PDA

View Full Version : GTA VC vs THE GETAWAY

dan da man
Nov 24th, 2002, 03:30 PM
which one do u think will win the badass gangter spotlight i think vice city will stay number 1 hotspot what do u think?

furry_spatula
Nov 24th, 2002, 03:35 PM
I think GTA VC, even WITH its extreme unholy buggyness, will be the best of its genre. Even though I havent played The Getaway. Its all here in Vice City.

furry_spatula
Nov 24th, 2002, 03:36 PM
and have a look at my stats, under the "why am I still 98% complete?" thread. I typed out ALL my stats. So have a look will ya?

Beretta55
Nov 24th, 2002, 03:44 PM
uh.....the getaway isnt even out yet so there really is no contest. so im undecided until i play the getaway.

dan da man
Nov 24th, 2002, 03:44 PM
i have looked at your stats, is the getaway any good and is there helis and motobikes in it?

Beretta55
Nov 24th, 2002, 03:47 PM
it's not supposed to be like GTA3 it's a whole diffrent project. with racing and gangsta action.

dan da man
Nov 24th, 2002, 03:55 PM
yea berreta when there both on the store shelfs which one is most likely to be the ulitmate badass i havent play the getaway yet either

Beretta55
Nov 24th, 2002, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

yea berreta when there both on the store shelfs which one is most likely to be the ulitmate badass i havent play the getaway yet either
i know the company who is making it is from london. and plus i think most of the game's they made were race car game's.

mark0™
Nov 24th, 2002, 06:22 PM
isnt the getaway's world like absolutely huge, like the actual size of london, my firedn told me this but it seems a little exagerated.

sk8er_kyle
Nov 25th, 2002, 02:03 AM
I think the getaway will be good, but not better than VC.:ghost:

Dactrius
Nov 25th, 2002, 04:08 AM
As mentioned (by Beretta55 I believe), GTA:VC and The Getaway are two completely different projects with only a handful of similarities - You drive cars, you run around, and there's some shooty bits in-between...

The Getaway is a lot more serious when it comes to graphics and gameplay. Although it's possible to compare the two, I doubt it should be done. Vice City is for those who prefer to just pick it up and create havoc. The Getaway is a lot more challenging in this department from what I know, and if it's anything like Mafia turned out, you'll probably cork it after a few shots anyway.

Bottom line - they're both different and shouldn't be compared this way. Let's just wait until it's out and let the punters decide. My vote? Come on GTA! :cool:

dan da man
Nov 25th, 2002, 11:04 AM
yea when u read reviews in magazines they are vs each other for th ultimate gangster so its not about the missions, races etc its about the gangster life and the game:laugh:

dan da man
Nov 25th, 2002, 05:05 PM
hey mark0 about the size of the getaway it is over 40 square kilometers of london

Harry
Nov 26th, 2002, 08:49 AM
We have a detailed preview of the game in our previews section; you'll find a lot of info about The Getaway.