PDA

View Full Version : whats better mgs1 or mgs2?

dan da man
Nov 28th, 2002, 02:37 PM
mgs1 and mgs2 both had fantastic story lines, gameplay and graphics, im not sure which is my fav
whats yours?

mark0™
Nov 28th, 2002, 02:47 PM
they r basically meant to be similar story wise, but MGS2 wins of course.

Uchiha Sasuke
Nov 28th, 2002, 04:55 PM
I enjoy the first mgs a little more.I found the story more captivating overall,and it gave me a better sense of joy when i finally beat it.

MakgSnake
Nov 28th, 2002, 10:54 PM
Better dialouges --> MGS1
Better action sequences --> MGS2
Better bosses --> MGS1
Better music --> MGS2
Better gameplay --> MGS2
Better graphics --> MGS2

I say MGS2. But MGS1 is something that pulled me towards video games. I love them both equally. :P

Dark Angel
Nov 30th, 2002, 04:39 PM
I prefer MGS1, the story is just so much better to me, and while I love the MGS2 ending, MGS1 is just..........pulled off better. And it brings back fond memories of 1998....

Plug 4
Dec 2nd, 2002, 08:38 PM
i go with mgs1...it's my favorite all-time game ever..the first time i played that game i was blessed

Daedaelus
Dec 2nd, 2002, 11:01 PM
Storywise, I would say MGS1 is better. Graphics, MGS2

Lone Wolf
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:58 AM
I think MGS1 was vastly better than the sequel. The story was so much better in one. It went into fiction yes, but a secret project was a bit less of a reach than a group of 12 men secretly running things in the entire world. The bosses were much better in MGS. Look at Fox-Hound then look at Dead Cell. Fox-Hound had a kickass sniper, a telepath/kenetic/psycho, a face changing spy, a gun expert and huge shaman. Dead Cell is pitiful a lucky woman, a fat bastard, a "vamp" and Solidus Snake (the only decent guy). When you look at it, which was easier, as well? Dead Cell by far.

Graphics, clearly MGS2 has that since it's on a PS2. But if they were both on the PS2 which would you like better? Snake v.s. that rat bastard Raiden. Clearly, Snake would crush the little kid. Who even had better backup? You like Rose? If so, you're a rare person, indeed. Mei Ling wasn't annoying at all, neither were Master Miller or Nastasha Romanenko. As for general gameplay, again that ties into graphics somewhat. But which was tougher? Go back and play MGS1 then 2 and compare. I like harder games so that's up to your own preference of whether you just want to watch a movie or a play a game. MGS2 was more like a movie in my opinion.

Rei
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:11 AM
I like both of them, but I like MGS2 more. It's not a matter of graphics. I repeat that I like them both, but I slightly prefer 2.
The story of MGS2 is muh more complex IMO, and thanks to Raiden, there's not a main character. This forces the player to not focus the attention of the "coolness" of the protagonist, but on the story, on the plot, on the motivations of each involved character. To me, MGS2 is a more mature game than MGS1. Obviously, the gameplay is also improved if compared to the one of the previous game.

And on a side note to Lone Wolf: I think Mei Ling was terribly annoying.

dan da man
Dec 3rd, 2002, 11:29 AM
i have not choose yet, so i think mgs1! its my best ever game but mgs2 is right behind it in my choice!

Lone Wolf
Dec 3rd, 2002, 03:04 PM
And on a side note to Lone Wolf: I think Mei Ling was terribly annoying I'd yell blasphemy but sadly, people are entitled to their opinions. I personally liked the odd quote here and there. Unlike Rose's sudden whining about a relationship while this guy's very life is on the line, amongst other things.

dan da man
Dec 3rd, 2002, 03:16 PM
^
^
i agree mei ling was a good character every character is good on mgs!:D

Plug 4
Dec 3rd, 2002, 05:40 PM
what i like a lot in mg2 is those shocking and suprising moments the game had...when u play raiden and at the end when the colonel is talking to u by codec and he gets all crazy.."I NEED SCISORS" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

dan da man
Dec 3rd, 2002, 05:53 PM
^
^
:laugh:
yea that realy messed me up that codec call, i had been playing it for like 10 hours (first time playing mgs2) got a codec call of the conol saying swtich the ps2 off i thought i was going crazy!!!! lmao:laugh:

Vicious
Dec 4th, 2002, 05:23 PM
MGS2 is the best game of all time, but i haven't played MGS1 and i mean to buy the game soon cause i've heard that it is as good if not better than MGS2:shock: :mad:

Vicious
Dec 4th, 2002, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Plug 4

what i like a lot in mg2 is those shocking and suprising moments the game had...when u play raiden and at the end when the colonel is talking to u by codec and he gets all crazy.."I NEED SCISORS" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

When i first played it and the colonel and the girlstarted saying stuff like "Haven't you played long enough, don't you have anything better to do?" I started freakin out and I started breathing hard and sweating so i just turned it off and didn't play it for a week until i figured out it was just part of the game.

Plug 4
Dec 4th, 2002, 10:31 PM
^^hahahaha:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: u got to be joking?

dan da man
Dec 5th, 2002, 09:29 AM
liquidsanke w8 until u play mgs1 if your a fan mgs, you will love this game and treasure it forever!! trust me!!

Mr. Death
Dec 5th, 2002, 10:18 PM
:evil: I would have to say the Metal Gear Solid one was slightly better because it was longer and I guess little more fun. don't get me wrong MGS2 was really fun beacsue of the first person view, M4, holding people up, the cahracters, the plot, and the twists and all that were awsome, but they really could of made it A LOT longer tahn they did.:ghost: