PDA

View Full Version : Killing or not?

Hylas
Feb 15th, 2002, 09:02 PM
In MGS games, do you prefer killing your enemies to get rid of them, or avoiding them using strategies or tricks?
And when in trouble you choose to fight or you try to escape without getting hurt?

Pu the Owl
Feb 15th, 2002, 10:08 PM
In general I prefer avoiding enemies without killing them, if it's not necessary, both because I don't want to waste ammo and also because I prefer not to be killed by them :p
Obviously this only goes for secondary enemies, because you can't avoid bosses.

merylsilverburg
Feb 16th, 2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Fortune
In general I prefer avoiding enemies without killing them, if it's not necessary, both because I don't want to waste ammo and also because I prefer not to be killed by them :p

How true. I always try to avoid them and if that doesn't work, I'll quickly whip out my M9 and tranquilize them. That way, I can run around freely for a bit.

GaseousSnake
Feb 16th, 2002, 03:08 PM
MGS is all about avoiding enemies as much as possible.So its either a person avoids enemys or he stays to fight them all and die in an hour of gameplay.:D

Rei
Feb 16th, 2002, 06:02 PM
I use M9 to avoid enemies when needed, usually aiming to their head so they suddenly fall asleep.

jenova_jeb
Feb 16th, 2002, 07:28 PM
I'm a shoot'em up type a guy, so I can rarely keep myself from hitting the shoot button when I see someone walking past. Slippery fingers I guess :rolleyes: :p .

merylsilverburg
Feb 16th, 2002, 09:06 PM
Sometimes in the game, I forget that I equipped the Socom instead of the M9, so when I shoot the guard or whoever, blood spills out of their head and I'm like, "Oh, damn...."

jenova_jeb
Feb 16th, 2002, 09:50 PM
I hate it when that happens. I do the same thing. I equip the Socom, thinking it's the M9, and then all of the sudden the place goes on alert and I have to run like heck :rolleyes: .

DragonSphere
Feb 17th, 2002, 12:18 AM
I only kill when I don't feel like continuing on with the game. That way I don't need to save it so it won't affect my gameplay. But it occupies me for so many hours, to the point where I often forget what I have to do next in the storyline. :p

merylsilverburg
Feb 17th, 2002, 05:32 AM
Yeah, then you'll have to call the Colonel or whoever for help, so you won't be stuck wandering around clueless. :D

Vamp
Feb 18th, 2002, 07:48 AM
M9 i use

i prefer not to kill anyone

but for some reason (always) i really want to beat the crap out of the search team. they piss me off.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 24th, 2002, 09:59 PM
Im the type that loves to blast stuff so mainly i attack everybody i come across with full force

MakgSnake
Feb 25th, 2002, 04:38 AM
I Prefer Not Killing Anyone. I Just Dont Like The Shattering Of The Blood All Over. I Just Dont Like It!.!

But Sometimes.........The Soldiers Piss Me Off....So I End Up Killing Them Like A Mad Man! :D

GaseousSnake
Feb 25th, 2002, 04:56 AM
I luv it when i creep on the bad guys.Its so thrilling

LiquidSm0ke
Feb 25th, 2002, 03:16 PM
I kill as many soldiers as I can. :ghost:

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 25th, 2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by LiquidSm0ke
I kill as many soldiers as I can. :ghost:

I guess thats why you call yourself the bringer of death

LiquidSm0ke
Feb 26th, 2002, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by SSSnake

I guess thats why you call yourself the bringer of death

Yep. :evil:

MADRUCKIS
Feb 26th, 2002, 02:30 PM
Hmpff:
Me personally, I'd rather use the m9 from a distance in case I miss and then execute the poor bastard with a Socom shot to the back of his head.
Sick but entertaining.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 26th, 2002, 05:48 PM
Yeah that always is a good way to work.I do the same sometimes.Stun em drag then in a area and plug away.