PDA

View Full Version : what is the best console?

dan da man
Nov 26th, 2002, 03:20 PM
what do u guys think is the best console out on the market?
mine is the playstation 2 :cool:

Daedaelus
Nov 26th, 2002, 04:11 PM
Every console's got it's strong point.

PS2: lots of games, since it's been out for so long.

NGC: Very sweet looking graphics, and they have some of the best known games exclusive.

X-BOX: The most powerful system on the market, and has some very nice games including Shenmue II.

My personal opinion however, is NGC.

Beretta55
Nov 26th, 2002, 06:40 PM
i was hopeing somebody wouldnt bring this up cause of what happened last time. but i like all my system's just the same but the one im playing alot right now is NGC.

Sleazy P Martini
Nov 26th, 2002, 07:02 PM
I own a PS2 and an Xbox. I love em both equally.

Uchiha Sasuke
Nov 26th, 2002, 09:21 PM
Yeah all three have some really great points and some things that are not good about them.If you want to by a console these days,its pretty much all due to the software lineup.Power these days is thrown around but doesn't sell the console.So instead of thinking about a console in terms that "oooo look this is the most powerful console" think in terms of what games you want to play.

BTW- No slamming on consoles.If i see any negative posts it going to be closed.~ THankyou.

Daedaelus
Nov 26th, 2002, 11:07 PM
Whats your opinion SSSnake?

Uchiha Sasuke
Nov 26th, 2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Iguana

Whats your opinion SSSnake?

We'll i have all three.Its really really hard to choose one over the other but say if i had to i would probably go with ps2 as the best at this time mainly because the amount of amazing games it has out and the ones that are still coming.

AudioBoxer
Nov 27th, 2002, 12:36 AM
I give it out to the Ps2, I hate the XBox cus its owned my Gates!!

Beretta55
Nov 27th, 2002, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by AudioBoxer

now that's the kinda crap that can start a flame war. beside's it's a stupid reason of hating it. im not defeanding the xbox im trying to prevent a flame war from happening.

BlackThornn
Nov 27th, 2002, 12:47 PM
I despise Microsoft as a company, but I still owned a preowned Xbox and buy used games.

As for the best console.. I'd have to say the PS2 because of the games (as has been mentioned repeatedly) and the larger fanbase. The NGC is more a console for kids (no offense intended, it's just a fact that there are very few M games on the console's list) and longtime fans of Nintendo. The Xbox is coming into it's own game-wise, but it's still got a long way to go before it can even touch the GC; give it another year and it might not even be amounting into huge losses for M$. *chuckles*

MakgSnake
Nov 27th, 2002, 01:33 PM
I'd be buying the other 2 consoles someday, for sure, to enjoy different games.

But NCG would be next on my list. Xbox is a kind of a system that didn't impress me at all. Saying its the most powerful system, haven't really shown what its capable of "really". I have played quite a few games on it.

Its normal control is something I didn't like either. As on the other hand NGC controllers may look ugly, but once you hold them, they are sooo amazing. Fits so well, and seems like the buttons are at the right place where it should be.

I'll buy both them someday soon. Oh yeah not saying that I dont like Xbox for this reason, but I seriously dont like Billy Boy.

REChick14
Nov 27th, 2002, 01:56 PM
Its hard to say which is the best since all have their ups & downs. People have different tastes and it depends on the person I suppose. But my choice would be PS2. PS2 has most of the games im into and the controllers are nice & simple. So in my short conclusion I believe Ps2 is the best console out there.:happy:

XboxKiller
Nov 27th, 2002, 02:17 PM
I will have to go with the ps2. as you can tell my name says alot. see the reason I dont like the xbox that much is because they are saying that it shows much MUCH better graphics then the ps2 and GC when their is really no difference. now sure their is a little difference but damn its not a big deal people.
its like drinking cheap coke then drink expensive coke is their a difference yeah kind but its nothing to worry about.
so thats why I will go with the console with the best games good ass graphics a nice controller.

PS2:cool:

Sword 4 Hire
Nov 27th, 2002, 05:57 PM
I prefer my Ps2 over my Xbox at the moment

I really want an cube though...

mark0™
Nov 27th, 2002, 06:55 PM
I Remember when the N64 was advertised as the most powerful console on the world then I got my PS2 (first batch in UK, preorderd it in June, got it Christmas Eve lol) And I was proud to say "hey, do you know i have in my possesion, the most powerful console in the world?" then the Xbox came out, bah, So i got one :) Must admit, the Ps2 rules all, and the NGC would be a strong contender if it used normal sized disks to allow CD/DVD use...

Daedaelus
Nov 27th, 2002, 07:09 PM

That has to be one of the most useless statements I've ever heard. Please do not talk like that, there are many people on these forums who will defend X-BOX, so please justify your statements. This kind of stuff erupts into a flame-war very quickly.

Sword 4 Hire
Nov 27th, 2002, 07:36 PM
Yeah I agree with the above statement

I find myself defending my box quite often nowadays

MakgSnake
Nov 27th, 2002, 11:54 PM

That is a pretty hard statement, but hey Audio has the right to say whatever he wants. Not exactly defending him, but although its an opinion with no reasons, still it is one.

Just like many people wouldn't buy products made by the Talibans for example (even if they are good).

KraftSLU
Nov 28th, 2002, 04:22 AM
I really hate to say this, but I haven't turned the ps2 on in over two months now. Why? Xbox Live. Good lord that system makes all the difference in the world. Between running ground assaults in Ghost Recon, Calling offensive plays in NFL 2K3 and cruising around the track in MotoGP, I really haven't played much else... well, except for splinter cell (because it is the most fun 1 player game I have played in a long time, and possibly the best graphics I have seen on any system, including PC).

Metroid Prime was nice, played that for about 10 hours, but I just find myself falling back to duking it out with friends from the net online.

Vicious
Dec 5th, 2002, 10:07 PM
I own a PS2 and a Game Cube and I love them both the same. I like the PS2 FOR ITS GREAT SELECTION OF GAMES AND THE ABILITY TO PLAY dvdS ON IT, and I like the Game Cube for its many multiplayer games and many exclusive games. The only system that I dont like is the X Box because it's basically a PS2, but with fewer games and not as many systems sold. I dont know if it is considered a system or not, but my PC is also something that i spend many hours playing because of its online play and very wide vaiety of games from all genres ( FPS being my favorite).:roll:

dan da man
Dec 6th, 2002, 07:00 AM
the xbox and ps2 i dont think are simalar there are diffrent in many ways!!

Chara
Dec 6th, 2002, 09:15 AM
I would choose PS2 but Xbox live has made the Xbox so much better. Its actually a console worth playing now. So I kinda like the Xbox and PS2 both equally.

But the xbox is slowly making my PS2 fade away. The same way my PS2 slowly replaced my Dreamcast.

Plug 4
Dec 7th, 2002, 11:59 AM
order:

PS2
GC
X-box

seriously playstation is the best but i really love the gamecube. Sorry x-box fan..i dont like that console

Frozen
Dec 7th, 2002, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

That is a pretty hard statement, but hey Audio has the right to say whatever he wants. Not exactly defending him, but although its an opinion with no reasons, still it is one.

Just like many people wouldn't buy products made by the Talibans for example (even if they are good).

No, that is a big problem, Makg. People is too sued to just throw stupid opinions away. If you are going to say something , it shall have a reason behind it. Yes, he can say whatever he wants, as long as it's got at least some reasonable arguments behind it.

I love my 4 consoles equally. AS Iguana said, each has their strong points. I love my DC because of the many fighting games I have for it, which I can not find in any other console ( SNK games, Street Fighter 3, etc.) and I can get the games for free, mind you :evil:

PS2 because it was my very first next gen console, boguht with my own money, and because of the great list of games on it, as others have said. The xBox, which right now haves a very thin list of nice games, although there is a nice stash coming up. As for it's controllers, I actually love them, both the regular and S controller. In my opinion, probably the best controllers I have ever used to play an FP, with the experience I had with HALO. OUTSTANDING. And last but not least, my so beloved new puppy