PDA

View Full Version : Best way to gain S lv`s??

Hadoken
Feb 14th, 2002, 07:48 PM
I found a new way to gain S lv`s!!
Its actually quite simple, just a bit time consuming. but VERY worthwhile.
here`s how to do it.
Get weapons with overdrive->AP,
I got 100 doors to tommorow from the training arena guy for capturing monsters.
I`m not 100% sure which monsters to catch, but I only caught all monsters in besaid, kilika, mi'ihen highroad, calm lands, and mushroom rock road.
I went back and got 100 doors to tommorow!
Then i equipped it on some weapons,
Set my overdrive modes to comrade,
and fought with the cactuar king at the monster arena.(He was created from the monsters i had caught)
But when you go into battle, DO NOT attack him! I immediately cast haste on all 3 members i wanted to level up.
At first I used tidus, wakka, and auron with them equipped with overdrive->AP,
So with haste on all 3 members, i just guarded until the cactuar king killed one of my guys with either 10,000 needles or 99,999 needles.
Now note that since you have the overdrive->AP and the overdrive mode set to comrade, any damage done to a persons comrade raises their AP! So if the cactuar king does 99,999 needles, guess what?! Your AP goes WAAAAYYYY up!!!
After he kills one of my guys with his attack, immediately revive that character with anything you have, then cast haste on that members ASAP.
The only character i have with haste and hastaga is tidus, so if he died, both wakka and auron were in haste mode, i had one of them revive tidus, who luckily has auto-haste on his shield.
I just let the cactuar king kill one of my guys, revive that person, and tried to keep them all in haste mode. and just repeat the process until the cactuar king runs away, or just use tidus' flee ability.
But please note that you should have ALL 3 characters alive when using flee, otherwise, you will NOT gain AP.

Well thats about all there is to it, i gained quite a lot of AP this way.

IcyMourdor
Feb 14th, 2002, 09:39 PM
Man, I'm definintly going to have to try that.

Sword 4 Hire
Feb 14th, 2002, 10:10 PM
Sweet!

DragonSphere
Feb 15th, 2002, 01:48 AM
Wow, I never thought of that. But right now, I only have Tidus with Overdrive->AP.

Hadoken
Feb 15th, 2002, 07:56 AM
This method blows the guarding way outta the water, which I heard takes quite a while.
now remember that for every 99,999 needles the cactuar king does, thats 99,999 AP!
I had tidus with only about 4890HP before i started doin this, but now he`s at 9999HP, and since he has his ultimate weapon, those nasty little fiends all go bye bye!:D

jenova_jeb
Feb 15th, 2002, 05:02 PM
Hehe, that's sweet. Too bad I'm so lazy :p .

Zelgadis
Mar 7th, 2002, 07:01 PM
hmm cool but hell 2 lazy 2 try it lol but i know batter way mauahha but im not tellin ya only masters are allowed 2 know that :)

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 7th, 2002, 10:56 PM
Hey I'll give it a shot! I'm bored at the moment....