few animes I have seen, and although I enjoyed this movie, there is one thing that I didn't like. When watching this anime, why was I waiting for this anime to end. It was like, it'll never end. .......

I know its a really OLD anime, and most of you wouldn't wanna talk about it. But still....... dont you think they really streched the ending. I mean, they over did it, they could have ended the movie at the football stadium (was it a football or baseball) neway. They really went on with it........ which I have to say kinda bored me in the end.........

Cannibal Clown
Nov 29th, 2002, 03:37 PM
Well, i'm one of the biggest akira fans i know, right aside from my good friends, silent soldier and 007, but i can still see why you dissliked it. It makes for a good movie for some, and will bore thye hell out of others. and the ending was kinda dragged out, and didn't really finnish off the way i was hoping for. Oh well, say what you must, but anyone else reading this post, don't let one upset viewer keep you from seeing this movie. It's 2 hours long, but should be seen by all fans of anime. It's like the charlie chapman of japanimation. A classic.

Zanku
Nov 30th, 2002, 12:58 PM
I watched the DVD again the other day, although you kinda get edgy toward the end because you want it to end quicker, its still a very good film.
The beginning is really different to the end section of the film, but its fantastic. Its in one of the Guiness Book of records.

Neo_Soldier28
Dec 1st, 2002, 05:10 AM
I (silent soldier) absolutly love the movie and i completly understand what you mean but when the ending did come i was like no i want more, what happened to tetsuo after he arrived by akira ect.

merylsilverburg
Dec 1st, 2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

I know its a really OLD anime, and most of you wouldn't wanna talk about it.

Old animes are sometimes the best ones, you know? ;)

Anyway, I still have to see Akira. *gets punched* Yeah, yeah I know...I'm a loser for still not seeing this classic, but the thing is...I heard many say it's really boring (just like how CC said) especially in the beginning. But, I still have to see it since it really is a classic anime that everyone should at least see once. :)

kold
Dec 1st, 2002, 11:47 AM
actually the first time i saw akira i thought it was terrible. stuff happens so fast and i wasnt in the mood to really pay attention and when i first rented it i thought it was a biker gang movie. but i watched it over after a friend convinced me, its a confusing movie i had to read a online FAQ to understand some things of the movie.

Ninja
Dec 1st, 2002, 03:52 PM
dude that movie was not boring, Akira has to be like one of the few animes that I really enjoy watching all the time

MakgSnake
Dec 1st, 2002, 07:48 PM
I am not saying its a bad anime, but that they streched the ending like as if its never gonna end. And some stuff was although really COOL ... but I dont know.........

merylsilverburg
Dec 1st, 2002, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

I am not saying its a bad anime, but that they streched the ending like as if its never gonna end. And some stuff was although really COOL ... but I dont know.........

It's okay, Makg, there are some animes that aren't for everyone...yeah, maybe Akira isn't a bad anime, but it's just probably not your style, that's cool. Probably isn't mine either, but I still have to see it anyway. :laugh:

Maybe you'll like more fast-paced animes, with the storyline moving along?

MakgSnake
Dec 1st, 2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg

Maybe you'll like more fast-paced animes, with the storyline moving along?
Yup, you are right, I guess so too. And especially with more background music.

Suzuki_Fanboy
Dec 5th, 2002, 10:23 PM
Meryl...go...see...Akira...NOW!!!

I love this movie. It's fantastic...but I guess I can understand your opinion. I'm not going to continue to say how cool it is. It's not my favorite, though...

I know its a really OLD anime, and most of you wouldn't wanna talk about it.

Haha, this is one of the most popular anime's of all time. People will be talking about it for a loooooooong time. The animation in this movie is stunning (IMO). I love the style. The story is good, too.

Plug 4
Dec 5th, 2002, 10:39 PM
shit im like the only one who never saw that anime...damn i really have to see it

Mr. Death
Dec 5th, 2002, 10:53 PM
:evil: This movie is one of the best ever. It has a good story, good characters, everything. I watch it over and over all the time. :ghost:

merylsilverburg
Dec 6th, 2002, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Suzuki_Fanboy

Meryl...go...see...Akira...NOW!!!

:laugh: I tried to rent it yesterday, but it was gone. :disturb: Just my luck, eh? Maybe it's a sign.....:laugh: j/k j/k

Frozen
Dec 6th, 2002, 04:05 AM
IMO this movie is a must see, and I don't think it's boring. mind-blending, I'd say. That's what made it a classic, along with the outstanding quality it has having in mind the year it was made.

ssjtrunks13
Dec 6th, 2002, 08:16 PM
Glad to know what I heard about it has been confirmed.

Fox
Dec 7th, 2002, 12:19 AM
akira is one of the best animes....yeah it is old....at least 20 years old, but it will enver stopped being talked about.

Vicious
Dec 8th, 2002, 03:57 PM
I saw the movie Akira when i was about 10 years old on a Saturday morning on the Sci-Fi channel. Since then, Sci-fi has ceased to play animes on Saturday for some reason. When i saw the movie it didn't make much sense, but i still thought it was awesome.:peoples:

Deathwatchz
Dec 8th, 2002, 11:13 PM
hey meryl, i dont think that it was out because you shouldnt see it, it think it was a sign that you should BUY it!!! believe me, if you like animes, you'll love akira

mark0™
Jan 1st, 2003, 04:16 PM
Very First anime movie i;ve seen, watched it on the plane a few days ago, great stuff. Real confusing though, I hated those wrinkled kids lol. Definately worth seeing, Anime is more artistic than hollywood.